- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate gets a visitor, but .. she has no idea the effect of her actions will effect them
Kate was curled up in a ball, motionless on the bed. The sheets patterned and crumpled around her. The bedroom looked like a bombsite yet she looked so peaceful.

Immediately Tony thought the worst.

"No Kate, cant be dead" He thought, he reassured.

He ran over to her, supporting his gun in its holster. He stroked her hair as he knelt beside the bed she was lying on. As soon as his fingers delicately smoothed her hair, she seemed to almost jump out her skin. He was closer now; he could see her tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

"He came back" She whispered almost unbearably. "He said he has people who can deal wit me if we take it further."

"KATE!" Shouted a brown haired woman, she looked enough like Kate to be her sister. She ran over with a brown handbag in one hand and a pair of sunglasses is the other. Her eyes were crystal blue which contrasted to he deep chocolate brown of her eye makeup. She was very beautiful in Tony's opinion.

"Tony" Kate sighed.
"oh, right" Said Tony immediately taking his eyes of the other woman.

She bent over the bed and scooped Kate up I her arms.

"Are you ok?! What's happened?!"
"Jess, its Jonathan!"

She shivered at the sound of his name, "What was that bastard doing here" She asked casually.

"SHE DIDN'T KNOW?!" Tony mouthed behind her so she couldn't see him.

Kate looked nervous all of a sudden, she looked as if she was going to be sick quite violently all over the woman in front of her.

"We … we…" she stuttered.

"We…well spit it out!"

"We…were." She looked at Tony for help, but he stood back with a look of surprise on his face.

"You were …?" Jess asked


"Engaged" Kate yelled looking even sicker, she ran to the bathroom. The Sounds of her throwing up the little breakfast she had we quietened by Tony closing the door behind her.

"I take it you're Kate's sister." Tony sighed.

Jess had a look of mixed horror and surprise on her face.

"Yes. Why the hell would she get herself involved with…"
She started to sob, Ton lifted her up and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sure she knew what she was doing."

He patted her awkwardly on the top of the head, trying to smooth down a piece of hair that was annoying him.

"Yea, she always has her way with men" she laughed sarcastically. "Even though you seem to be alot nicer than her other boyfriends"

"Oh me and Kate .. we're just friends ... Co workers" He stuttered.

"Shame, you two make a cute couple" She smiled.