- Text Size +
Tony stopped typing for a second, his head still hurt little so he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. But as he closed them he remembered and felt Jared's breath on his neck, making him take a deep breath and made him shiver. He opened his eyes again, shook his head and moved his stiff neck.
"You okay, DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked. He was sitting behind his desk, listening to the sounds around as he worked and when he didn't hear the sound of Tony's typing he looked up at the young agent.
Tony had leaned back and closed his eyes, Gibbs eyes widened a little when he heard Tony's sharp intake of air and opened his eyes, shivering.
"Yes, boss." Tony said not meeting Gibbs eyes, turning back to the computer.
Gibbs frowned, something wasn't right with Tony. He thought back to when he, McGee and Ziva walked into the lab. He heard Abby saying something like "but it almost did" then he heard her speak Italian to Tony and he had felt that he just missed something important. Abby never spoke in another language in front of the team unless she wanted to say something secretly or if she joked around. And she didn't look like she was joking.
So when Tony had answered back, Gibbs had looked at him, noticed the big bruise forming on his head and he knew something was up. When Gibbs asked him about it he reached forward slightly and Tony had flinched away from him but he didn't anyone noticed that other than him. He let it drop but promised himself to ask Tony about it later, in private.
Gibbs was just about to say something more when he saw Tony look up and then the young mans eyes widened as Jared, Jen's secretary, walked into the bullpen and over to his desk. He didn't knew that Tony and Jared knew each other but it seem like it as the blond man leaned towards Tony to talk.
Gibbs grew more concerned as he saw the younger agent shifted his body, like he was getting ready to defend himself and Gibbs tried to look like he wasn't ease dropping but he heard every word.
"Tony, we need to talk." Jared said looking into Tony's green eyes.
"Jared, I'm working." Tony said in a low voice but Gibbs thought he heard something else in Tony's tone.
"But we need to talk, you have to let me explain." Jared leaned more forward, making Tony lean back in his chair. Jared lowered his voice to a whisper. "I really need you."
Gibbs almost leaned over his desk to hear the whisper, he couldn't hear the words but he saw Tony pale as he heard the words Jared whispered and as Jared moved one his hands towards Tony's on the desk. Gibbs was just about to ask his agent if Jared was bothering when he heard the soft thumping of Abby walking into the bullpen. He watched as her eyes widened in anger when she saw Jared at Tony's desk, she walked up to them, positioned herself behind Tony and laid a hand on his shoulder as she glared at Jared.
"I need to talk to you, Tony." She said as she almost pulled Tony from his chair. "Over there, excuse us." Abby dragged Tony over to the windows outside the bullpen.
Jared stood at Tony's desk starring after them, the he shook himself and walked away.
Gibbs cast a long glance as the blond man walked past his desk and then he turned back to Abby and Tony.
Abby was talking and Gibbs could see that she was upset, Tony stood there listening to her but after a few minutes he gently took her arm, said something and kissed her on the cheek. That made Abby's talking stop as she looked at him and she held her up her finger to him before they walked back into the bullpen.
"Hey boss-man. Here are the results." Abby handed him some papers ignoring his asking look.
"Thanks Abby." Gibbs said and she walked away down to the lab again. He laid down the paper to look at Tony again who was back working.
Gibbs looked around the bullpen to is someone else has noticed what just happened. Ziva was still working with her papers and it seemed like no one else had saw the conversation but as he looked over to McGee he saw the younger agent frown as he looked up to the floor above. He followed the agent's line of sight and saw Jared just turning away, walking to Jen's office.
Gibbs looked over to Tony, who was typing again, everything seemed okay now making Gibbs wondered if he wasn't getting overprotective off his agents.
Forcing himself to stop staring at Tony he turned back to his computer but he couldn't keep his thoughts from racing thru his head.
It had taken him a few years to realize that he had developed strong feelings for him but when they had surface, he knew that they had been there from day one. He knew that he couldn't offer Tony anything, the guy could get anyone he wanted and surely he didn't want some old marine.
Gibbs turned back to his work, trying to concentrate, he had to finish this then he would find out why Jared made Abby so mad and Tony so uncomfortable.


Tony stood up carefully, feeling a little dizzy but it disappeared and he gathered his things. Gibbs had just told them to pack up for to today, before he walked up to the directors office.
Tony was relieved, he just wanted to go home and take a hot long shower. He just needed to get to the restroom first.
"Do you want us to wait?" McGee asked as he saw Tony walking towards the restroom.
"Thanks but no, Probie." Tony said sending McGee a big smile. "See you tomorrow!"
"Okay, bye Tony." McGee and Ziva walked over to the elevator talking and waving at him.
After finishing his business, he made his way towards his desk, grabbed his gear and walked over to the elevator.
His steps echoed thru the empty parking garage as he walked over to his car, nearly everyone had gone home. He put his keys into the lock and was just about to open when he heard someone behind him. He turned around and was face to face with Jared, Tony almost reached for his gun but forced his hands away.
"What do you want, Jared." He said in a tired voice.
"I just want to apologize for earlier." Jared said his brown eyes watching Tony's every move hungrily."I didn't mean to hurt you..." He move towards Tony, held up his hand as to touch the bruise on Tony's head.
Tony jerked his head away and backed but his car was right behind him stopping him. He felt nauseous as Jared caressed his cheek.
"But you are so beautiful that I can't keep away from you."
"Jared, no." Tony hated how weak his voice sounded, he was a big boy and he could take care of himself. This wasn't the first time he had gotten unwanted attention and as Jared leaned forward to kiss him, Tony shoved Jared away making a small space between them. "No, Jared."
"But I could make you happy." Jared said in a soft voice as he moved towards Tony again.
"We already tried this, it didn't work." Tony said planting a hand on Jared's chest to keep the distance between them.
"You can give me a second chance." Jared said looking at Tony's hand and then into his eyes, he pushed Tony's hand away as he made a move to kiss him again.
"Don't you get it? I doesn't want you." Tony said as he pushed Jared hard away.
Jared stumbled backwards and as he stood still, he looked up at Tony, his eyes blazing with anger . Before Tony could say or do anything more he rushed Tony with a speed a few men in his size could manage. He punched Tony hard in the stomach, making the agent lose his breath and before Tony could recover Jared punched him a few times more. Tony could feel his ribs taking the most of the hits but he knew that Jared could easily break them.
Jared had worked as a personal trainer and among other things he had been teaching boxing in the gym, when they had their short thing and he weighted almost twice as much than Tony.
Suddenly Jared stopped and Tony sank down onto the ground, trying get some air into his lungs. As he started to get his breathing under control, he could hear Jared's voice and the blond man kneeled in front of him, tears in his brown eyes.
"I'm so sorry, Tony. So sorry!" He said, his voice in aganoy, as he touched Tony's face. "I don't know what got into me, I'm so sorry. Please, Tony..."
"Get away from me, Jared." Tony croaked, God his ribs hurt but he didn't think any was broken. He pushed Jared's hand away. "Don't touch me."
Jared leaned back on his heels, tears threating to spill from his eyes but he held his hands to himself and stood up as Tony slowly got up to his feet, one arm cradling his ribs.
"Tony, you have to....."
"No, Jared." Tony leaned against his car, breathing shallowly and he held out his other hand as he said: "Just stay away....."
"But I didn't mean to hurt you. I never want to hurt you." Jared looked at Tony with pleading eyes. "I just want you to talk to me."
"Jared, just stay away from me. I can't talk to you now."
"Let me drive you home at least?" Jared begged.
"NO!" Tony almost shouted. "Jared, just leave me alone."
"Please don't talk to director Shepard, she would fire me for this. I really am sorry, Tony. You mean so much to me...."
Tony just looked at Jared, disbelief clear in his green eyes. Jared looked truly sorry and against his better knowing Tony nodded to him.
"I won't talk to her." Jared's face brightened as Tony talked. "But don't come near me...." Tony got into his car, started it and drove off.
I'll make you see, see that I'm the one for you. Jared thought to himself as he watched Tony drive away. He looked at his hands, the right one had red knuckles. Stupid, stupid. He thought to himself and he hit himself in the head. You need to control your temper and then he will be yours.
Chapter End Notes:
A story that has been in my head for a couple of nights and I had to write it.
Big Thanks to all the reviewrs! I'm really happy that you like my story.