- Text Size +
Tony stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around his waist and walked into his bedroom so he could get dressed for work. He stopped in front of the mirror and looked at himself, his image made him frown.
He had a big black bruise on the right side of his upper body where Jared had hit him last night, on his left arm were a hand shaped bruise from where the blond man had grabbed him in the shower. He shook his head, put his clothes on and drove off to work
Tony turned off the engine, he was in the parking garage and was just about to get out of his car but he really didn't want to leave his car. His hands gripped the steering wheel hard and he felt contempt for himself.
He really loved his job, his co workers and he couldn't let something like this destroy it. He sighed to himself, why was he acting like such a wimp? Jared wasn't that scary, really......
Tony took a deep breath, opened the car door, got out and walked into the office.


Gibbs walked into Abby's lab, smiling to himself at the loud music and he just stood there watching Abby as she bobbed her head up and down. He placed a big cup of her favorite drink as he mentioned towards the stereo. Abby smiled big and jumped out of her chair and walked over to the stereo and lowered the music.
Gibbs had sent his team home and he was on his way home also but he had to speak to Abby about what happened yesterday between her, Tony and Jared.
"So, what's up bossman?" Abby asked as she sipped on her drink.
"Do you know the Director's new secretary, Jared?" Abby's smile disappeared and she looked at Gibbs with dark eyes.
"Not really..." She said, sipping her drink but she stared intently at Gibbs.
"Do Tony know him?"Gibbs tried to sound as he was asking about the weather but he knew that he had failed as Abby's eyes widened.
"Why do you ask?" Abby wanted to tell Gibbs all she knew about Tony and Jared, she was really worried about Tony but she couldn't say anything without violating Tony's trust.
"Because..." Gibbs could see that Abby knew something and that she wanted to tell him about it but something held her back. "I don't know but he makes my skin crawl."
"Yeah, mine to." Abby said. "But you have to ask Tony about it."
Gibbs nodded not wanting to force Abby to say more than she really wanted and he turned the conversation into safer waters.




McGee and Ziva were of course already at their desks, when Tony walked into the bullpen but Gibbs was nowhere to be seen as always, probably scoring some coffee somewhere. Tony put on his game face as he traded jokes with McGee and Ziva but he froze in mid step as he looked at his desk.
On his desk stood a vase with about 10 red roses in it, Tony slowly made his way to his desk and sat down, looking at the flowers and he noticed a card. He took it, fingered on it before he opened it.

McGee looked up as Tony walked into the bullpen, he was very curious about the red roses that was on the other mans desk but a sinking feeling made it's way to his stomach when Tony froze when he saw them. He walked over to Tony's desk as the other man sat down and took out the card.
"They were already here when I came in this morning." McGee said as stood beside Tony. He became more worried as Tony looked up at him with a startled look.
"Oh, it's just from some admirer..." Tony said sounding very tired as he read the card.
"Everything ok, Tony?" McGee asked sounding really concerned.
"Thanks, Tim but everything is alright." Tony said offering him a small smile. "Thanks for asking."
McGee nodded, walked back to his desk and sat down when: Tony had called him by his first name! He never did that and the sinking feeling in his stomach grew worse.
Chapter End Notes:
It's just a short update but I'll try to keep going forward with the story.
Big Thanks to all the reviewers! I'm really happy that you like my story.