- Text Size +
Tony woke up to the smell of toast and coffee, he stood up, stretched his long body and ignored the little dizzy-spell that came over him. Then he sat down on the couch again and relaxed, he was still a bit sore but he had been through worse.
"How are you doing, cutie?" Abby asked as she walked into the living room with a cup of coffee and a plate with toast on. She set them down in front of Tony mentioned him to eat.
"Thanks Abs." Tony said with a smile. "I'm fine, how about you?"
"I'm not the one with the bruises…" Abby kept her eyes on him as he ate. "You will tell Gibbs today, right?"
Tony looked at his best friend, he could see that she was really worried about him and he was glad that she seemed to care so much about him. But to tell Gibbs…. That was another story.
"Tony, you need to tell him or go to the police." Abby wasn't giving up, after yesterday she was really worried about what Jared would do. Her eyes became wet as she pictured different scenarios in her head. "I'm sorry but if you don't do anything I'll…"
"Take it easy, Abs." Tony said standing up and hugged her. "If you are that worried I'll tell Gibbs."
"You promise?"
"Yes and when Gibbs is kicking my ass for it, you will be the one who take cares off me." Tony said with a smile.
"You can always count on me." Abby said as she stood on her toes and kissed Tony lightly on the cheek.
After eating his toast, Tony jumped into the shower and half an hour later they were on their way to work. It was still early but both Abby and Tony liked to come early to work, so when they pulled into the parking garage it was nearly empty.
"The bossman is already here." Abby said as she spotted Gibbs car and pointed at it. "So you can tell him before the others get here."
Tony just smiled at her as he parked the car next to Gibbs and they both got out. Abby started to walk towards the elevators as she took out her cell phone, she had gotten a text message. Tony bent down to lock the car and was just about to walk away from it when a hand was laid on hi shoulder and something was shoved into his back.
"Don't move." Was whispered into his ear as the thing was shoved harder into his back and he recognized the feeling, it was a gun.
"Tony, you better tell him….." Abby said but as she turned around she fell silent. She became pale when she saw Jared with a hand on Tony shoulder and from her friends awkward position she knew that he had a gun pointed at his back. Before she could think her finger pressed the number one on her cell phone, Gibbs number.
"Bitch! You spent the night together!" Jared's voice was high pitched, his face red and he had the same clothes on as he had yesterday. "You are trying to take Tony away from me."
"Jared…" Tony started to say, he was getting worried that Jared would harm Abby because of him, but he was cut off by Jared.
"Don't say anything, baby." Jared said as he moved the hand from Tony's shoulder and laid his arm around Tony's throat instead, then took the gun from behind him and aimed it at Abby.
Abby stood still, her hands in the air, one of her hands still holding the cell phone as she looked at two men.
"I'll teach her a lesson. She should know not to mess around with you. You are mine." Jared's voice was cold as ice as he unsaftied the gun. "Only mine…"
"Jared, you don't have to shoot her." Tony knew he couldn't do anything rash, Jared could hit Abby if he tried something. "Let her into the elevator and I'll go with you whatever you want to go."
"No, Tony!" Abby said. "You can't go with him."
"Abby, don't…" Tony started to say but was cut off by the sound of the elevator, the doors opened and Gibbs walked out, his gun already in his hands.

Gibbs had been sitting at his desk in the bullpen drinking his second cup of coffee when his cell phone started to ring, Abby, showed the caller id and he answered it. But his ear was met by static and the he heard a voice saying:
"Bitch! You spent the night together! You are trying to take Tony away from me."
And Gibbs was on his way out of the bullpen and into the elevator, his gun already in his hand. He kept on listening on the short way down to the parking garage and his stomach made fliflops when he heard Tony's voice and Jared's name. He rammed his fist against the elevator-wall, he had known that Jared was bad news.
When the doors opened he could to his surprise hear voices, so he put the cell into his pocket and he stepped out. The sight he saw made his stomach sink and he was near a panic attack, not showing but inside, Abby was standing just a few feet with her back at the elevators and next to Tony's car stood Tony and Jared. Jared had a big arm around Tony's throat and a gun trained on Abby.
"Let him go." Gibbs said as he positioned himself in front of Abby as he aimed his gun at Jared.
"This is none of your business, old man." Jared said as he aimed his gun at Gibbs instead.
"You are pointing a gun at my close friend and co-worker, and you are holding MY best agent by the throat. How is that not my business?" Gibbs held his gun steady.
"Tony is mine, he belongs to me. No one else." Jared looked at Gibbs, eyes blazing with fury and his voice was cold.
"Tony doesn't belong to anyone." Gibbs said, trying to reason with Jared. "Let him go and we will talk about this."
"NO!" Jared screamed and squeezed Tony closer to him, unconsciously closing of the air supply for the agent. Tony closed his eyes as he tried to stay calm. "He wants to be with me, he was just going to go with me."
"Only because you are aiming a gun to his best friends head."
"No, that is not true! He wants to be with me!"
"Have you asked him?" Gibbs kept his eyes on the two men as he waved discreetly at Abby so she would move towards the elevator. Abby moved slowly out of the way but she didn't want to leave. Jared looked between Gibbs and Abby, his aim wavering a little.
Gibbs noticed that Tony's eyes were still closed, his breathing was getting laboured and he was getting red in the face, it made Gibbs worried.
"Jared, you need to loosen your grip." Gibbs said as he took a step forward. "You are hurting Tony and you don't want that."
"Stay where you are." Jared aimed his gun at Gibbs but loosened his grip around Tony's throat.
Tony opened his eyes as he could breathe again and he looked at Gibbs, his green eyes locked with Gibbs blue.
"Are you alright, Tony?" Gibbs asked, concern colouring his voice.
"I'm OK." Tony said his voice a little raspy.
"Shut up! I don't like the way you talk to him." Jared said.
"I don't care about what you like or what you don't like." Gibbs said. "Let him go before I shoot you and I promise you that I won't lose any sleep over it. But if you put down the gun and let Tony go, maybe we can fix this."
Sweat was starting to form on Jared's forehead, Gibbs was a big threat to his and Tony's happiness and the man made him nervous.
"Jared, listen to Gibbs." Tony said. "If you do as he says, things will be alright."
"Are you taking his side?" Jared asked Tony, not believing his ears and he loosened his grip on Tony only to push him in front of him, his gun now aimed at Tony's chest. "If you have to choose between him and me, you would go with him?"
"Jared, I told you yesterday that I don't want you." Tony said his hands half raised, he looked over his shoulder and positioned himself so he was shielding Gibbs from Jared.
"You didn't mean that." Jared said heartbroken. "I know that you want to be with me."
"That's not true, Jared and you know it. We are not meant to be together…"
Jared looked into Tony's clear green eyes and he saw the truth in Tony's words. He had blown it but then a little voice in his head started to ramble: Well if I can't have him no one else should have him.
"One last chance, Tony. Him or me?" Jared said his gun still on Tony as he waited for the other mans answer. But he knew the answer as Tony glanced over his shoulder again at the older man behind him. Jared took a deep breath as he pulled the trigger.

Gibbs didn't know what to do, Tony was in the line of fire so he could shoot Jared without hurting the younger agent. When he heard Jared say:
"One last chance, Tony. Him or me?" he knew that he had to act before something happened. Gibbs caught Tony's glance and then like in slow-motion he saw the blond man pull the trigger and Gibbs threw himself towards Tony.

Abby watched helplessly as her two friends tumbled to the ground, she knew that some one had been hit. She rushed towards them, skidded on the pavement next to them as Gibbs raised himself up standing on his knees.
He didn't feel any pain, so he knew that Tony had been hit. The younger man was lying face down so he carefully rolled the younger man over on to his back.
"Tony." Both Gibbs and Abby said, but he was out cold and they feared the worst.
But as they looked over him trying to find the bullet wound, they saw that he had hit his head on the pavement and then found the bullet wound on his upper left arm, blood oozing from it.
"Call 911." Gibbs said to Abby as he put pressure on Tony's arm. Abby took out her cell phone and dialled.
"What's going on, Gibbs?" McGee asked, he thought it strange finding his boss on his knees in the parking garage. Then he saw Gibbs holding an arm, blood oozing between his fingers and then he saw that the arm belonged to Tony. "What happened?"
"Jared shot Tony." Abby said to him before turning back to the call.
"Damit." McGee said as he looked around, but saw no sign of Jared.
"I just saw Jared running down the street, looking scared half to death." Ziva said as she pointed down the street. Then she noticed the scene in front of her, Gibbs on his knees, holding Tony's bloody arm. "Did Jared shot Tony?"
"Abby, where are the ambulance?" Gibbs asked ignoring Ziva and McGee.
"It's on its way." Abby said trying to keep calm. She started to fill Ziva and McGee inn on what happened. A few minutes later the ambulance came into the parking garage, the paramedics loaded Tony quickly into the ambulance and Gibbs jumped into it.
"Ziva, McGee. I want you to find out everything there is about Jared. And I mean EVERYTHING." Gibbs voice was hard as rock. "The bastard will pay for this."
The paramedics closed the doors and the ambulance sped off, leaving the others behind.
"Come Abby." McGee said as he laid his arm around her shoulders. "I'll call talk and he will take you to the hospital. Me and Ziva will start on Jared, and then we will join you."
Abby nodded, cast a long last look after the ambulance and then followed McGee and Ziva.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. Thanks for all the reviews!