- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
See chapter 1.
Gibbs was sitting in the ambulance next to the stretcher that held Tony's still body, his blue eyes were watching the younger man intently for any sign of waking up.
He was amazed of how young the other agent looked, he just wanted to hold him close but he forced himself to sit still and keep calm.
And outwardly the older man looked very calm but inside a storm was raging. How could he let this happened? He had known that something was wrong about Jared, his gut had told him that and if he had listen he could had prevented this but he hadn't.
Gibbs could hear the paramedics, talking medical terms, he knew some of them but his thoughts were solid on Tony and willing the young man to wake up.
What would he do without Tony in his life? With that thought in his mind he grabbed the younger mans hand, leaned forward and whispered in Tony's ear:
"The order still stands, DiNozzo."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Abby was sat down in the bullpen, she was shaking and she was waiting for Ducky to drive her to the hospital. She couldn't believe that Jared had shot Tony but she could still see, like in slow-motion, how Tony and Gibbs fell to the ground as a shot rang out. Her eyes watered and she started to cry.
"It's my fault." She mumbled in a low voice.
"What did you say, Abby?" McGee asked her as he kneeled beside the crying lab tech.
She looked up and into McGee's eyes, before pulling him into a close hug, sobbing as she said: "It's my fault, I should had made Tony go to Gibbs sooner."
"What are you talking about, Abby?" Ziva asked as she came to stand beside them.
Abby looked at Ziva, tears falling down her cheeks and then she looked at McGee again.
"Tony and Jared has a history…" Abby started to say, unsure how much to tell them.
"It's alright, Abby." Ziva said smiling a small smile. "I know that Tony goes both ways, he is too good-looking to not have tried it. It's alright."
Abby looked at her with big eyes and then over to McGee, who looked very stunned after Ziva's statement then he noticed both women looking at him.
"I'm also okay with it." He stumbled out, feeling that a piece of the puzzle Tony fell into place. Abby smiled a little and then took a deep breath before she started to talk:
"Tony and Jared dated six months ago, nothing serious, Jared isn't really Tony's type but they went out for a couple of dates. Then Jared started to get jealous at the attention Tony get's when he goes out, he starting to act possessive, threathing anyone that talked to Tony so Tony broke up with him. We thought that would be enough, but then Jared started to stalk him, calling any hour and crying, begging that Tony would take him back." Abby took a deep breath, looked up and saw that Ducky had joined them. The old M.E. took her hand and nodded for her to go on. "It became so bad that Tony decided to meet Jared to talk things out. I don't know what really happened, Tony never told me but I know that they had a fight. I saw his bruises but he never saw Jared again."
"Until now." Ducky said. "Why didn't anyone of you tell Gibbs?"
"Tony felt embarrassed, he didn't want to bother Gibbs." Abby sipped on a cup of water Ziva had given her. "But I should had force him after what happened three days ago."
"Didn't Tony slip in the shower three days ago?" McGee asked confused, his eyebrows knitted together.
"Not really, I think that Jared pushed him or something. He didn't want to tell what happened, but when I joked about someone trying to force himself on him, Tony went all pale and brushed it off. It gave me the creeps."
"That bastard!" Ziva exclaimed, she sounded really angry then she calmed down and asked. "Why didn't Tony tell us?"
"He didn't want to bother anyone, but I should have forced him to tell Gibbs." Abby started to cry.
"So, Abagail." Ducky said as he patted her on her back. "This isn't your fault, the only one who deserves blame is Jared. Come on now, let's go to the hospital and check on our friend."
Abby nodded and got up, McGee and Ziva stayed behind to find out more about Jared. But they were going to meet up with them at the hospital as soon as they could.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews. I haven't given up, am trying to finish this fic. But bare with me..