- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
See chapter 1
Chapter 8

Gibbs was sitting next to a hospital bed, the chair he was in stood close to the bed and he was watching the young man that lay in it, intently.
The Doctor had talked to him that Tony's injuries weren't critical, the shot-wound had been stitched and the young agent hadn't lost so much blood. The head injury weren't serious either.
When the Doctor started to speak about bruises on Tony's upper body and arm, Gibbs became surprised and worried. He tried to stay calm as the Doctor told that there were no broken ribs and the arm was just bruised.
Gibbs thanked him and then went to sit beside Tony's bed waiting for him to wake up, while his thoughts raced thru his head and he leaned forward to check on the bruise on Tony's arm.
When he saw it, a hand shaped bruise, he almost banged the wall so angry was he because he was certain that it was Jared that had done it to the young man.
Why didn't you tell me about it? Gibbs asked in his mind as he looked at Tony. I could have done something. His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door, he was glad to see Abby and Ducky stepping thru the door.
"Is he alright?" Abby asked as she walked up to the bed and kissed Tony on his forehead, then she turned to Gibbs.
"He will be fine, the bullet when clean thru, he didn't lost so much blood and he was just knocked unconscious, nothing serious. But he may be a little sore." Gibbs looked at her with clear blue eyes. "Due to the big bruises on his ribs and arm."
"I'm sorry, Gibbs." Abby said looking at him with tears in her eyes. "I found out about them yesterday and I made him promise me to tell you today."
"It's alright, Abs." Gibbs said as he pulled her into a hug. "It wasn't your fault. Can you tell me what happened to Tony?"
"I don't really know what happened, he didn't want to tell me. He felt embarrassed about it."
"About what, Abby?"
"About Jared."
"I'm a little confused." Gibbs said looking at her and then at Tony. "Did they know each other?"
"I'm sorry, Tony." Abby whispered as she took a deep breath and held Tony's hand in hers. "Tony and Jared dated a few times, six moths ago. Jared isn't really Tony's type but he agreed to date Jared. After a couple of dates, Jared started to become really possessive and jealous. You know Tony, almost everyone wants to be his friend and he almost never says no. So Jared started to threaten people around Tony so Tony got fed up and ended it." Abby took a pause; she kept her eyes on her friend as she caressed his hand wither thumb. "That's it, we thought but Jared started to call Tony, day and night. Crying and begging that Tony would take him back."
When Gibbs thought back, he rembered that Tony seemed tired and his cell phone was ringing a lot around six months ago. So he nodded and watched the young man while Abby continued talking.
"Tony decided to meet Jared and explain that they didn't have a chance. I don't what happened, he never wanted to tell me the whole thing but I saw the bruises on Tony's back and chest. Then Jared stopped calling so I didn't think about it again until three days ago."
"When Tony slipped in the shower?" Gibbs asked looking at Abby. "We walked in on you two having a conversation, then you spoke Italian to him?"
"Yes and I'm certain that he didn't slip." Abby said looking into Gibbs blue eyes. "I think that Jared tried to jump him or something but it's better if you ask Tony."
"I guess you are right, Abs." Gibbs said holding her. "Then I'll kill that bastard."

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Tony was waking up slowly, he could feel that he was lying in a bed and he couldn't hear anything so he opened his eyes slowly.
He was in white room, a hospital room, and when he thought back he remembered what had happened. Jared had shot him but what happened to Gibbs and Abby? That thought made him panic and he moved, then he noticed two heavy things on each side of his bed and he smiled.
To his left Abby was half-lying and half sitting holding his hand, as she was asleep. To his left Gibbs was in a same position.
Tony lay back with a smile on his face, and then he looked again to his left. Gibbs was holding his hand! He felt the warmth from the other mans hand and he felt a rush of happiness.
He closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the feel before he opened them again. He wanted to stay like this but he needed to go to the bathroom.
Slowly he pulled his hand from Abby's grasp, the lab-tech kept on sleeping, then he turned to his left and slowly tried to pull away. Gibbs woke up immediately, he met Tony's clear green eyes and he smiled.
"Hi." Tony said in a low voice.
"Hi." Gibbs said back. "You feeling alright?"
"Yeah but I need to go to the bathroom." Tony said with a small embarrassed smile.
Gibbs sat up, then stood up and offered his hand to Tony. The younger man looked at the hand, took a hold on it and slowly sat up. His ribs were a little sore and he became a little dizzy as he stood up but it disappeared almost immediately.
"You okay?" Gibbs asked as he placed a hand on Tony's back.
"I'm fine, boss." Tony said, the feel of Gibbs hand on his back made him warm but at the same time he felt embarrassed.
The older NCIS-agent nodded and waited outside the bathroom door just in case if Tony needed some help.
Tony did his business, washed his hands and opened the door, then stepped out and he saw Gibbs standing just outside.
"Tony!" Abby yelled out loud an in a second she was in front of him and hugging him hard.
"Abs…" Tony said painfully. "Not so hard."
"Oh, I'm sorry!" Abby said as she loosened her hug. "You made me so worried."
"I didn't mean to, Abs." Tony said with a smile.
"I know cutie pie but if you do it again, you will regret it." Abby said hutting a finger at him.
"Let's get him back to bed, Abby." Gibbs said and they both helped Tony back into bed and laid the covers over him.
"What happened to Jared?" Tony asked.
"We don't know, yet." Gibbs said. "Ziva and McGee are looking for him now."
"Okay." Tony said avoiding Gibbs eyes.
"Tony, could you please tell us what happened this last days between you and Jared." Gibbs said looking at Tony, pleadingly.
Tony looked up at Gibbs when he said please, the older man never said please and when he looked into the blue eyes he fell into them and started to talk.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the long wait and sorry for a short chapter.
Thank you all for the reviews, they really make my day!
So tell me what you think!