- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I began writing slash fic a year ago and finally decided to submit my first one. I wrote in english but I'm french so please be indulgent with the mistakes I've certainly made. I 'm open to all suggestions and advices .
Author's Chapter Notes:
a person from Gibbs' past come back to haunt him. Would Tony be able to help him?
Chapter one
Monday morning


Damm mondays. Sometimes he just wished the week end would never end. For once, he had spent two days without being called by his office, two whole days without a threat from a terrorrist, a Marines falling down a cliff or whatever made him and his team go on working and worrying for days. And he was there, five a.m. with his first coffee in his hands.

He couldn't help grinning at the thought of Tony's remark on his addiction to caffeine. They were heading to the headquarters after a very tough day and Tony had handed him a steaming cup of his favourite brew.
"I thought you would need something strong after this case."
"What about you? "
Had been the only reply that had come to his tired mind. After that Tony had just turned to the elevator saying
"I need something stronger than a coffee" and with a smile he had added "Samantha."

So was the man, the best agent he had ever worked with, the one he needed on each investigation. Anthony Michael Dinozzo was, most of the time a real pain in the ass but he was also able to see beyond evidences.
He couldn't help wondering why a man as smart as him spent his time fooling around like that. They'd worked together for two years and the younger man had dated almost every single woman working in the building.
Hell! he had even once dated a woman who wasn't a woman. Kate had laughed at him and joked about it for days.
And today, he had to go back to the office and face him once again acting like the boss he was. But the only thing he wanted to be for him was far beyond what they'd shared until now. He wanted to be his friend his partner... his lover. He wanted to share his life with him and not only at work.

Hell, it was the story of his life : he had met a lot of good guys, he had even fallen in love once but tony was different. He couldn't hope for more than stare, dream and ache in silence, especially as Tony was his subordinate, his very male subordinate.

It had been years since the last time he had felt that little thing right here in his stomach for another guy but Tony had this special thing that had made his heart melt. He had felt it as soon as he had seen him enter the room the day they first met. He had been impressed by the man self control.
As he was trying to destabilize him by personnal questions, Tony had answered every one with the sense of humor which caracterised the Special Agent he had became.

But he couldn't afford being in love with a collegue especially when this collegue was a man and working under his direct orders. He had even made it his rule number one over the years. But each time he thought about the man he couldn't help smiling.
He was unable to tell when these feelings had begun to grow from friendship and respect to love but he had surprised himself looking over the screen of his computer to stare at the young man more than once in a day. He never missed an occasion to touch him even if it was to slap him at the back of his head.
Little by little it had drifted from little brushes each time he walked near him to more obvious touches. Each time he was near the man he couldn't help looking at him, he had recorded each habit : the way he moved, the way he chewed his pencil when he was writing his reports. It was more and more difficult to hide what he felt for the man.
Sometimes he thought that Tony was aware of his bevahiour and playing with him. The man was the most sensible cop he had ever met but he sometimes acted like he was a child. He wore his heart on his sleeves and was unable not to flirt with anyone he cared about. It could have been enjoyable if Gibbs hadn't been so tempted to catch the man's lips only to show him what his flirting game did to him.

He was almost afraid of his need to be close to him, to touch him. If Tony had known about his feelings he would certainly have run fast and far away from him and he couldn't afford loosing him. He prefered having him as a partner in job even if it meant seeing him date every single woman he met.

He had been lost in his thoughts for almost an hour and when he looked up at the clock he realised that it was time to go to work. He had paperwork to finish. Beides it was not a good idea to think about what it would like to be considered more than a boss by his best field agent.
He would never have Tony, not the way he wished. So the only way to keep what he had was to go on hiding his feelings. It was the only choice. He had been obliged to hide while he was in the Corps and it had been much more difficult and far more dangerous. He would certainly be able to go on withou outing himself in front of his team mates.

He was going to grab his jacket when his cell rang. He immediatly recognized Tony's cell number and couldn' t help a slight shiver running down his spine. Tony never called him home so early instead he had something pretty urgent to tell him and most of the time it was not good news.

-Damm,... Gibbs.
-Hi, boss.
-Dinozzo. What's up? It's only six a.m.
-Well, I thought you were already up. Did I wake you up?

Gibbs could hear Tony's voice tense. The man was never totally himself with him. It was not fear but it was like Tony was searching for his approbation, trying not to piss him off. And most of the time Gibbs found it hard to be considered like a father figure by the man he was in love with. He softened his voice, no need to make Tony feel threatened so early.

-No, Tony I was going to the office.
-So, I...

The insecurity in the young man's voice was almost palpable and Gibbs didn't know how to deal with this aspect of his agent. Each time he had felt Tony tensed he had replied harshly. Today was not different. He would have liked him to feel at ease and closer to him but it seemed to be impossible.

-Dinozzo, I'm not in the mood for a charade so speak or I will see you at work!
Tony was the only one who could piss him off in two words. He must admit that the man was gifted.

-Dinozzo, See you at the office at seven.
He was about to hang up when he heard Tony's voice.
-Boss, wait!
-What?
-I called because my car just broke down, so I wondered if could pick me up today on your way. If it bothers you I'll manage. I just thought ... I mean... Nevermind. Forget it!
-Be ready in ten minutes and wait me outside.
-Thanks, boss.

Tony sounded relieved and Gibbs could feel that well-known sensation which made his heart beat faster each time he was about to be alone with Tony outside of the office.
God, he must calm down before driving to Tony's appartment. He couldn't afford Tony to guess how he felt about him. Besides there was nothing more to see it Tony's call than a friend calling for a lift to work.
He was glad that Tony had called him instead of Kate or Mc Gee. No... glad was not the word...he was happy, very happy. He hated feeling like a teenager on his first date but that was the kind of feelings that Tony was able to create and he had been the only one able do that for a long time.
As far as he could remember Gibbs couldn't find someone who had made him feel so needy and aching for contacts except... But it was not the right time to think about what had happened years ago.

Tony didn't live far from his house so it took him less than the ten minutes he had given him. But when he turned down the street he saw that Tony was already waiting for him.
God the man was gorgeous wearing a tight jean and a blue sweat shirt. He shouldn't think of Tony like that, it was not sane to fantazise about someone who would never feel the same. Tony was his team mate, his male team mate and he could tell that the man loved women a lot. As soon as he stopped the car Tony opened the door.

-Hi, boss. Thanks for the lift. I could have walked to the office but I sprained my right knee saturday so I didn't feel like walking two miles.
That's exactly what Gibbs had feared, Tony was hurt. Even if it didn't seem to be too painful he didn't like the idea of an injured Tony.
Images came back to him. He had seen him dying in an hospital bed only weeks ago and the memory always made him feel sick. He tried to erase these images that had haunted his nightmares for days.

-What have you done? You know that clubbing all night long is not of your age anymore!
-Even if it could have been that but I only helped a friend of mine. He needed someone to help him carrying some stuff in his new house. So, I helped...
-And sprained your knee in the meantime! Did you see a doctor?
-Yeah mum, he gave me some happy pills to ease the pain and recommended rest and ice.
-So that's why you decided to walk to work an hour earlier. How do you manage to never follow any advice?
-I called you, didn't I? Besides, it's laughable that YOU reproach ME not to follow advices... You the man who only trust his guts...
-We are not talking about me, here. I'm not the one who only called for help after trying to start his car and realised that he had no other choice. How wld you have been able to drive with a sprained knee? Tony, you should take better care of yourself.
-I didn't want to bother you. I always managed alone. Besides you had a rough week and needed to rest.
-So did you!
-Well, I had plenty of time to rest yesterday on my coach, an ice pack on my knee.

Gibbs turned to the younger man sat in the passenger seat, a compassionate look on his face. He knew how Tony dsiliked to be stuck because of an illness or injuries. And it had happened too much lately...

-Boring?
-Yeah, even a good movie couldn't have enlightened my mood...so I thought I could finish my paperwork this morning. Besides, I love being there early, it feels more ...
-Peaceful?
-Yes, that's the right word. You've taken lessons in mind reading this morning?

Tony gave him a smile that Gobbs had labelled as the "Tony's special". This kind of openess wazs not usual for the younger agent and Gibbs couldn't help feeling happy that he could still make him smile et him.

- What have you done with your two days off?
Gibbs was about to answer when he saw Tony raised his finger to stop him.
-No, let me guess!... You worked on your boat?
-Am I so predictable?
-No, I know that you love sanding and I thought that you would never have missed the occasion of working on your boat even if I can't really see what you find in it.

The older man smiled softly. They had already that kind of discussion before and he knew that Tony was teasing, trying to make him explain what sanding was. It had been a sort of game between him and Kate. They both tried to make him talk and his boat was their favourite subject lately...

-I will show you one day.
As soon as he said the words out loud he imagined Tony in his basement working on his boat. He sighed heavily erasing the images that had formed in his mind.
Tony was looking at him in a curious way and Gibbs was almost afraid he had read his mind. Tony could be very perceptive when it came to interpret the feelings of suspects. His next reply made him think that Tony was in playful mode today.

-You want to teach me how to rub some wood?... I sure would like it!
-Sanding is not rubbing, Tony.
Gibbs sharp tone made the younger agent wince and Tony realised that Gibbs didn't want to joke. Hell! his boss was the serious kind of bossand when he was in those kind of mood it was safer to play soft.
In two years he had never see him really laugh, there was always something preventing him from letting go. He was always in control and even if it was part of the job it seemed that for Gibbs it had become a part of himself over the years. A change of subjet seemed to be the best escape for now.

-So, what is planned for today?
-Paperwork, conference with Guantanamo at ten and more paperwork...
-No new case, travel on a submarine... What a pity! And I thought that my week end was boring!
-You should be careful what you wish for, Tony!
-Why? You want to make my dreams come true, boss? I could give you a list even if I can't imagine you as a Santa Claus!

Tony amost bite his tongue. For someone who wanted to play soft, now he was teasing his boss. Like Gibbs had said earlier, he must learn how to take care of himself.
He could see the tension on Gibbs' face and knew that he had crossed the line.
Gibbs could sense that Tony had tensed beside him and he realised it was a response to his own stifness.They couldn't have this conversation. Especially in such a small place where he couldn't hide or flee.
Gibbs rose his eyes and tried to take his est bastard look, the one which meant "Don't play with me". And he did what he did every time he felt threatened, he pretended to be mad at him.

-Don't cross the line, Dinozzo.
End of the conversation. Tony knew better than to add something even if sometimes he wished he could yell at his boss only to try to understand why he was pissed off. He had learnt how to deal with his boss' changing mood. Gibbs seemed to be mad at him no matter what he did or didn't do...

The remaining of the travel was made in silence allowing the two men to think.
Tony didn't know why he had this effect on him. He had tried to be gentle, to be patient, he had even tried to ignore him. Nothing had changed. It seemed that he was able to upset him whatever he did.

Gibbs seemed to have forgotten the exchange as they arrived at NCIS' offices. They both had a lot of work to do before everyone arrived so they headed for their desks without much more talk. Heel, if Gibbs was angry, it would be a very long day and perhaps an even longer week...

Kate arrived an hour later with a huge smile on her face. She seemed to have had a great time this week end.
-Hello,guys!
-Hi, Kate. You look very "contempted" today.
Tony emphasized on the last words a huge smile plastered on his face.
-You finally get laid this week end?

Kate gave him his better secret agent glare. He had won, she was angry too. But with Kate he had done it on purpose. He knew well which buttons to push.
-You are so romantic, Tony. It had always amazed me that a normal woman should find this attractive... Sorry I forgot that you only date Bimbos or transsexuals...
-Oh, good shot... but you really don't know me, Kate! Don't talk without knowing... unless you want to try...!
-No comments! Gibbs, how was your week end?

As she talked, she turned her head to Gibbs' desk only to see anger flashing through his eyes. He was looking angrily at Tony from his desk.
She had already witnessed such anger in Gibbs' eyes and it matched with moments when Tony was joking about some hot date he had had or some girls he had seduced. She was beginning to wonder why Gibbs was so disturbed by Tony's constant babbling about his sex life.
After all it was part of the role he was playing and Kate suspecting that half of what he talked about was fake. She couldn't find a reason for Gibbs' anger. Tony's way of life or personnality had never avoided him to do the job. And even if she would never admit it out loud Tony was the best she had workd with.

-Did I miss something important? Tony? It's only seven on a monday morning and you've already pissed him off? It must be a record even for you!
-I swear I didn't do anything! Tell her, boss!
They both turned to look at their boss but the man had already left, missing the end of their exchange.
-Waow! This time you really screwed up, Tony. What happened?
-I don't know! I swear! I called him an hour ago because my car broke down, once more. He came to catch me up but he didn't look angry at that time. Well, maybe...

Tony looked almost sad by the thought of having once more made his boss mad. Kate felt sorry for him and tried to lessen his pain.
-I don't think it's something you've done. He seems a little edgy lately. He has perhaps some troubles with one of his ex-wives. You know the one who hit him.
-I doubt it. I seem to annoy him lately whatever I do or do not. I don't see what I could do.
-Or maybe... he needs to get laid!
She sat at her desk with a bright smile on her face letting Tony think about what she just said.

Gibbs needed a break, fresh air and a cigaret. He had stopped smoking years ago because of his second wife who couldn't bear him smelling of cold tobacco. He had thought about smoking again after his divorce but it was the only positive thing he had won in this union. So here he was, in the back garden of NCIS' building, pacing and thinking.

It was more and more difficult for him to stay indifferent in front of Tony, especially when he played those kind of games. The man he was in love with would never love him back and he was unable to face the truth. He was in his late forty and it still was hard to feel rejected.
He was not sure to be strong enough to stay here and be the helpless witness of Tony's tumultuous love life.

-Hi, Jethro! What are you doing here on your own?
He hadn't heard Ducky coming behind him and as he turned to face him he could see the concern on his ME's face. Off course his friend had seen that something was wrong with him Ducky was the only who could decipher him so easily.
They had met years ago after his first divorce which, he must admit, had been the tougher one for many reasons.
Ducky had quickly became the only one he could confine in. But he hadn't been able to tell him about his feelings toward Tony. The older man would have understood and would probably have provided him some good advices and one or two stories of his own but he couldn't face it himself so how could he be able to talk about it.

-Hi, Ducky! I just needed fresh air!
-It's only 0730 on a monday morning and our young Anthony has already done something wrong?
Ducky had always talked about Tony in an affectionate way. Gibbs smiled at the thought that for them the team was what could be considered as a family... but a weird and dysfonctional one...
-Yes!... No!... Well, he had only been himself. Same old, same old!
-If you say so! But why are you here instead of being upstairs yelling at him?
Good point... You can count on the ME to point out the essential... especially when you didn't wa nt to face the reason why you had fled from your team mates.
-I don't know. I wasn't in the mood for an argument this early.
-You look like someone who could use a little talk with an old friend. Come to my lab, I will make some coffee.
-No, thanks. I will only stay here a little while. Trying to...
-Trying to do what, Jethro?...Stop fantasizing about your best agent. Or find a way not to show him how much you care?

Gibbs was stunned by Ducky's simple statement as if it was an evidence for every one that he was in love with Tony.
-How do you...?
Ducky smiled at Gibbs' reaction. His friend hadn't even tried to deny it.
-Don't worry, it's not that obvious but I've known you for years. Besides, I was there when doctors told you that he would be fine after the Y-Pestis and I saw more than a boss' relief in your eyes. I realised then that Tony meant far more for you than the way you treated him. So you don't deny that you have feelings for him that are far from an usual friendship between collegues! That's a first step. Now come!

Gibbs was too amazed to argue and he followed his ME to his repair. He had always felt at ease with Ducky even at the beginning. He had learnt to trust him and to listen carefully to his advices. Ducky had his own way to deal with life in general.
Maybe his job was the reason why he was so clever when feelings were involved. It was a specialty that escaped Gibbs. He was unable to show or talk about his feelings. It was way too private to share.
He had learnt the hard way that showing your feelings was a failure you couldn't afford if you wanted to survive in a hostile environment.

-Here we are!
He was brought out his dream by Ducky's voice and the smell of fresh coffee.
-A black coffee, strong as you like, no sugar. I don't know how you can drink this all day long!
-Years ago, I had to stay awake to be safe so I used to drink a lot of coffee. Old habits die hard!
He realised what he had said when he saw the puzzled look on Ducky's face. He had shared a lot with the older man but there were still some memories he had hiden even to him.

Why was he thinking of this period of his life was a mystery but some memories came back to him and he must swallowed hard before answering Ducky's following question.
-What? When you were in the Corps?
-No, no. It was long before that!

Ducky was amazed of his friend's confession. Gibbs never willingly talked about his past. The only things he knew about him that didn't come from confessions made under pretty tough circumstances were informations he had heard from one of his ex-wives and even them didn't know him thoroughly. He knew better than to push him and waited for him to go on.

-It's a long story! A really sad one.
-A story I'm sure a friend could hear!
-One day maybe but not today.
-You know that I am here for you. Whenever you need!
-Sure, Ducky. And you know you would be the one I would look for if I need someone to talk to.
-I am glad to hear it, Jethro.
Ducky saw in Gibbs'eyes a sadnss that he couldn't interpret but he knew that his friend wasn't ready to talk about what had happened years ago.

- So, what about you and Anthony?
-There's nothing to tell, really. I'm just stupid. I promised myself it would never happen again but he surprised me. I didn't mean to fall in love with him.
-So you fell for Anthony! That's great!
-I don't see what is so great! Every time I fall in love it's a catastroph. Three ex-wives could testify.
-That's not the same! So you do not intend to tell him?
-Are you nuts? I can't and I won't tell him, ever!
-Why? Do you really like to suffer in silence?
-I won't tell him, Ducky. But if you want an explanation. First, he doesn't feel the same for me and I don't like to make a fool of myself. Plus, I won't screw up a good team for something that will never be more than friendship.
-How do you know he doesn't feel the same? He is always searching for your attention...
-Maybe but he sees me like the father he never really had. He wants me to be proud of him not to love him.
-How can you be so sure of that without asking him?
-You need prooves? Well, what about Samantha, Anita, Melany... Am I obliged to go on?
-Sure you have a point but it doesn't mean anything and you know it. You are the perfect example, Gibbs. Three ex-wives and yet, you are in love with your team mate. Jethro...

-It's not the same. I had to hide who I really was. I've always been attracted to men. Don't misunderstand me, I've loved my wives, in my own way even if it wasn't enough for them... but...
-You are not in the army anymore! You don't have to hide from him.
-You don't understand I can't...
-Why?

Gibbs sighed unable to answer his friend's question. He didn't want to think of the reasons why he couldn't open his heart to anyone and Tony was no exception on that matter.

-I see that there is something more behind your words. What is stopping you from being happy, Jethro? I'm sure that even if Tony doesn't feel the same for you, he would never let it break the team.
-I know he would prefer to go far away than damaging the team. That's what I want to avoid. I am not the only one concerned by that. And for now I think it doesn't worth the risk.
-I think you are lying to yourself. The reason why you don't want to face Tony is not the well-being of the team. You are afraid my friend, afraid of losing hope. As you don't know what he feels you can always hope... I respect your wish not to tell him but it's surely not a solution to wait and see.
-I'm well aware of it ducky. Believe me it's painfully clear to me.
-You know I am here if you need anything. I won't judge you. You know that, don't you?
-Thanks Ducky. I think it's high time I go upstairs!

Gibbs had to end this conversation because he couldn' t face the truth that Ducky was showing him. It was obvious that he was afraid and even if he didn't know why, Ducky had pushed where it hurt the most.
-Yeah, work can't wait? See you at dinner?
-Sure, Ducky!

He didn't really want to face his team mates but he had a job to do and the last thing he wanted was to let his feelings interfere with it.
Tony and Kate hadn't moved from their desks. He was happy to see them at work. They never let anything disturb them when they had a mission to perform.
-Are you okay, boss?

Gibbs jerked at Tony's words and tried to look professional even if what he thought at the moment was far from the job.
-What make you think I should not be fine, Tony?
-I don't know. You seemed pretty angry when you left so...
Gibbs couldn't afford this kind of conversation with him so replied sharply.
-Everything is fine.
-If you say so... While you were "not" pissed outside, there was a call for you. It seemed to be important. A man called Brian Anderson phoned and asked for you to call him back asap. Here is his number.
-I already have it, thanks Tony.

He walked to his desk ignoring Tony's questionning look. Gibbs sighed, somehow it was said that it would be a bad day. His younger brother never called to tell him good news. He was tempted to forget his brother's call but bad news always caught you back sooner or later, so better face the music now.
He automatically took his office's phone and dialed the well-known number.
-Brian Anderson.
-Hi, Bri. It's Jethro. I just had your message. What's up?
-Hi, bro.Well, I'm not sure, it's probably nothing. I was...
Gibbs could hear the fear in his brother's voice.
A sound he knew too well and he couldn't ignore it. He had had many occasions to see him scared to recognize when it was serious.If his brother felt threatened, he must know why and by whom.
-Tell me what happened and let me decide if it worth worrying about.
-I received a call last night. I wasn't quite awake but I could have sweared it was him.
Gibbs felt his blood froze in his veins at the thought that it might be him and he couldn't help his voice to shiver.
-What? He is in jail. How could he... ?
Gibbs wasn't aware that he was now yelling in the middle of his office. He could feel the gaze of every single person in the room. They were used to hearing him yell but it was different and the one who really knew him were able to hear the fear behind the loud words.

-Jethro, calm down. I was probably dreaming...
-What did he say? Try to remember exactly what you heard.
The investigator in him came back in a flash. He had to protect his brother and he could only do that if he kept control. But the words of his brother were still ringing in his already agited mind.

-He called me "Sunshine". You know he always did that when...
-Yeah, I remember. What else?
-He laughed, he just laughed. When noone spoke, I hung down the phone. But it's as if I was back years ago. Jet, do you think it was him?
-I don't know, Bri...

Gibbs stayed silent for some times searching for the appropriate thing to do. He must stay calm but it was hard to think straight when your worst fear was coming back to haunt you.
First he had to be sure it was really him and then they would decide what to do with that. To be able to investigate he had to know that his brother was safe.

-I will do some research from here. I'll call you back if I get something. Do you have somewhere safe to stay?
-I'm home. I didn't feel like going to work this morning.
-You still have my keys. Take some clothes, go to my house and close the door. I'll come home as soon as I can tonight.
-There's no need, Jethro. It was probably my imagination...
-Bri, do that for me, please.

Brian wasn't used to hearing his brother plea for anything and he realised how seriously Jethro took the threat. His brother had always been there to protect him no matter what he had costed to him.
Brian couldn't help feeling frightened at the thought that Jethro could once more put his own life on line to protect him. But the only thing he could do for now was to reassure him and do as he was told.

-Ok, I will stay at your house for some time.
-Thanks. I'll call you there. Be careful.
-Sure , bro. Bye.
-Bye.
Gibbs wasn't sure what to do next. It was as if he was back in his worst nightmare , his father had always been his personnal failure. And he was back in his life, he could feel the fear running through his veins.

-Boss, is there something wrong?
Off course it was Tony. He had heard everything... everyone had heard but Tony was the only who dared to ask. It was so easy for him. He just cared for people and couldn't let someone in need without help... even if this someone was his bastard boss who minutes ago had yelled at him for no real reason.

Gibbs had to answer but he was unable to find his words. Or even to think straight. It was as if he was eight once more, back in this dark room and he was afraid, more afraid than he had been for years. He didn't hear Tony stand up and walk to him. He was oblivious to the world around him.
He had promised himself never to feel that again but he was helpless in front of the feelings that were overwhelming him.

-Boss?
Tony was at Gibbs' side. He had heard a part of his conversation and even if he couldn't tell about what and to whom he had talked, it had obvioulsly shaken him, shaken him enough to be unresponsive. Tony didn't know what to do. Gibbs didn't didn't seem to hear him as if he was far from the office, lost in a dark place.

Looking at his face, Tony could see the tension drawing fine lines at the corner of his eyes. But what frightened him the most was the fear he could see in his eyes.
He had never witnessed him being afraid of anything before. He would have thought that nothing could scare Gibbs.
Tony turned to look at Kate but she seemed to be as lost as himself. It was as if the time had stopped in the office, everyone waited for him to do something, to say something. Tony surprised himself hoping for Gibbs to yell at him. Everything would be better than this pale face and tensed jaw.

-Boss, what happened? Just say something. You are beginning to scare me.
Gibbs couldn't move, the office was spinning around, everything was blurry. He was aware of someone talking to him but he could see who or what this person was talking about.
He was cold and everything had become confused. A second later everything went dark. He was aware he was falling but couldn't help it.

Tony was still beside him when Gibbs began to fall but he was too surprised to react. The only thing he could do was to kneel near him telling Kate to go and search Ducky. Gibbs had blood all over his face from a gash on his forehead. He had managed to hit his desk while falling and was uncouncious.

-Boss, look at me, open your eyes! What have you done?
Tony couldn't hide his worryness. He had never felt so helpless. His boss was lying in his arms uncouncious and he hadn't the slightest idea why he had passed out.
His hands were covered with Gibbs blood and he couldn't help a silent prayer even if he hadn't pray for years. He couldn't afford loosing this man.

Over the years Gibbs had become the only person who had stayed by his side no matter what... even his parents hadn't given so much attention and he owed that man more that he could tell.
He couldn't begin to imagine what could have made him faint in the middle of the office after a simple phone call.
He knew that Gibbs had some ghosts well hiden from everyone but it was the first time that he saw him visibly affected by something that was not job-related.

Ducky arrived two minutes later. He had put Gibbs in a safe position on the floor but the older man was still uncounscious. Tony didn't know if it was because of the injury or because of teh prvious phone call.
He help the older bringing his boss to the morgue still wondering if he would ever have answers to his questions. Gibbs had always been the best to keep his private life secret and he knew that this timle he would have to investigate or interrogate him himself to find the truth and beable to help him.
Chapter End Notes:
I began writing slash fic a year ago and finally decided to submit my first one. I wrote in english but I'm french so please be indulgent with the mistakes I've certainly made. I 'm open to all suggestions and advices .