- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Thanks to Eva for the help with the mails, owe you one! Feedback always appreciated! JOIN NCIS ROLEPLAY!!! http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/ garanty: case focused roleplay
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is haunted by memories and more
Previous on NCIS

Tony missed his date with Gibbs for a good reason. He was kidnapped and sat in a glass cube slowly filling with water. Twelve of the twenty-four hours are over and Gibbs only has a small lead.




Chapter 13

Gibbs buried his face. He was oblivious to the world outside his head. Tony was in the hands of Jenny Sheppard, couldn't get much worse. She knew a lot about investigation, hell he had trained her himself.

The only thing what was good was that they knew who had Tony, but to find Tony was a different story. Tony could be on a different planet and the chances to find him would be the same...


„Gibbs?.....Gibbs, please, look up."

He opened his eyes and took his hands down. Everybody except Abby and Ducky were gone.

„We will find him, Jethro. I know it. You have a strong bond, you two, you always found him."

„Yeah, I always found him. But the question is *will* I find him."

„Gibbs..."

„No, don't! Just forget what I said. Forget that it's Tony."

He took a deep breath. Knowing that it was Tony kept him from thinking clear. He needed to see the surface, the obvious.



„Ok, Tony is a trained Federal Agent, it surely wasn't easy to get him."

McGee said. But Ziva shook her head.

„Sheppard is also one. She surely had a plan."

Both Agents stopped as Gibbs entered the bullpen. He took a deep breath and looked at them.

„What do we have so far?"

„All we know is that Sheppard is Sellers' sister."

„And we know she's doing this because of me."


11h 05 min 41 sec...




Chapter 14



Gibbs stared at the MSN Messenger for quite a while now.

„You know, the water doesn't go down by your stare."

Gibbs ran his hand through his hair. He didn't look away from the screen, he didn't want to see.

„You know, drowning isn't as bad as everybody says. I mean, hell yeah, it wasn't a nice way to go, could think of better ones, but..."

Tony didn't go on. Gibbs still stared at the screen. Right under the messenger there was the countdown.

10 h 39 min 23 sec...

„Funny though, he told you it would be 24 hours, what a lie. I was dead before you got the video. It's a game Gibbs, it's all a game. Don't take it as real. You can't safe me."

„I can!"

Gibbs turned to Tony for the first time. His skin was pale, his lips, those Gibbs loved so much to kiss, were blue but his once so beautiful eyes were red.

„It was cold Gibbs. Icy cold, even if you had me out before I drowned, I would never live. You know my lungs, I couldn't take that."

„No! You're not dead! You're not dead! You will not DIE!"

Gibbs closed his eyes and murmered the words over and over again until he felt a warm hand on his arm. He looked up. It still was Tony, but like he used to know him. His skin lightly tanned and a soft smile on his lips.

„You're not dead?"

Tony shook his head.

„Times running up and you're the only one who can make the difference."

He bent down until his lips were only a hair breath away from Gibbs'.




„GIBBS!"

The cold water in his face startled Gibbs out of sleep. He looked around and saw Abby, McGee and Ziva looking worried at him.

„We have a new mail."

Abby said.

10 h 02 min 13 sec...





Chapter 15



„This is nothing personal. Maybe we can go and get some coffee one day, except...THIS IS VERY PERSONAL!"



„Fine, so, apparently he really wants to piss me off!"

He started again towards the elevator.

„Ziva! McGee! We're going to Sheppards apartment!"




„What do you expect to find? A note where they are?"

Ziva asked when Gibbs put on the gloves and he glared at her.

„I want everything. They need a room for the cube, so maybe they rent something, and the cube needed to be built, so look for a bill for six 2 on 2 meters glass."

„Gibbs, Sheppard wouldn't let those things lay around here."

„I know, just try to find anything."



„Peep, peep, peep, peep"

„What's that?"

McGee asked.

„My watch. We have 9 hours left."





Chapter 16:


„New email?"

Gibbs asked when he saw Abby standing in front of his desk. She nodded.

„You found something?"

Gibbs sighed.

„Show me the mail."



„You've been at my sister's apartment. Nice try. I give you a tip.
Take a break, sip your coffee, there's nothing you can do."

Abby watched Gibbs reading the mail over and over again.

„We can't find the computer?"

Abby shook her head.

„Ziva, I want you to check the mails. Maybe there's a code, or something."

„There were only two."

„Check the fucking MAILS!"

Gibbs yelled and left the lab. He went out. He needed coffee. He needed to think clear. He needed to cool down.

He went to his usual coffee shop next street but against his habit he drank a cup right there, away from his collegues, away from the office where Sheppard had planned all this for months probably.

He felt unable to go back there. Usually the office was like home to him, sometimes more than his house. He felt Tony, in the office, he felt it here in the shop. He felt Tony close, but yet so far...
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to Eva for the help with the mails, owe you one!

Feedback always appreciated!