- Text Size +
Chapter 3:

I could practically feel the energy flowing off of Tony, no doubt he was holding in some smart-ass remarks about the entire thing, and I was torn with pride of his self-control and disappointment at not being able to prolong this further.

"You can't be serious," Fornell started. "You really want to…"

"Is there a reason why I wouldn't want to, Fornell?" I interrupted him.

"Jethro, you do realize what is involved here and…" Sheppard said.

"Do I look stupid to you? You are the one's who are saying we are short on time, so why do you keep wasting time asking me stupid questions? Me and Dinozzo will do the undercover op. and the rest of my team will assist your team in tracking us and providing back-up. Any questions?"

By now Tony had covered his face partially with his hand, trying not to laugh out loud. 'Oh yea,' I thought to myself, 'this was going to be fun.' And I definitely planned to use this little operation to my own advantage. It wasn't often I was given opportunities like this and I'd be damned if I was going to pass it up. Tony's father was a true bastard, having done serious damage to Tony's thoughts of himself in any aspect. It was a lot to undo damage like that, but being a Marine, I welcomed the challenge.

"Are you sure about this Jethro?" Jen asked me. Fornell gave me a look that clearly asked the same question. No doubt the rest of my team, save for Ducky, would probably have similar thoughts. With this sort of assignment, no one would question that Tony could pull off his part. The question would be that I was ready and willing to be the other half of this operation. No question, this was going to be fun on all accounts.

"Wouldn't of said so the first time if I hadn't meant it," I snapped back, leaving no room for argument.

"Alright. I have no objections, do you Fornell?" Jen gave me a curious look, and sooner or later I knew that she was going to want to talk to me about this.

"Yea sure. Like I said we are short on time. We have the rest of the day and tomorrow to get things in place before Friday," answered Fornell, resigned to the fact that if he wanted to get things moving, it was better to just go along with it.

"Well then I guess you had all better get started. Jethro, have your team keep me in the loop on this. Good luck," and with that Director Sheppard dismissed the three agents.