- Text Size +
Chapter 7:

"Petty Officer Thomas Erikson and Petty Officer Brian Myers, both on leave after a tour in Iraq. Upon returning home they got jobs as tour guides and have been known to hang out at Zeus and Apollo, a local night club where the majority of the perps that we have arrested also hang out," said Fornell.

"Is this all you have to link them to the drug ring?" asked Ziva.

"No. Both Petty Officers have been to Carlos Sanatos's home numerous times throughout the week. He's the one with the brains to this whole drug trafficking scheme. We just don't have enough to tie him directly to anything," answered Fornell.

"And what were your reasons for suspecting them of transporting drugs during a rafting trip?" questioned McGee.

"They only do weekend tours for specific groups, usually no more than six people in a group. They often change their route at the halfway mark. Plus there is the fact that when they go to the bank they are depositing a hell of a lot more money than normal for tour guides," answered Fornell.

"That's really not to go on…" McGee started to say.

"No shit," interrupted Fornell with irritation. "Which is why my Director called your Director and suggested a joint investigation."

McGee and Ziva exchanged looks of amusement, enjoying the fact that the FBI agent was obviously annoyed and frustrated at the current situation.

"So you and our Director share the same skepticism on Gibbs playing Tony's father?" inquired Ziva with interest.

"Let's get something straight. Its not that I don't think that either Agent Dinozzo or Gibbs could not do this, its just that I am having a hard time seeing them pull this off together. I will not speak for your Director," snapped Fornell.

"So you don't think that Gibbs and Tony can pull this off together then, is that it?" teased McGee, enjoying the chance to bait the man.

"Or maybe he just wants to keep as few NCIS agents involved as possible, to maintain control over the case," countered Ziva.

"Yea, that would make it easier to take credit once its over. Be easier to hide the fact that he had to come here asking for help," replied McGee.

Fornell just glared at them. He honestly couldn't blame them, that if the situation were reversed he would be doing the exact same thing. That didn't mean he had to enjoy it though. Withholding a sigh, he wondered how much longer Gibbs and Dinozzo would be with the fake ids. The sooner they got this little exchange of information session over with, the better. They still had to go over tracking procedures and get Gibbs and Dinozzo the layout of the route that they were supposed to go on, and alternate routes that they may end up going on. It wasn't going to be easy to find out where the drop-points were, and even harder to try to gather enough evidence that it was the Petty Officers making the drops. As McGee and Ziva continued their banter, Fornell felt the beginnings of a migraine. 'Oh yea,' Fornell thought. ' I should of just shot myself while I had the chance.'
Chapter End Notes:
Hey thanks to everyone for the great reviews and suggestions! Really appreciate it. Going to try to do a little more with the characters in upcoming chapters, so please keep reading!