- Text Size +
Tony's eyes widened. He wanted this, really needed it, but when Abby actually agreed, it was like asking for a pony for your birthday and waking up the day you turn 7 to find a Shetland standing in your living room. Not that Abby could be compared to a horse. But it was still one of those situations where he didn't know what to do. He had asked for the pony, and now here she was, but when he asked, he never thought about how much work having a pet really is.

"Tony?" Abby asked, the timidness in her voice drawing Tony out of his thoughts. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head free of his thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just... I really need this, Abs, but I don't want you to think I'm using you."

Abby nodded. "I know you're not, hon. If you're having second thoughts, I can still go talk to Gibbs, and when I get back, then we can talk and...decide what we want to do."

Tony scratched the back of his head, studying his shoes. The air had gotten thick with awkwardness, and he knew he needed an excuse to get out of there. "Okay, yeah, that sounds good. I need to go home, take a shower, change clothes, you know, that kind of stuff."

"Then it's settled," Abby said, already walking to the door. "I'll go find Gibbs, you'll go home, and when I'm done with Gibbs, I'll be ready for you." Tony raised an eyebrow. "Uh, I mean, I'll call you when we're done talking."

Tony nodded, but he looked miles away. Abby suddenly rushed back to him and hugged him with all she had. "I want to make this all better for you, Tony," she said, her voice muffled by his shirt. "You gotta believe that everything is gonna be okay."

Tony pulled her head away from his chest, holding it in his hands. "I do, Abs." And with that, he pulled her into a long, hot kiss, moving his hands through her hair. Her hands went up to his head, holding it in place in order to kiss him better.

When they pulled away, both were breathing heavily. "So, I take it Gibbs can wait some more?" Abby asked between pants.

Tony shrugged. "Give him a few days to get a grip on everything. I want to talk to him myself."

"A few days, huh? I don't know if I have that much energy."

Tony's grinned at Abby's wit, and she beamed back at him, glad to see his personality coming back.

"Come on, pretty lady," Tony said, gathering Abby close to him. "We have some business to take care of."

Abby looked up at him. The look of lust was back in his eyes. She pulled away from him just enough to take him by the hand, then pulled him into her bedroom.

"So, how do you wanna do this?" Abby asked, stripping off Tony's shirt as he nuzzled the side of her neck.

"I don't care, Abs," he said between kisses. "I just want to be with you."

They fell onto the bed, tearing at their remaining clothes, undoing buckles and buttons and zippers, and laying kisses anywhere there was bare skin. Before long, they were both completely unclothed, and they paused in their frantic kissing to admire each other's naturalness.

"God, Abs, you're beautiful," Tony said, attacking the side of her neck again.

"I haven't been with a man as built as you in...ever," Abby said, breathing heavily against his heaving frame.

Tony stopped his assault on her neck long enough to look into her eyes at the moment he entered her. It was at that moment that he saw a look in her eyes that said she knew this was more than sex. It was a conscious decision made by both of them to change the nature of their relationship forever.

They couldn't go back to being "just friends" after this, and neither of them wanted that, judging by their eagerness to do this. It wouldn't be easy to make the transition, and there would likely be lots of bumps in the road – especially at NCIS.

Tony rolled off Abby as they both climaxed. He had never been one for cuddling after sex – always more the fall asleep or order pizza type –and while he could've gone for pizza, something made him just want to wrap his arms around Abby and hold her.

So he did.

Abby snuggled into his embrace, enjoying the heat of his body against her own and the thump of his heart beating against her back. Just as they were drifting to sleep – a mid-Saturday afternoon nap – a knock sounded at Abby's apartment door.

Abby shot up in bed. "I have to get that, Tony."

"So get it."

"What if it's Gibbs?"

Tony opened an eye and looked at her. "You tell him you're busy and can't talk to him, then you come back to bed." He paused. "Just go."

Abby threw on Tony's shirt and skipped out to the living room before Tony could tell her to put on something else, and pressed herself up against the peephole. "Who's there?"

"It's me, Abs. Open the door."

Gibbs. Of course. "Uh, I can't. I'm...naked! And that would just be inappropriate."

She pressed her eye to the peephole again and saw Gibbs roll his eyes. "So put on some clothes. It's not that difficult, Abs."

"All my clothes are dirty?" She couldn't hide the question in her voice and Gibbs sighed on the other side of the door.

"Let me in, Abs. And if you don't, I know how to get that door open."

Abby quickly unlocked the door and let him in. The last thing she needed was Gibbs busting down her door.

Gibbs walked in and looked Abby up and down, studying her "nakedness." He nodded, taking a sip of the coffee he was holding. "Guess all your clothes are dirty." Abby gave him a questioning look. He fingered her shirt. "Explains why you're wearing DiNozzo's shirt."

Abby gave him a dubious look. "And what makes you think this is Tony's shirt?"

He leaned close to her. "Because I saw him wearing that same shirt yesterday." He straightened. "Where is he?"

Before she could say anything, he started walking towards her bedroom. "What makes you think Tony's even here?" Abby asked, not wanting to see the fight when Gibbs did find Tony.

"Oh, I don't know, Abs," Gibbs said, stopping and facing her. "Maybe the fact that you answered the door in his shirt and have been acting strange?"

"Smart man," Abby said to herself as Gibbs continued towards her bedroom.

He flung open the door, startling Tony, who was still in bed.

"Hey, Gibbs," Tony said mildly.

"DiNozzo. Thought I'd find you here. Hoped you'd have more clothes on, but you can't always get what you want."

Tony looked at Abby, who was standing in the doorway. "Hey, Abs, would you mind giving us a few minutes?" he asked quietly.

Abby looked from him to Gibbs then back to Tony again. "I don't know. You might need a witness."

Tony continued to look at Gibbs as he said, "Yeah, you have a point."

Gibbs sighed. "I'm not gonna do anything to him. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to, but I won't. Now, this is between me and DiNozzo."

Abby continued to stand in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest. "Tony told me what happened. Besides, you left. I don't have to be happy with you. And this is my house."

Gibbs huffed. "Fine. Do what you want. I'll talk to DiNozzo later." He turned to leave and Abby stopped him.

"No, Gibbs," she said, blocking the doorway. "You came to talk and that's what you're going to do. And if you're not going to talk to Tony, you're going to talk to me." The look on her face said she wasn't giving up, and Gibbs knew better than to argue with Abby when she was set on something.

Gibbs sighed. "Living room. Now. DiNozzo..." Tony waited for the lashing he was about to receive. "Put on some clothes."

Tony let out a heavy breath as Gibbs left the room and Abby looked at him.

"It'll be okay, Tony," she said.

"And if it's not?"

She sighed. "You'll still have me." She ruffled his hair and headed to meet Gibbs, leaving Tony alone and worried.
Chapter End Notes:
More Tabby, but an appearance is made by the grand master!