- Text Size +
Abby closed the bedroom door behind her and walked to the living room, where Gibbs was sitting on the couch, looking annoyed.

"How long have you and DiNozzo been sleeping together?" Gibbs asked, lacing his fingers together as he settled back on the couch.

"I don't think that's any of your business," Abby said sternly. "Besides, you didn't come here to talk about me and Tony."

"That's because I didn't know you two were having sex when I came here," Gibbs said.

"How long were you standing there?" Abby asked, then quickly said, "I mean, that's not the issue here. You and Tony is the issue, and I don't want you to leave NCIS with this, whatever it is," she threw her hands around wildly, "between you. It's not healthy, Gibbs."

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "Oh, so now you're a psychiatrist? There's nothing to talk about, Abs. I just came over to tell DiNozzo something, not to sit and have a heart-to-heart with you."

Abby looked hurt. "But Gibbs. This is Tony we're talking about. He's very sensitive."

"And I'm sure he appreciates you saying that," Gibbs said. "He's probably listening to us right now, so he might as well come out here." He raised his voice and tilted his head towards the bedroom, signalling he knew Tony was eavesdropping.

Tony stepped into the room, clad in only his jeans since Abby was still wearing his shirt, and said, "I actually don't mind Abby calling me sensitive." He paused. "As long as that stays among us." He stood behind the chair Abby sat in, resting his hands on the top of the chair. Abby reached a hand behind her and laid it on top of Tony's hand, the two of them still looking at Gibbs.

"What?" Gibbs asked at their expectant looks. "You want me to give you my okay to sleep together? Well, fine. Okay. I don't care what you two do in the bedroom. You're adults. I trust you."

Abby threw her hands up in exasperation, almost giving Tony whiplash in the process. He backed away just in time, and watched as Abby explained to Gibbs.

"Gibbs, I just want you to be able to leave NCIS knowing that Tony hasn't been scarred by what happened."

Tony had been standing there, looking thoughtful with his hand cupping his chin, until Abby finished talking. Then he shook his head, laughing,. "I'm not going to be scarred by this. I mean, it was just a stupid decision on my part."

"Damn right it was," Gibbs said before Tony could finish his thought. "I thought you were smarter than that, DiNozzo. Not to mention straighter. Goddammit, Tony. If anyone were to find out about this, you could get charged with assault so fast you wouldn't have time to explain yourself."

Tony looked up, his arms crossed over his chest. "I thought this was staying quiet, Gibbs. You threatening me."

Gibbs leaned back, crossing one ankle over his knee. "No. I'm just giving you a heads up in case something like this happens in the future." He raised an eyebrow at Tony, sending him the unspoken message of "Do it again and you won't get help from me."

Tony nodded in response, saying, "Thanks. I assume we're done here?"

"Yep, I suppose we are," Gibbs said, standing. "You two can go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before I got here."

Tony wrinkled his lip. "Thanks, Gibbs, but I think the mood's been sufficiently ruined."

Gibbs smirked. "Never stopped you before."

Tony nodded to himself. "The man has a point."

Abby suddenly jumped up from her spot and ran over to Gibbs, who was standing at the doorway, hand on the doorknob. "No, you're not leaving until you show me you guys have made up."

"I'm not kissing him, Abs," Tony said quickly.

Abby rolled her eyes. "I just wanted you two to shake hands."

"Of course," Tony said, looking diplomatic as he walked to Gibbs, holding out his hand. Gibbs looked at Abby as he took the younger man's hand, shaking it brusquely. He then turned and walked out without so much as a glance back at them.

Tony and Abby watched in silence as the door closed behind Gibbs, expecting him to come back in with some final comment, but the apartment remained unvisited by their former boss.

Tony ran a hand through his hair, chuckling to himself. "Well, wasn't that fun?" He turned to look at Abby and saw that she was crying.

"He's really gone, isn't he?" she asked quietly, her tears slowly tracking down her cheeks.

"No, Abby, he'll be back," Tony said, attempting to reassure her. He walked over to her and brushed some of her tears away. "Come on, Abs. Don't cry. He'll be back." She leaned into him, her tears wetting his chest.

"Yeah, I know," he said after a few minutes of silence. "I'm gonna miss him, too."