- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It was an ordinary day in the life of Agent Tony DiNozzo when he gets a call regarding his niece Annabella is kidnapped the FBI missing persons unit. Will they find her in time?
Disclaimer: Don't own NCIS.

Summary: It was an ordinary day in the life of Agent Tony DiNozzo when he gets a call regarding his niece Annabella is kidnapped the FBI missing persons unit. Will they find her in time?

Chapter one:

Blanche DiNozzo smiled as she watched her five year old daughter Annabella play on the swing set that was located in the backyard. Rinsing the bowl that contained soggy uneaten bran flakes. She bent down and placed it on the top rack of the dishwasher. Standing back up she pushed a strand of her black hair out of her face and looked back out the window. She frowned when she didn't see Annabella on the swing. Turning off the water she turned on her heel and headed toward the back door.
Her bare feet slapping across the tile floor. Slipping her feet into her slippers located next to the door she pushed open the screen door and moved out into the fenced in yard.
"Annabella?" she called moving across the dew covered grass. When she didn't get an answer her heart began to pound.
"Annabella?" she called again her fear growing.
Moving toward the side of the house she froze when she saw the wooden gate open and Annabella's doll Mrs. Busybody lying next to it. Tears flooded her eyes as she turned quickly and rushed toward the house. Her foot slipped on the grass and she fell to the ground sobs now racked her body. Scrambling to her feet the raw fear burned at her stomach. The backdoor came into sight her lungs were burning as she ran into the house. Her slick slipper slipped across the floor she reached out and was able to grab the counter top. She quickly kicked off her slippers and ran for the phone mounted on the wall. It felt like hours just to reach the other side of the room. Her hands shock with such intensity it was difficult to keep a grip on the phone.
"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"
"M-m-my daughter's been kidnapped." She said through her sob.
"What's your address?" this dispatcher asked.
"1521 est. Lighthouse Lane."
"Okay just breathe; the police are on their way. It'll be okay."
Blanche sighed and pressed the ‘end' button. Then an idea struck her…Tony. Quickly dialing his number her tear still flowing from her eyes.
"DiNozzo."
"Tony! Oh it's terrible someone took Annabella!" she said her voice showing her hysteria.
"When?" he demanded.
"A few minuets ago." She sobbed.
"Did you call the police?"
"Yes, Tony I'm not a fool."
"Okay, look sis, don't panic I'll be there soon." He said and snapped his phone shut.
…………………………………………………………………..
Tony sighed and looked down at the groves in his desk. Tears burned the back of his green eyes. Annabella was only five years old. Rubbing a hand over his face he looked up. He jumped in surprise when he saw a frowning Gibbs looming over the edge of his desk.
"DiNozzo, is there a reason you're not doing paperwork?"
"Gibbs, I have to leave my niece was kidnapped I need to catch a plane to Connecticut." He replied his voice horse.
Gibbs face immediately softened.
"Go, I'll make a call to a friend at the FBI, missing persons unit." He replied as he moved over to his desk.
"Thanks Boss." He stood grabbed his backpack and pulled his gun from the holder on his belt and placed it in his desk drawer. Moving quickly around the desk and pulled his cell phone intending on calling the airlines.
"DiNozzo?"
"Yea, Boss?"
"If you need anything call me." Gibbs said lifting his coffee cup to his mouth.
"Thanks." Tony said Gibbs sudden change in demeanor change and stepped onto the waiting elevator.
As the doors slid closed Gibbs lifted the phone on his desk from the cradle and dialed.
"Deluca."
"Kelly, its Gibbs."
"Hi Uncle Jethro. What do you need?"
"Why do you always think I'm calling you for something?"
"Because you always are. So again what do you need?" she asked again with laughter in her voice.
"Okay, one of my agents needs your help. His niece was kidnapped from her home in Connecticut. You think you could help?"
"Sure, Uncle Jethro. I'm still on medical leave anyway."
"So how is that gunshot wound?"
"Don't be so dramatic I was only grazed."
"What ever you say Kelly. Just get to Connecticut and find the kid, please."
"I'm on it Uncle. Oh and when are you and Jenny coming over for dinner?"
"After you find Annabella."
"I promise Gibbs. I'll find her alive. Do you have an address?"
"1521 est. Lighthouse Lane. Be careful"
"Always."
……………………………………………………………………..
Kelly Deluca sighed and slung her purse over her shoulder. Smiling at the man behind the check-in desk. The name tag he wore dubbed him ‘Jimmy'.
"Thanks." She replied picking up the ticket from the desk.
"Have a nice flight Ms. Deluca."
"Thanks."
Grabbing her duffle bag from the floor she made her way to the lounge area. Dodging an old lady and her grandson. Stepping open a suitcase that lay in the middle of the carpeted lounge. Spotting an empty next to a man in his early thirties. His elbows resting on his knees his face in his hands.
Sitting down she let her bag fall to the floor and sat down next to him. Her brows furrowed and reached for the file located in her duffle. Opening it she looked at the photo of the agent Gibbs had sent her and then back to the name next to her.
"Special Agent DiNozzo?" when he looked she pulled her badge from her purse.
"Agent Kelly Deluca FBI." She said flipping open the wallet holding her badge.
"Did Gibbs call you?" he asked standing.
"Yes, I'm his niece. I'm with the missing person's bureau."
"Than you so much for coming." He said placing a hand on her arm and she winced.
"What?" he asked quickly pulling his hand back.
"The reason I'm here is because I'm on medical leave." She said rolling up her sleeve to reveille a stark white bandage wrapped around her arm.
"Will you be able to do this?" he asked his voice sharp.
"Gibbs wouldn't have called me if I couldn't." she said crossing her arms.
Tony nodded and sat back down.
"Are we going to get her back?" his voice suddenly horse making Kelly blink.
"I give you my word Agent DiNozzo. I'll find your niece alive."
"How can you do that?"
"I have Gibbs blood running through my veins I don't make promises I can't keep Agent." Kelly said tugging on her pinstripe dress pants.
"Call me Tony." He said scrubbing a hand over his face.
"It's normal to be scared Tony, but in order to find her I need your full cooperation." She said crossing her legs.
"That's not a problem but how do I know you'll do what needs to be done?" he questioned and twisted in his seat to face her.
"Hey, you're talking to a woman who purposely got herself kidnapped to find a lost business man." She said with a laugh earning a small smile from him. Their eyes locked green on green and it all but knocked the air out of her lungs. Clearing her throat she looked away.
"What seat do you have?" she asked looking back at him.
Ohm…4B…why?" he asked glancing back at her.
"Good, I'm in 5B. This way you can tell me about anyone who maybe out to get you…or your family." She said blowing her auburn hair from her face.
"Well there is my sister's ex-husband." He said his green eyes blazing.
"Take it they didn't part on good terms."
"You think right." He said anger and hatred in his tone.
"Flight 189 from Washington to Connecticut now bordering." A voice announced over the loud speaker.
"Let me get your bag." Tony stated as the two of them stood.
"Thanks." She said grabbing her purse and making sure her badge was in there. Tony gestured for her to go forward. Stopping at the ticket booth she handed the steward her ticket.
"Have a nice flight." He said shooting her a flirtatious grin which disappeared when Tony glared at him from behind her.
"Thank you…" she paused and glanced at his name tag.
"Bobby." She finished.
She moved forward into the winding tunnel that was connected to the plane.
"Have a nice flight Sir." Bobby said to Tony.
"Yea." Tony grumbled wrenching the ticket away from the younger man. Following the brunette down the tunnel grumbling as he went. Moving in her ignored the giggling stewardess and moved through the narrow isle. Making it to his seat he stored the luggage in the over head bin and sat down next to her. He buckled his seat belt and looked at the woman next to him.
"So you think it could be George?"
"Who?" she asked crinkling her eyebrows.
"My sister's ex-husband."
"It's entirely possible. Does he have visitation rights?" she asked shifting to face him.
"No, he was a wife abusing jerk. The judge gave my sister full custody." Kelly nodded her ponytail bobbing up and down in the air.
"I-I want to thank you for doing this Blanche-my sister- will be so relived she's worried sick." He said with a depressed sigh.
"That's to be expected. I've seen mothers having to be sedated and hospitalized. It's the hardest thing not knowing if your child is okay." She said shaking her head sadly.
"I-I need to know how many kids have you gotten back alive?" he asked his fingers gripping the arm rest.
"Personally, out of the twelve children disappearances I've worked I've only lost two." She said with a sad shake of her head.
"W-what went wrong?" he asked his voice quivering.
"Are you sure you want to hear this?" she asked her eyes worried.
"I-I have to."
"Well those two children were abducted by non-family members and were murdered before we were even called in." she said her voice wavering. Tony nodded his fingernails now imbedded in the plastic. Her hand covered his and he looked at her.
"I promise you I'll do everything in my power to find her, Tony." She said softly.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..
The plane landed in Connecticut three hours later and those three hours only made Tony's panic worsen. Kelly could see it written in his face she had tried distracting him by talking about everything from when she spent the summer with her Uncle Gibbs to movies. Nothing worked.
Sighing she hoisted her purse onto her shoulder and followed Tony out of the plane and into the airport. Both her duffle and his suit case in his hands. With his long strides and her short legs she had to almost run to keep up with him. His back was muscles were taunt showing his anger.
"Damn it DiNozzo slow down!" she yelled as she rushed to catch up. Tony ignored her and moved quicker toward the exit. Kelly gave up on trying to catch up with him and slowed down to a jog.
She finally caught up with him as he slid into a yellow taxi and climbed in after him.
"Thanks for waiting for me." She snipped. Tony ignored her sarcasm and relayed the address to the driver.
Almost a half an hour later they pulled up to an old Victorian style house. Kelly slid out and moved back to the already open trunk as Tony paid the driver and followed her. Taking the bags from her he moved up the stone walkway. Rolling her eyes she hurried after him her heels clicking harshly on the stones. She watched as he flew through the front door and she ran after him. Rushing in she pulled her badge from her purse but before she could say anything a voice interrupted her.
"Anthony DiNozzo, don't tell me you brought one of your whores with you."
"No, Mama…" he started.
"Agent Kelly Deluca FBI." She said flashing her badge.
"Are you here to help look for Annabella?" a voice whispered. Kelly took that to be Annabella's mother Blanche.
"Yes, Ms. DiNozzo I work with the missing persons unit." She said with a nod.
"Thank you." She whispered her voice horse and the poor woman looked exhausted.
"Ms. DiNozzo, what did the cops find?" she asked setting her purse on the table.
"Nothing only her doll near the open gate."
"Do you mind if I look around?"
"No, not at all go right a head." Blanche said shifting on the seat.
"All come with you." Tony said moving to follow her.
"Stay put, I'm a big girl I think I can find the back yard by myself." Kelly said rolling her eyes.
………………………………………………………………………………….
The sun was setting over the trees as Kelly poked around the back yard looking for any sign of struggle. When she found none she frowned. Sighing she moved toward the gate. Something white caught her eyes and she moved closer. Stepping over a puddle she pulled a glove from her pocket she snapped it on before pulling the envelope off the gate. Moving back toward the house she rushed in through the back door. Drawing startled stairs from the occupants.
"Tony, can you bring me my duffel bag?" she asked setting the letter on the dinning room table.
"Here, what did you find?" Tony asked standing behind her.
"We'll soon see won't we?"
Pulling a spray from her duffel she sprayed the envelope.
"What's that?" he asked looking over her shoulder.
"Ninhydrin."
Tony nodded and sighed when nothing appeared. After she processed for a few minuets she decided there was no evidence she slit the envelope open. Pulling the paper from the envelope she cursed and threw it down on the table. Picking up on the envelope she looked inside.
"Aha!" she cried happily.
"What?" Tony questioned.
"A hair. Get me a plastic bag." She said as she rummaged through her bag for the tweezers. Pulling from the envelope she held the hair and turned toward Tony who held the bag open and sealed the bag.
"What's the letter say?" Blanche asked coming over with her mother.
"It's a ransom." She replied.
"I'll get this tested." Tony said leaving with the hair.
Kelly sighed and capped the Ninhydrin.
"Where did you get all this stuff?" Emilia DiNozzo replied.
"I'm friends with our lab tech." she replied sitting in the chair.
"Ms. Deluca what are the chances of getting my baby back? Please tell me the truth." Blanche said.
"Call me Kelly." She said grabbing the woman's arm and pulled her to the couch.
"I'll get your daughter back. I promise you." Kelly said patting her hand before sitting back.
"H-how did you find your last missing child?"
"Well I got my self kidnapped- on purpose mind you- and found away out from there."
"You would get kidnapped for my daughter?" Blanche asked her eyes watering.
"In a heartbeat."
"Thank you." She said tears flowing again.
"Now, look you won't be any help to your daughter if your exhausted; so get some rest okay?"
Blanche nodded and let her mother lead her toward her room.
Kelly sighed and glanced over when the door opened.
"What you find?" she asked facing him.
"Nothing, the root wasn't attached." Tony said plopping on the couch.
Kelly cursed and sighed softly.
"What do we do now?" he asked fresh tears in his eyes.
"Now? I get myself kidnapped." She said with a sigh.
"What?" Tony asked turning is confused green eyes on her.
"Just as I said I get myself kidnapped." She said crossing her arms.
"And how do you expect to do that?"
"I go to the dingiest most disgusting bars in this area. The person will find me." She stated defiantly.
"Have you lost your mind?" he asked.
"No, but I said I'd get Annabella back."
"You can't get her back if your dead." He stated rolling his green orbs.
"Precisely, why I won't get myself killed. The person responsible will more than likely put me in the same place. I can protect her better that way."
"No." he said shaking his head causing her eyes to narrow.
"Who said you had a say in the matter?" she questioned her anger growing.
Tony sighed and watched her she was one of the most stubborn women he had ever met.
"You're going to do this no matter what I say; aren't you?" he asked kicking off his shoes.
"Yes." She replied with a grin.
He patted her arm causing her to shrink back.
"Sorry, I forgot." He mumbled.
"We better get some sleep." She stated muffling a yawn.
"Yes, you can have the bed I'll sleep here." Tony stated moving toward the closet.
"No, I'm the one in charge here DiNozzo go to bed."
"Now look here."
"Tony, you really want to argue?" she asked lying back on the couch.
"I'm not going in there." He said lifting her head and sitting down before letting it fall into his lap.
"Ow." She said as he hair snagged on his belt.
"Sorry." He apologized as he pulled off his belt.
"Don't worry about it." She said with a yawn soon she drifted off to sleep. Tony smiled down at her and pushed her hair out of her face and trailed his fingers down her cheek. Her freckles were beginning to fade with the winter breeze. Her eyebrows were light and naturally thin.
He smiled as she sighed in her sleep. Gibbs sure worked in mysterious ways.
………………………………………………………………………………………….
Morning dawned the rays of sunlight spilled through the bay window waking Tony from his slumber. Glancing down at his lap he found that Kelly was gone and in her place a blanket. Smiling softly he stood and stretched.
"Kelly?" he called.
When he received no answer he frowned.
"Kelly?" he called again.
He spotted a paper on the table and frowned.
Tony,
I've gone to get myself kidnapped which I really hadn't planed it but your snoring woke me. So mide as well do something constructive with my time.
~Kelly.

"Damn crazy woman." He muttered.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..
Pain radiated through the base of her skull. She felt a small hand on her face. Her eyes snapped open.
"Are you okay lady?"
"I'm fine. Are you Annabella?" Kelly asked sitting up rubbing the back of her head.
"How did you know my name?" she asked her brown eyes wide.
"I'm helping to bring you home, honey. Do you know the man who grabbed us?" Kelly asked rubbing the little girls arm.
"Yes." She said her lower lip quivering.
"Who, honey?"
"Our neighbor, Mr. Ari."
"Ari?" Kelly asked alarmed.
"Did I say something bad?" Annabella asked backing up a step.
"Oh no honey. I'm just surprised. Okay?"
"Yes, Ms."
"Aw honey call me Kelly."
"I'm not sure I'm allowed."
"Sure you can." Kelly said smoothing her hand over her short black hair.
Annabella smiled and nodded.
"Are we going to get out of here?"
"You have my word."