- Text Size +
Chapter 3: The Price of Playing Hero:

The smell of stale beer invaded her senses as she moved into the small pub. Her heels clicking loudly on the linoleum floor. The florescent lights cast an eerie glow around the room. The sent of danger clung to the air as she moved further into the room attracting interested stares from the bikers seated in the far corner. She slid onto a vacant stool and gave the bartender a coy smile.
"What can I get ‘ya?" The bartender asked returning her smile.
"Information."
"Oh really. What you wanna know, sugar?" he asked his voice gruff in a dull attempt to sound sexy.
"Where can I find Ivan Lamont?" she asked batting her thick lashes.
"Who?" he replied.
"Don't play dumb with me, honey. Where is he we have…business to discuss." She said a sexy smile formed on her lips.
"Ahha." He said nodding in understanding.
"In the back room." He finished nodding toward the door.
"Thanks." She replied with a smile.
Moving quickly across the room she ignored the whistles and cat calls and pushed the door open. Almost colliding with the man behind it. His muscular arms crossed over his chest and a frown marring his handsome face.
"What?"
"I'm here to see Mr. Lamont." She said her grin back in place.
Nodding curtly he moved to the side to revile the door. Pulling it open she sauntered in her anger begging to grow beneath the surface. Spotting her target sitting by the exit a martini dangling from his fingers. Gliding toward him she ignored the pat on the bottom she received from an older man. Her nails bit into her palms. Breathing deeply she closed the reaming distance between her and Ivan.
"Mr. Lamont?" she cooed
"Yes, and who might you be?" he asked as his eyes wandered over her making her stomach churn.
"Follow me and find out." She said with a throaty laugh. Ivan grinned and followed her out the exit.
The cold Vermont wind bit into her exposed flesh like tiny little daggers. Trying to ignore the frigid air she moved closer to a parked car.
"So honey are we going for a ride?" he asked his tone husky making her want to vomit.
"No, your under arrest." She said pulling a small gun from the garter located under her leather skirt.
His hands flew into the air and his eyes widened.
"Who are you?"
"A bounty hunter." She replied as sirens pierced the air.
The two police cars pulled up behind him and an officer climbed out. Moving around her charge she slapped the hand cuffs on his wrists and propelled him toward the officer.
"Transfer him back to the NCIS building in Washington." She said her anger now evident.
…………………………………………………………………………………
It had been a year since Kelly Deluca died in her coma and Kelly Gibbs woke from her slumber. It had been hard for her to be told who she used to be what her hobbies were. Causing her to cut her parents and friends out of her life. They wanted to old Kelly who worked for the FBI, not the new Kelly who had taken up Bounty Hunting. It was then he realized how amnesia could destroy a family. He was just grateful their bond had survived the accident. His sister just kept pushing her be her old self and his sister-in-law wasn't much better.
Jethro Gibbs cursed when the phone on his desk rang. Answering on the first ring he smiled when he heard his niece's voice flowed through the phone. Hanging up quickly he looked at the two men sitting at their desks.
"They caught Lamont in Vermont." He replied his excitement evident.
"That was fast." McGee replied cocking an eyebrow.
"Gotta love bounty hunters." Gibbs replied with a laugh.
"A bounty hunter?" Tony asked with laughter in his voice seeing the glare Gibbs was shooting him his laughter died.
"So who was the bounty hunter?" Tony questioned.
"You know her." Gibbs replied with a slight smirk.
"How?" Tony questioned confused.
McGee sighed and walked away knowing somehow this was going to turn into an all out war. Before he could make it to the elevator it slid open to revile a very irate young woman and a sulking perp.
"Hi, you must be the bounty hunter." McGee smiled extending his hand causing the younger woman's brow to wrinkle.
"I have a name you know." She said her face stone cold.
Gulping McGee nodded and let her exit the elevator.
"Are you an Agent here?" she asked.
"Yes, Miss…"
"Gibbs, can you take him to interrogation?" she asked swatting her long auburn locks from her face.
"Of course."
Watching as the Agent walked Ivan toward what she assumed was an interrogation room. Turning on her heel she came to stand behind Tony. Vaguely she remembered that voice but couldn't place it. Stepping to the side her Uncle came into view.
"Gibbs, Petty Officer Lamont is in interrogation." Kelly said cutting off the man next to her.
She watched confused as the man turned and looked at her with wide green eyes. Their eyes locked and Kelly frowned when she felt her heart beat faster. Strange she thought to herself before shaking her head and looking back at Gibbs.
"Thanks Kelly, you're the best." Gibbs said pressing a kiss to her cheek as he hurried off to interrogation.
She heard the man next to her clear is throat shifting her eyes to him she watched as he scuffed the toe of his dress shoe against the rug.
"If there is something you want to know just ask?" she snapped.
"Y-you ohm…I mean….I know you don't….remember me…but you save my niece." He stuttered trying not to acknowledge the short skirt the blood red stiletto heels or her skin tight shirt.
"I remember reading about it in that paper. So how is she?" Kelly asked hoisting herself onto her Uncles desk.
"Better but apparently you told her a story that you never finished and its driving her nuts." Tony said with an amused chuckled. Kelly nodded and looked around the office the silence was unnerving. Glancing back at the man she was startled to find him staring at her.
"Ohm….so what's your name?" Kelly asked swinging her legs.
Tony sighed softly his disappointment evident.
"Tony DiNozzo."
Kelly's leg froze mid swing he was the faceless man from her dreams. The one coaxing her to let herself remember to remember him and in that moment she did.