- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and the team plan to catch Faith...
What if she doesn't feel it? What if this is just sex to her? But the way she kissed me, and held me, and loved me in the shower, she has to feel it. She couldn't have kissed me like that if she didn't feel it. But what if she could? What if I'm wrong? And why the Hell am I thinking about this? I should go. Just…leave. But first I have to ask her. Just, maybe, whisper it. Then she can pretend she didn't hear me, if she wants to. Yeah, that's how I'll do it. Then if she doesn't answer I can leave and pretend none of it ever happened, and go back to sorting my life out alone.

So, here goes nothing…


---------------------------------------------------------------

After they got out of the shower and dried themselves they cuddled up together on the couch in front of the television, which was currently displaying Saturday morning cartoons. Faith buried her face against Abby's neck, and mumbled something quietly. Abby pulled away slightly and asked her to say again.

"Have lunch with me?"

Abby was shocked. She had been trying to think of a way to get Faith to the café that afternoon, and Faith had just done it for her. Not only that, but she looked almost shy about it! Abby gently kissed her, before suggesting a little café called Below Deck. Faith readily agreed, and wrote down the directions Abby gave her. She then reluctantly told Abby that she had to leave for now, but would see her at 1:30 on the dot. They shared a kiss, and Faith left. Once again, Abby cried. She wished she had Bert to hug, but he was at work, and she couldn't bring herself to go in today.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's 1:15. I know we said 1:30, but I can't help it. I want to be here waiting when she arrives. Came straight from picking up my papers. I've chosen a nice outside table for us. I don't know how to treat her when she gets here. Can I kiss her? Will she be embarrassed to kiss another woman in public? Will she even want to kiss me at all? Or do I just kiss her on the cheek? Or nothing? I guess I'll figure it out when she gets here.

A cute guy just sat at the table next to me. Well dressed, gorgeous facial definition, nice body shape, looks Italian. Normally I would have been all over him, but today I hardly even notice. A woman joins him anyway. She's quite pretty. Foreign, and again the sort I would normally be all over. I couldn't care less about them though. A baby-faced man takes the table on the other side of me. He's one of those cute in the adorable chubby way sorts. I'm getting sort of annoyed; I was hoping not to have too many people around our table when she gets here.

‘Click' I feel the gun against the back of my head, hear the hammer being cocked.

"Hands in the air! Now!"

Shit. The Italian guy and his girlfriend both have guns trained on me, and so does baby-face on the other side. I slowly put my hands above my head and begin to stand up. Old guy with the first gun doesn't move away, which is kind of good for me. He's banking on me being a normal girl. Or at least, a normal criminal. He doesn't know I'm a slayer. Much as I wanted to leave it all behind, I have to admit, at times like these I'm glad I have super strength.

I throw my fist backward at the guy behind me, ducking at the same time and shooting my leg out at baby-face. I can hear the guns go off, but I'm moving too fast. I bolt away from there as fast as I can, up onto the roof of a nearby building. Easier to move across the roofs without being seen. I'll hide out for now. Go and see my girl tonight. Explain why I wasn't there. Hope she forgives me.