- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
getting to know Kate
Chapter 2 Caitlyn Todd - Profile - Confidential

Nice! Kate is comparing… No stupid remark from Tony, no paper clips pelted to her face, No rude comments about her non existence love life, like: getting laid yet Kate? You look tense! You need to get laid…and no hostility from Gibbs which is hurting her feeling.
After she was done and briefed by her new boss, she goes back to her bullpen.

Tony, McGee and Abby are waiting anxiously in silence, in fear that Gibbs might ask them to shut up again. Kate is surprised to see the three of them call her name "Kate!!!" at the same time, as she enters the bullpen, with a questioning looks on their eyes. Only Gibbs is quiet behind his Computer…busy, he doesn't even seems to realize that she is there, Kate feels a hard pang of pain in her heart, disappointed…apparently she means nothing to him…it's about time you move on, you daft woman! She tells herself.

"Hi, what's up guys?" she greets them happily, not showing her disappointment on their boss behavior. "So?" Tony asks, "So what? It's nothing…I am asked to help them until the case is close, that's all…no big deal, I can handle that". "Are we still going to see you?" McGee whispers to her, "Sure McGee" she looks at him fondly. "I still come here for attendance as usual…", and she turns around, facing Abby" and…I see you…when I see you in the lab, as usual and in Ducky's autopsy, ohh…and awesome; O'Brien said that I can accompany and assist Ducky in Autopsy when he did the Y incision!!! Cool ehh??" Kate couldn't hide her excitement from them.

"Don't forget your reports due Kate!!" Gibbs snaps at her from behind his screens. "Consider it done Boss" she replies bitterly, she never address Gibbs as boss before, she has enough of his attitude, she did not do anything wrong. Tony, McGee and Abby glare at their boss and give him the look of insolence and displeasure at the same time. Gibbs is surprised at their courage… but ignores it anyway.
----------------------------------------

On her drive home, Kate has a resolution: to be responsible for her own well being and not being an idiotic love sick puppy with somebody who didn't even has the decency to respect her feeling and doesn't even realized she exist. Like a drug addict (of Gibbs) trying to quit her addiction, she promised herself…to change her life. QUIT COLD TURKEY!!! Ugly, but definitely necessary.
------------------------------------------

Alone at home, Gibbs is in the basement working on his boat, no TV, no dinner, non stop until he is exhausted enough to calm down and sits in his chair. He is in his chair covering his weary face with both hands. "What the hell did I do?" He was sure that Sheppard tried to rekindle their fling with him, when he politely declined her advances, she was pissed and tried to get rid of Kate, but how did she knew?

He doesn't understand what has happen in the last 24 hours. No hard feeling towards O'Brien, he is a respectable peer, a kind man that doesn't speak much, can control his emotion much much better than himself, one of very few people that he respects in the work place, apart from Ducky.
----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Ducky is sitting in his autopsy room…thinking about an incident that happened a month ago. He precisely remember, as he bumped into the new gorgeous Director Jenny Sheppard, a very stunning red head, he finds her rather cold with an air of arrogance that he doesn't feel comfortable with.
Ducky opened a door for her, she slipped through the opened door with a forced smile, he noticed. He froze when he saw the file in her hand. "Caitlyn Todd, personal file, confidential, Director's eyes only", that's Kate's file. "Oh dear, something awful will happen". Ducky predicted right as this morning he witnessed the showdown.

About a month ago, jenny Sheppard was disappointed when her former lover greeted her with no emotion as he congratulated her for her new position as the new Director. She knows that she is an attractive woman in her 40's, how could he refuse her?
Then few weeks later, she knew the reason. She was walking to her office; she saw Gibbs placed his hand protectively over a female waist as they walked through the lobby, chatting with the weird tattooed girl. She can see that he was trying to make sure the brunette did not bump into other agents that were walking through the packed lobby; they were walking so close and comfortable with each other…she actually saw Jethro Gibbs smiles at her.
When she got back to her office, she looked for the teams rosters, looking for Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his team, looked for the only female agent in his team and her pictures, ah... yes, that's her. She sorted through her personal profile as she read with green eyes.

Caitlyn Todd, 31, single, Catholic.

Starting from basic military academy joined US RANGERS for 3 years under Master Chief Angus Powell. Excellent remarks on her character, agility and intelligent more than physical strength. Being 1 of 5 female in the entire US RANGER; it was stated from the Master Chief that even though she went through a hard time being female, to performed physically demanding regiment of the elite soldiers, she never gives up.

Every challenge that was thrown at her, she completed them the best as she knows how. Despite the fact that she can not defeat her male peers, her wits, intelligent, attitude and loyalty made her stood out and respected by her peers. Her humanity and leadership skills bring out the best of her.
After 3 years, by the advised of her mentor/Master Chief, he transferred her to the FBI.
He believes that US RANGER has done what can be done with her and she could to improve her intellectual skills and capabilities under the FBI's care. So, US RANGER Caitlyn Todd was transferred with colorful recommendation.

The FBI training in Quantico proved her to be the best profiler in her class. Foreign language: German, French and Spanish. She excels in Psychology, profiling, interrogation and case studies.
After the completion of FBI training, she worked in the field under Special Agent Michael White. That's a name Sheppard is familiar with, a well respected senior agent that operates many successful sting operations. Kate was under him for 5years? Damn!!!

Positive remarks from Agent White, again her wit and intelligent combined with her disposition made her one of the best asset to the FBI. From the FBI, she was recruited by the Secret Service. Director William Powell, recommended from his brother, the master chief of US Rangers. The Director hand picked Agent Todd to work for Secret service for 2 years before she resigned and joined NCIS..."Weird... why did she resigned? What happen? Well, never mind now…I'll found out later" she told herself. Right now, she planned to get rid of Todd or at least out of Gibbs' hands. She looked at her portfolio military pictures of Caitlyn Todd and smiled.
------------------------------------

Kate starts her 1st day with O'Brien's team. She arrives in her bullpen few minutes before Gibbs arrive. Tony, McGee and Abby are already waiting by her desk. She gives them a big smile," Good morning guys..."
"So, Kate, you are with O'Brien today?", "Yep!" she answers happily. "And ... he is nice! And his agents are polite, not like you Tony…" she winks at him.
Tony doesn't have the chance to reply to her as he hears the Elevator's doors open; Gibbs enters the bullpen with no coffee in his hand…that's bad, McGee thought. Tony and McGee look at each other in fear. Gibbs pulls out the attendance, marked it and left the bullpen. "Wow... that's surreal" Abby cringe, "Coffee..." they all said together.
---------------------------------
-Tbc-nova2006-edited
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the feedback.Glad to know that I am on the right track, since English is not my 1st language.Dani n Lisse, thanks for the feedback. Remember, guide me ok, tell me where I go wrong n what to improve