- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
they found the psycho's home, sweet home
Chapter 7 Psycho

As Gibbs arrives, he sees her car and parks behind hers. He gets out of his car…he hears 3 rounds gun shots. He sprints for his life through the stairs, struck by the horror of a person lying face down on a pool of blood. He registers that the body belongs to the PD officers and shouts "KATE!!!" and he hears another gun shot from the end of the corridor, he sees Kate chasing a shadow. He follows her down the stairs… running.

But by the time he catches up with her, the person has already climbed a metal gates that separates the neighborhood, he finds Kate trying to catch her breath and swearing loudly, " damn it' she swears, " I need to get back to my training" , " I think it's the victim's boyfriend Gibbs".
"What the hell are you thinking? Coming here in the middle of the night?" he shouts as he grabs her arm. Kate is shocks by his outburst, jumps back a pace and looks at him " I just remember about pictures in the living room, haven't got the chance to process the living room" she explains to him as calmly as possible, she feels guilty as she sees the worries and angers in his tired eyes.

They hear a couple of cars arrive. She tugs at his arm, putting herself in front of him, looking up at him…pleading out of guilt, "I am sorry, I wasn't thinking, sorry Gibbs, don't be mad, OK? I'm sorry" Gibbs is shocked that Kate is not screaming back at him as she always does.
As O'Brien arrives and Kate starts briefing him about the current situation with Gibbs attached to her. Within minutes James and Roland arrive, to bring back the dead officer back to the autopsy room for Ducky tomorrow.

Kate goes to the living room to collect the pictures. She finds nothing. Nada, Zip. This couldn't be right. She could have sworn she saw framed pictures this afternoon. Then she realizes, "that psycho comes back for his stuff, to get his belongings" she screams in anger "the pictures are gone" she lost all hope and feels drained.

"Kate, report to me at HQ at 0900 hrs, I need you and the others to be ready and fresh, long day ahead of us agent Todd, I can't wait to nail that son of a bitch" he grimly said his commands to her and he looks at Gibbs, "That bastards has played us long enough Gibbs, we have to get him this time".
Kate is speechless as Gibbs drags her to her car. They each drive home in their own car. Kate feels like she is dreaming, on auto pilot mode driving back to her apartment, she is disappointed, she doesn't even realized that Gibbs is following her home.
As she notices his car park beside hers, here we go again…she thought. She doesn't feels like getting out of the car, she just sits there, head slumps on the steering wheels, exhausted, pissed off, disappointed.

Gibbs opens her door, waited. "Can I stay here till it is time to go again?" She asks like a frail little girl not wanting to go to school, he thought… as he pulls her out of the car, "C'mon Katie"
She drags herself up leaning on Gibbs; they hold each other on their way to her apartment. They enter the apartment, she didn't lock her door, he makes a mental note to himself, and he doesn't wish to reprimand her of her decision right now.

Both of them go on "Zombie" mode. No question asks! They are both exhausted from the ordeal. She doesn't even mind that Gibbs decides to stay with her. Kate strips to her undergarment as Gibbs strips to his boxer.

From the opposite side they pull the bed cover, slip under and meet in the middle of the bed. The couple Kiss goodnight and Kate falls asleep within seconds facing his chest with her head resting on his neck and one hand on his chest. Without success, Gibbs tries to stays awake for a few minutes more, to savor the feeling, how good and right he feels being with her, he decides that when all of this over, he will have her forever, but he falls asleep anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Killer's POV
I walk towards my apartment again…Bloody bitch.
I recognize the two older agents who were on my tail years ago.
Today they almost got me. And that bitch almost ruins everything, rummaging my apartment, violating my fucking domain. They will pay; I'll make sure of that.
---------------------------------------------------

Kate and Gibbs arrive at the HQ at the same time. Not much said and done after a quick kiss on her forehead, they go their separate ways; Kate's to O'Brien's and Gibbs' to his.
When Kate arrives in O'Brien's, he is not there and she decides to go Abby. "Hi Abby girl" she greets her, "Kate!!!" she jumps on her and starts complaining about her days and how Gibbs has been busting her ass...
"But, I got your result". "TA…DA… Fetus DNA matches the rape kit DNA results. So…they are related Kate…" Abby winched.
"That's awful Abby…" Kate couldn't believe the results; "I know there is a 90 chance that the rapist is the fetus's donor" Abby said.
"Hits on AVIS yet?" Kate wonders…"Nope, running through, let you know when it hit"

Kate is frustrated beyond belief, she feels like the case is leading them around in circle. She is missing something important; she walks to her bullpen to collects her files. Greeted by crazed Tony and confused McGee, listening to the boys how Gibbs mistreats them before the elevator doors open, Gibbs and Special agent James enter.

"Dinozzo…don't you have work to do?" Gibbs barks at him
"Yes boss", "hey James, what are you doing here? Wrong floor my man…confused?" Tony asks him.
"Uhh…no…I am …I am looking for Kate" James doesn't know how to answer, uncomfortable with Gibbs' bullpen, intimidated with his surrounding.
"Hey hey hey, she is ours…go away probie…shoo shooo…shooo" Tony try to chase him away.
"TONY", "DINOZZO", Gibbs and Kate shouts in unison. "But…boss!!" Tony is pissed
"Be nice Tony, they've been very nice to me" Kate is pissed; she is rather fond of the young agent James.
"Let's go James…C'mon" as she grabs her stuff. "Tony, you can follow them, O'Brien already knows about it" Gibbs said which is followed by a laud cheery whoopee from Tony, following them to the elevator.

On the way to the crime scene, Tony talks non stop, about his numerous dates, his hair, his good look, his special skills. Kate rolls her eyes. "Tony, shut up!" she stares at him.
"Aww… you miss me Kate?" He continues hugging her.
When they arrive, Roland is on his way to his truck. Looking pale, Kate thought, the smell and the condition must be worse, it's been 3 days.

"Ok, guys, we'll continue processing the scene, while Roland brings back samples to lab" Kate instructs James and Tony as they go up the stairs.
They start working, Kate and Tony at the door to back track and James finishing the living room, the last area to be completed. Tony takes a look around the scene and he turns green." I'll dust for prints" he said. "I'll take pictures from the door…out" Kate starts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director's office
"… That is the reason why the changes is necessary for the success of my team" O'Brien states his case to the carrot top director who is sitting smugly in her chair; while Gibbs is practically grinds his teeth. It's been half an hour, sitting there, listening and giving rare nods.
The Director looks at her former fling as sweetly as possible "So, Jethro, I hope you can understand and accept my decision… and I'll be waiting for your paperwork at soon as possible", replies with a nod from Gibbs and he walks out the office.
----------------------------------------

Tony couldn't believe his luck, hundreds of prints along the corridor as he painstakingly processes the area. Kate is following her track from last night, she hears Tony shouting at her "HEY KATE…kitty…kitty…kitty…how are you doing there? ANYTHING INTERESTING?" he flashes his grin.

Kate gives him her stern look," no need to shout Tony" she smiles and shakes her head, she misses him.
She readjusts her cap, working under NCIS jacket and cap under such heat, poor James…she thought, but she is sure that they will be able to finally complete the processing within 1-2 hours.

She meticulously treads the asphalt under her feet, hoping that the suspect leave some evidence while he escaped. She reaches the high fence that stopped her last night; she unhooks her backpack and climbs over the fence, reaching the closed dumpster on the other side as she jumps down to the grown.
"Wow…what a hot day" she grumbles, but before she has the chance to turn her body around, she is grabs from behind. Her mouth and nose are pressed by a cloth with a strong smells, she kicks him as hard as she could, and then everything goes dark.

"Dinozzo" Tony answers his phone, "Yes, boss"; it's his grumpy old boss on the phone, checking on him…"We are finishing boss, the probie is done too" Tony said "Where's Kate, Tony?" Gibbs asks
"Our girl is with us, don't worry boss, when Tony's around, everything is AOKAY" he exclaims.
"I call her and she didn't answer" Gibbs replies impatiently.

"KATIIIIEEE……"Tony bellows, "YOUR OLD BOSS WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!!" Gibbs winches at the noise. Tony is looking down where he saw her last, strange he thought, from far he can only see her backpack near a fence.
"She was down there a few minutes ago boss" He answers Gibbs' nightmare.
"Dinozzo, look for her, GOD DAMN IT" Gibbs shouts at his cell, "On it boss" Tony off his cell and runs down…"C'mon Kate, our grouchy boss A.K.A your lover will chew my ass off, don't go AWOL on me Kate" Tony talks to himself.

His worries became fear as he reaches the fence, saw her backpack on his side of the fence and her shattered camera and cap on the other side. He calls Gibbs. "You found her?" Gibbs answers "Boss, I think she was taken" Gibbs closes his mobile.
Gibbs informs O'Brien as he steps on the gas pedal of his car. By the time O'Brien and his team reached the area, Gibbs, Tony, James and McGee are bagging the evidence that Kate left.
"She was taken from the other side of the fence" He is pissed as hell, barking orders to his people.

Gibbs, Tony, Roland and James continue to search for Kate along the alleys while O'Brien and McGee go back to HQ to process the evidence and call for back up.
"McGee set on GPS to search her, call me if you find her signal", "Katie where the hell are you" He whispers in fear.
-------------------------------------

She is in hell. Her head is spinning; the ground under her is wet. She feels an excruciating pain in her head, tears escapes as the acute pain continues and she also realize that she can't move even though her limbs are not bound. She is thirsty and cold.
Damn it, Kate tries to find her bearings by raising her head, but the slightest movement causes a searing headache and she pukes. She lies her head down again to regains any comfort. She can't think, she can't move and she falls unconscious again.

-Tbc-nova2006-edited
Chapter End Notes:
let me know what you think. any suggestion for the next chapter? I am running dry