- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lunch is had. Prints are found.
Chapter 4


Five minutes later they were sitting together at a booth in a pizza parlor. Tony didn't eat much, but instead was watching her. God, he loved a girl who could eat. Those tiny blondes were entertaining, but they never ate anything. He loved the way her shoulder length hair fell into her face as she leaned over to snag another piece. Was she the one? And if she was would he be able to commit to a relationship> Yes, he decided, for her, he could.

Don't kid yourself Tony, he thought to himself, she would never go for you. You're just friends, for now at least. She was chatting away about school and he nodded, not really listening. He glanced at his watch.

"Crap, I have to go," he said, "Sorry." They both stood.


"I'll see you…around?" he hoped he didn't sound as awkward as he felt.

"Definitely," she replied, brushing his lips with her own in a soft kiss, before hurrying out of the restaurant.

"Definitely," he echoed to himself as he stood frozen on the spot.


Ten minutes later Tony was in Abby's lab. Because of his not knowing sign language their conversation was short and loud. A jackhammer was pounding on the cement next to them.

"PRINTS?" He asked yelling. She yelled back.

"PARTIAL!"

"RUNNING?"

"YEAH!"

"HITS?"

"NOT YET!"

"WHAT?"

"NOT Y-" tired of yelling; she grabbed his arm and pulled him into the hallway, where it was much quieter.

"I'm running the prints as fast as I can nothing yet. I'll call you when I get something," she said, before ducking back into the lab as he continued towards the elevator. Before he had gone two steps Abby called after him.

"Tony," she said, "We got a hit. You still dating that Melissa chick?"
Chapter End Notes:
This one's short, sorry.