- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The actual clubbing begins, and transfers into something a little more.
Chapter 6


At first he had thought she was just messing with him, acting flirty just to get him back to his usual outgoing, female chasing, self. Now he wasn't so sure, although at this point in their drinking escapade he wasn't so sure about anything. He, at least, was drunk, although he couldn't quite recall Abby actually drinking anything at all.

They were at a club, one that Abby had chosen. He vaguely remembered her dragging him in, sitting him down at the bar, and ordering him a beer, before going off and chatting up a couple of tall thin blondes. After that she had disappeared for a while, and the blondes, probably on Abby's orders had come over to chat. He shrugged off their questions and their attempts at flirtascious conversation. Soon they left, looking disappointed and huffy. Abby appeared suddenly by his side.

"You're not being any fun. They just wanted to flirt with you," she told him, before dragging him out and driving him to another club down the road.

"You're going to have fun at this one," she insisted. They walked inside. This club was a lot more crowded than the first. Abby got him another beer, before dragging him onto the dance floor. It was then that he began to loosen up. They danced, and danced and danced.

It felt so natural, the sparks of electricity that tingled up his spine when they touched. She'd laugh and plant a quick kiss, right on his lips. He didn't even register that it was love, until he kissed back. What made him notice? The beer? The music? Or maybe it was just his imagination, but whatever the reason, he did it, in between songs. He simply scooped her up into his arms, pulling her close against his body, and leaned in. The whole club froze to watch. They began to applaud as he finally pulled away. He looked down at her with a slightly embarrassed grin.

"Told you you'd have fun," she said laughing. They made their way out, through the crowd and somehow only one thought penetrated his dazed mind. In the morning he was gonna have one hell of a hang-over.