- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby gets a new assistant.

The woman signed the last page and returned the documents to the pretty redhead across from her.


"That's the last one." Director Shepard assured her. "Glad to have you on board." She stood to shake her hand.


"It's great to be working here, ma'am." The woman said.


"Let me take you to your new station." The two women walked through the bullpen, which was thankfully empty. Taking the elevator down to the lab, they stepped out to music blaring. The lab tech was standing at her main computer typing furiously and muttering to herself about getting information before Gibbs calls in.


"Abby." Director Shepard said loudly, getting her attention.


Abby turned and cocked her head to the side with a look that said ‘can't you see I'm busy?' "Yes, Director, what can I do for you today?"


Director Shepard paused, knowing how badly this went last time. "Abby, I'd like to introduce you to Carly, your new assistant."


Abby's eyes narrowed. "You do remember the last assistant you tried to foist on me tried to frame Tony for murder and kill me? Do you think it's smart to send someone else down here? You know I work better alone."


"I know, Abby. Believe me, if we weren't behind, I wouldn't do this. I would simply assign her somewhere else. The truth is, we are behind and you need extra hands."


To this point, the newcomer had been standing there taking in her surroundings, but she spoke up here, "You'd be my boss. I would only do what you tell me to. And look at the bright side," she hurried to add when those green eyes locked on her with hostility, "you get a raise as well."


"Is that true? I get a raise for taking her?" Abby asked, nodding her head in the newbie's direction.


"Yes, this time it's true. You get a raise for all your hard work and for taking on a new assistant." The Director confirmed. "I'll leave you two to get acquainted."


Abby watched until the elevator doors shut and then jumped up and down. "You got the job!"