- Text Size +
"So you done it yet?" Abby asked her friend.
"Yeah...i'm gonna have a baby. The pregancy test was positive."
The friends grinned at eachother and when Abby tackle hugged Kate they danced around the lab squealing with excitement. Finally they stopped and sat down next to Bert on the futon which was rolled out as Abby had spent the night at NCIS doing a couple of tests.
"So. Who's the father? Did you tell Greg yet?"
"I'm gonna tell him tongiht. The father is Donor #325. American, Italian background, Handsome, works for the navy, i don't think it said he was in the navy or anything. I can't remember."
"Um...what else?" Abby asked, wondering if what she was thinking was right, which probably was as her gut was almost as good as Gibbs'.
"Erm..." Kate struggled to remember "Wait a sec, i have his donor sheet in my purse."
Kate took a peice of paper out of her purse and read it aloud "Donor #325, Tall, handsome american with an italian background. Has worked as a cop, and a special agent with the Navy. Only child, no history of twins or more in his family. Describes himelf as looking like Michael Weatherly except 'even more handsome'."
"Erm...Kate?"
"You do realize who yor having a baby with don't you?"
"Yeah of course, i only wen't to the donor clinic because Greg is infertile. He doesn't mind, he really liked the sound of this guy."
""Kate!! I'm talking about the donor! Your having a baby with Tony!"
Of course! Kate was stunned that she had not figured that out herself. Before she had met Greg all Kate had wanted to do was hook up with Tony and have a family. Greg ahd helped her got over that, he was such a romantic and everything she had been looking for in a guy, handsome, funny, a personality to rival Tony's and looking to settle down and start a family. Oh, and the bad boy past that Kate loved.
"Erm...Kate?? You in there??" Abby asked waving her hand infront of Kate's stunned face.
"How did i not see that??? I mean, who else describes themselves as 'even more handsome' than Michael Weatherly!?"
"Well...erm. No one."
"What am I going to do, i only just got over him and now i'm having a baby with him that's gonna be fathered by another man. I have to tell Greg about my feelings for Tony."
"Kate, no!"
"I have to Abs, i love Greg, i can't lie to him. Every time i see this baby it'll remind me of Tony, even if it doesn't look like him."
"I suppose, but be careful. I mean you know his temper, one minute he's fine the next he's looks as if hes about to kill someone because the milkman brings full-fat instead of semi-skimmed milk."
"Abby..."
"Okay so i'm exaggerating but still, he did almost kill his ex-wife."
"He's not like that anymore Abs, i swear. Those anger manegment classes worked."
"Fine. You know i'm only worried about you Kate. After all, if you die, who will I have slumber parties with where we stay up all night watching horror flicks, as if we're 18 again, even though we have work the next day?"
"There's always McGee." Kate says Making a gesture with her eyebrows that plainly suggests that Abby and McGee are more than just good friends.
Abby throws bert at Kate who had got up to leave the lab before Abby could get what she was insinuating. Bert misses and lands on the floor with a 'phhhrrr'. Kate leaves the lab laughing.