- Text Size +
"Abby, I need help. Tony's coming over at 7, he's gonna cook for me."
"Awwwww that's so sweet, I'm just stuck with microwave meal for one tonight."
"Abs! What should I wear? I need to look *fabulous* tonight."
"I've got it. I have this gorgeous sapphire blue, strappy minidress. It would look great on you *and* it's go great with those rocks on your finger."
"Brilliant, can you bring it round? Like now?"
"Already on my way Kate, see you in 5." Abby laughed down her cell.

"It's gorgeous Abs, but when did *you* ever wear a blue minidress?"
"It may have been part of a Halloween costume for me but it looks glamorous as hell on you."
"That it does. What did you go as?" Kate said, admiring her reflection in the mirror. Abby had straightened her hair for her and clipped it back with sliver slides.
"I went as…you know, I can't remember, I think it was in high school actually." Abby laughed.
Kate laughed. They heard a knock at the door. "That's Tony! He's early!" Kate said excitedly running to the door.
"Hey Abs, Hi Kate." Tony said, stepping in carrying flowers and a bag of groceries and giving Kate a polite kiss on the cheek.
"see ya Kate. Have fun guys." Abby said, leaving.
"Kate, you look amazing! Even more than usual, if that's possible."
It may have been the oldest line in the book but it still worked on Kate. She blushed and took the flowers from Tony so she could put them in water. They were the most beautiful arrangement Kate had ever seen. Roses, many different shades of white and blue. Kate was lost for words.

Kate watched Tony cook, he made it a performance just for her. He was amazing, and when they sat down to eat Kate discovered that the food was amazing too. ‘Even I can't cook this well' she though, and smiled at him. They ate, they flirted and they chatted and finally they finished the spaghetti bolognaise that Tony had so wonderfully made.
"You wanna watch a movie or something?" Kate asked, wiping the sauce from her mouth.
"Sure, I'll just clear up in here, you go pick one."
"Okay." Kate said, standing up, giving Tony a short kiss and making her way to the living room. She got just inside the living room and stopped in her tracks. She didn't want to be in this room, this house even. Too many memories of Greg.
Tony finished clearing up in the kitchen and went to the living room, where he found Kate standing, still as a statue, staring round the room, as she had been for the past twenty minutes.
"Come on Kate, I'm taking you out for a drink." Tony said, grabbing their coats from the coat stand just inside the door, "and your staying at mine tonight."
Tony knew if she stayed here, Kate would be driven mad by memories of Greg.