- Text Size +
"You know, I really shouldn't be drinking." Kate said. "It's bad for the baby."
"So just have non-alcoholic drinks then." Tony said as they approached the bar.
"Hey Kate!" said the barman, recognising her, "vodka and coke?"
"Jus the coke tonight Jerry."
"Are you…?" Jerry said glancing at Kate's flat stomach.
"Yes, isn't it great?"
"Absolutely," said Jerry coming round the bar to give Kate a congratulatory hug. "so who's the father?" he asked, letting go.
"That would be me." Tony said. Jerry grabbed his hands and shook them. "Tony." He introduced himself.
"Well you are one lucky guy, you two must be so happy.." Jerry was beaming.
"We are." They replied.
"And we're engaged." Kate held out her hand to show him the ring.
"This is brilliant. Drinks on the house tonight!!" Jerry exclaimed excitedly in a high pitched voice. Tony got eh impression Jerry was ever so slightly gay.
"No- we couldn't Jerry." Kate started.
"Well at least let me buy you your first drinks." Jery said.
"Fine." They said as they sat down at the bar.

They had a great time, with each other and chatting to Jerry in-between him serving other customers. Tony learned that Jerry was indeed gay and that he had been Kate's college roommate's brother.
"The man at the end of the bar would like to buy you your next drink." Jerry said to Kate, handing her another glass of coke.
"Sure why not." Said Kate, taking a sip. She wasn't drunk but she was giddy with excitement. "Hey Jerry, this doesn't taste right. Is there alcohol in it?"
"Of course not." Jerry said. "I wouldn't do that to the baby."
"Tony, is it just me? Do you think it doesn't taste right?" Kate passed Tony her drink. He took a sip.
"It's not alcohol, but it's not just coke either. I don't think you should drink any more of this." He said, pushing the drink towards Jerry.
"I'm so sorry Kate, I swear I didn't put anything in it. Don't you think you should do your little CSI thing on it and find out what it is?"
"Good idea Jerry, have you got any empty plastic bottles?" said Kate.
"I have a plastic picnic cup, would that work?"
"Yeah." Jerry went up the stairs to his apartment above the bar and came back a few minutes later holding a hot pink cup with and even hotter pink lid. Kate poured her drink into it, thanked Jerry then left with Tony.
"Did you see the guy that bought you the drink?"
"No, but if my suspicions are right, I'd be prepared to bet my life on it being a certain secret service agent."
Chapter End Notes:
i have edited this chatper and i am going to edit chatpers 12 and 13 too so that they are now in english, i am sorry for whateveer mix up happened. i definetly wrote them in english (that's the only language i could write them in) so i don't knwo what has happened.