- Text Size +
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news again Kate, but being the only forensic scientist in this place, I don't really have a choice." Abby said as Kate and Tony entered her lab.
"Abby, what was in my drink?" Kate asked, chewing nervously on her thumb-nail.
"Well it's pretty new to the market, only just perfected. It's an abortion drug. It dissolves in your drink, is consumed by the pregnant lady and you only have to take it once for the baby to be a gonner." Abby said, attempting to break it gently.
"I only took a sip or two, could the baby still be in danger?" Kate said attempting to hold back tears.
"I'm no expert on this drug but I'd say your baby will be fine. Just be careful what you drink, and who you accept drinks from."
"It's him, it has to be." Kate said, sobbing into Tony's shoulder. "He's gonna try everything to make sure this baby isn't born."
"Are you sure it's Greg, I mean he was shot in the shoulder and leg a couple of days ago. Wouldn't he still be in hospital or something?" Tony said.
"Only one way to find out." Said McGee, entering the lab. "Jerry sent over there CCTV videos of his bar last night. He thought you might need them, to find out who the mystery drinks buyer was."
"Well Jerry certainly has a smart head on his shoulders." Abby said, taking the tapes from McGee," so what's he doing working in a bar?"
"It was his lifelong dream aparantly" said Tony, laughing, stil holding onto Kate.
"Okay, there's like a load of tapes hear. Could you maybe give me a time frame to work with?" said Abby staring at the pile of tapes.
"Well we left he bar about 11pm so I'd check out eh tape marked 9pm – 11pm."
"Cool." Abby put the tape in and switched on one of her many screens. There, on the screen, sitting at the bar where Tony and Kate, talking to Jerry. The time in the bottom right hand corner of the screen showed 21:34.
"Fast forward a bit Abs, it was way after that." Kate said. She had removed her head from Tony's comforting shoulder and had turned round to watch the tape. Abby fast forwarded and when the tape in the bottom right hand corner showed about 22:23 Kate said, "Stop. Who's that limping up to sit at the bar?"
Abby stopped the tape and magnified the picture, zooming in on the man Kate had pointed out. The man was limping and you could just see a square bandage patch on his shoulder, just peeking from under his shirt.