- Text Size +
They turned round, Kate McGee and Tony with their guns raised, and saw Greg at the doorway, also with a gun raised.
"I couldn't then, but things change." Kate said quietly, it was half true, what he'd said. She didn't *want* to shoot him, but she would if she had to.
"Like what?"
"Oh, I don't know, but maybe it has something to do with you attacking me with a broken glass bottle, or programming a bomb to detonate at the sound of my voice and blow me to smithereens. Or possibly drugging me to get rid of the baby, or maybe it could be the fact that you currently have a 9mm pointed at me. Take your pick, either way I have no problem shooting you, and I'm sure there guys don't either." Kate said, struggling to stay calm.
"I wouldn't have done any of that if I didn't have to."
"If you didn't have to! What the hell makes you think you have to!?" Abby cried.
"If I were you Abby." Greg sneered," I would shut up. You are not armed, I am. You're a clever girl, figure it out."
"okay Greg, you're right. I don't *want* to shoot you. But please, why are you doing this" Kate pleaded.
"My life is over. You're the only thing I have…*had*. The baby was supposed to give me a new life, with you. But then I found out it was *his*" Greg gestured with his gun at Tony.
"I didn't know that would affect you like this. It didn't make any difference to me."
"Didn't make any difference!? You were having the love of your life's baby and it ‘didn't make any difference'!!"
"I was going to have a baby with *you*!"
"But the fact that Tony was the father would always be in the back of your mind."
"No it wouldn't." Kate lied.
"You know how I feel about liars Katie."
"Don't call me Katie." Kate said through gritted teeth.
"Why not? You used to love it."
"I think you lost the right to call me Katie when you swung that broken bottle in my face."
"Kate, come on. I didn't want any of this."
Suddenly the power came back on.
"Well you only have yourself to blame." Kate said. Suddenly Greg directed his gun at Tony.
"Greg, you need to stop this. You have never had any reason to be jealous of Tony."
"Kate, you're engaged to the guy! Tell me the truth, you were wishing I was him for the whole of our relationship. Weren't you!?"
"Yeah." Kate said sarcastically, "I was wishing you were him." Kate rolled her eyes.
"Greg, obviously not taking in the sarcasm, cocked his gun, focusing determinedly on Tony.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A voice came from behind Greg. Greg turning round, saw Gibbs also pointing a gun at him. Noticing he had no other option, what with having four federal agents pointing guns at him, Greg dropped his gun and raised his hands in surrender. Gibbs cuffed him as Tony picked up his gun. Tony and Gibbs roughly dragged Greg up to an interrogation room followed by McGee.

"Wow, I really need to start carrying a gun." Abby said to Kate, who was deep in thought.
"What did he mean? When he said his life was over." Kate said distractedly. "He is a secret service agent, he's good looking, comes from a rich family. Why did he say his life was over?" She looks up at Abby.
"I don't know. Maybe he meant losing you." Abby suggested.
"No," Kate shook her head slowly. "I could see it in his eyes. There was something else, I just know it."
"Hey Kate, honey. Gibbs is gonna interrogate him soon. I thought you might want to be there." Tony came into the lab.
"Yeah, there's a few things I need to know." Kate stood up.
"Are you sure Kate, I mean after all the crap he's-" Abby started.
"I have to Abby. I have to know." Kate said, leaving with Tony.