- Text Size +
"What the hell do you mean I can't keep him in custody? He made threats against my team and waved a gun in their faces!"
"I'm sorry Jethro, but he was against three armed federal agents, he wasn't exactly holding them hostage." Jenny said calmly as Gibbs stormed into her office. "You have no reason to keep him here."
"Other than the fact he's after two members of my team." Gibbs raised his voice.
"You have no proof." Jenny said, still calm.
"He admitted it! I have the tape!! He threatened them right in front of me!!" Gibbs yelled.
"I'm sorry Jethro, you have no proof that he meant that threat, he could've-"
"He tried to blow her up!!" Gibbs interrupted.
"It won't stand in court Jethro!" Jenny was getting frustrated now.
"Who's side are you on *director*" Gibbs said, leaving the room even angrier than he was when he entered.

"Release him." Gibbs said, walking into the squad-room, still furious.
"But boss-" Tony stood up from behind his desk.
"I said release him DiNozzo! Director Shepard's orders."
Tony left the squad room followed by Gibbs.
"Since when did Gibbs follow Director's orders instead of his gut?" McGee asked Abby.
"Don't ask me, even I don't know how his mind works." Abby replied, still staring after Gibbs.

*10 minutes later*

Abby and McGee are working at McGee's computer. As usual, McGee sitting on his chair, Abby standing, arms around him, typing away at his keyboard.
Kate comes into the squad room peaky and pale.
"How's that morning sickness Kate?" Abby asks, looking up as Kate rummages through her desk drawers.
"They should just call it ‘making-you-hate-your-baby-before-its-even-born' sickness. This is way past morning." Kate says, shoving a few tic-tacs into her mouth.
Suddenly they hear a commotion coming from down the hall.
"Tony" Abby mutters worriedly.
"What about Tony?" Kate asks.
"He was told to go and release Greg." Abby says.
Kate and McGee grab their guns and head towards the commotion.

"Come any closer and I'll do it." Greg says.
He is surrounded by several armed agents including Gibbs, Kate and McGee, and is backing down and empty corridor leading to the elevator. He is holding a knife to Tony's throat, Tony is trying to remain calm but his forehead is covered in sweat and he is barely able to stop himself from shaking
"You don't want to do this Greg. You were just about to be released. You could've started your life over." Gibbs said. He had to keep Greg talking, none of the agents had a clear shot where they could shoot Greg without harming Tony.
"I told you agent Gibbs. I'm not going to stop until they're dead." Greg said. He was shaking even more than Tony.
"Even if it means dying yourself? Look around you Greg. There are a dozen agents here who wont hesitate to shoot if you so much as look like you're going to harm Tony."
"I don't care. I know none of you have a clear shot at hitting me without this knife slitting Tony's throat in the process."
Kate saw out of the corner of her eye an armed figure coming up the empty corridor behind Greg. Greg hadn't seemed to have noticed yet.
"You don't have to do this Greg." Gibbs tried.
Greg lowered the knife slowly but suddenly turned Tony round and brought back the knife. He was going to plunge the knife into Tony's stomach but before he could, a shot saw fired. He fell down and a pool of his blood began to spread. Behind him, gun raised, was Jenny.