- Text Size +
"I hate to say I told you so…" Gibbs smiles at Jen.
"Oh wipe that grin off your face Jethro. I agree that releasing Greg wasn't the best of ideas, but if we hadn't, the bastard wouldn't be dead. He'd still be after Kate, Tony and the baby."
"I suppose. And good shot by the way. I must admit that, for a second there, I didn't think we would get him. None of us had a shot that wouldn't have resulted in DiNozzo suffering a lethal cut to the throat."
"Well thank you Jethro. I haven't handled a gun in a while and I'm surprised I even shot on target."
"The agent in you never goes away Jen."

"Well after all that action, I think I need a quiet night in. How about dinner at my place?" Tony said as he sat alone with Kate in the squad room. Gibbs was still talking with the director and McGee had been down in Abby's lab for a suspiciously long time.
"Sure, that sounds great. I'd offer to cook but, after your feast, my attempt at cooking would be almost as bad as Gibbs'." Kate laughed.
"Don't worry, we'll order in. Then we can watch a movie or something. Hey, what do you think is taking McGee so long?"
"Oh come on Tony, he's with Abby. So they're either playing with some computer programme or they're having some hinky fun, Abby style."
"I think I'd take a guess at option number two." Tony said, his eyes wide with surprise, staring in the direction of the elevator.
McGee walked out of the elevator smiling and attempting to act normally.
"McGee!! You did it in Abby's lab!!" Tony said, a little too loudly.
McGee looked around.
"What makes you think that?" he said.
"I dunno Probie! Maybe the ‘I just got laid' smile on your face or the black lipstick on your neck and face, or maybe the fact that your shirt is wrongly buttoned up and, whoa!, tucked into your unzipped fly."
McGee's face reddened and he quickly walked to the men's room to sort himself out.
Tony turns to face Kate who is laughing almost hysterically.
"Hey, how come we haven't done it at work?" Tony asks her when she calms down.
"Because I'm not Abby." She answers, still slightly red in the face from laughing.
"Damn it, I knew I should have asked Abby to marry me." He jokes and receives a slap on the back of the head as Gibbs enters the squad room.
"Don't joke like that with pregnant women DiNozzo, they don't like it." Gibbs said, sitting down at his desk. Kate laughed at the look of ‘how the hell does he do that' on Tony's face.

"Well that dinner was amazing Kate." Tony said as he finished his food.
"All I did was order." Kate laughed.
"And you did a damn good job of it." Tony was laughing too.
Tony put his containers on the table and stretched his arms, pulling Kate into a hug. He let go and as her head sat in his lap he began to stroke her hair softly.
"I love you Kate. I'm so glad this baby brought us together, even if it nearly got me killed." Tony started off seriously then ended up laughing.
"I love you too…"
"But…?"
"Do you think we'd be together if it wasn't for this baby?"
"Of course!"
"Tony…" Kate looked up at him. "I'm trying to be serious here."
"Okay…we wouldn't, but I'd still love you."
"Do you think I'd have stayed with Greg? And married him?" Kate was terrified at the thought.
"Probably…but I don't think you would have stayed with him for long. His mean side would have come through eventually, hopefully before you'd married him."
"I love you, and as you found out from Greg, I've had feelings for you for ages."
"We're supposed to be trained investigators! How could we have worked along side each other for so long and not realize?" Tony laughed.
"I don't know, but that's not what's important now. What's important now is that we both know and we're having a baby together. And the one person who wanted to take it all away from us is dead" Kate reached up to kiss Tony.
He stopped her and said worriedly, "There's still his brother."
Chapter End Notes:
This is the last chapter of Donor #325. There are plans for a sequel (which i have all planned out in my head already) but i'm not sure yet whether i'll leave it to imagination or if i'll actually write the sequel.
Thanks for reading. :D