- Text Size +
"Greg, baby?" Kate said as they were eating in the restaurant
"Yeah Kate?"
"I have some really great news."
"We're getting a big screen tv?" Greg guessed jokingly. His personality really did rival Tony's sometimes.
"No Greg not yet." Kate laughed, "We're having a baby!"
Greg smiled, not his usual cheesy grin, a genuinely happy smile. He pulls his chair closer to Kate's and reaches out to give her a hug. She puts up her arms to stop him.
"Katie baby. What's wrong?" he said, his sensitive mature side showing. ‘God he can be like Tony sometimes' Kate thought.
"Nothing's wrong Greg, it's just…well you know the donor?"
"Yeah. Donor #325. How could I forget. Handsome, Italian-American, works with the navy."
"No, I mean his identity. Who he is."
"Katie, you don't seriously want to meet the guy do you. Come on…" he reached for Kate's hands "Even if the guy is a murderer, that's not something that's passed down from father to child Kate." He laughs.
"Greg!! I know who the guy is."
"How?? The donor clinic is completely anonymous. How did you track him down? Kate? Tell me you didn't go psycho-stalker on some guy."
"No Greg. I did not go ‘psycho-stalker' on anyone. I figured out who the guy was from his donor profile. Well actually Abby was the one who figured it out."
"So…who is it? Anyone I know?"
"Erm…it's Tony." Kate said biting her lip, waiting for his reaction.
"Tony?" said Greg, not quite catching on.
"Agent DiNozzo."
"Oh." Greg said, biting back the urge to shout. Kate hadn't actually told him but he knew about Kate's feelings for Tony and, the amount of times that he had gone to the bar for drinks with Tony, he knew Tony felt the same way about Kate. It was pretty obvious, Tony was always saying things like ‘you're lucky to have her' and ‘Sometimes I wish I could be you' and once even ‘If I didn't love her so much I might actually like you'. Of course, when he said that last one he was hammered out of his mind, but the truth was there.
Greg had been silent for about ten minutes. Kate sat awkwardly with his hands over hers, not quite knowing what to say. Surely Greg couldn't know what she felt about Tony.
"Erm…Greg? Whatcha thinking about?"
"Oh, sorry honey. Just can't wait to be a father, that's all." He said sweetly, it was completely false but Kate didn't seem to notice.
‘Awwwww' Kate thought ‘I just have the best fiancé ever'. Greg always made Kate's heart melt when he said such sweet things. She put her arms round his shoulders and gave him a short, sweet kiss.
"Erm…about Tony."
"Yeah?"
"You're not going to tell him are you?"
"It'll be pretty hard, I mean I work with the guy Greg. And…well I've never told you this because I've never had a reason to before, but I had these feelings for Tony. Really strong feelings that I didn't think I could ever get over until I found you."
"It's okay Kate, I know.
"How?" Kate said, half shocked, half relieved that she didn't have to completely explain.
"You forget, I'm still a profiler for the secret service."
"Oh. So your okay with it?"
"Well…you're over him aren't you?"
"Um…"
Greg stood up laid 50 bucks on the table and left the restaurant leaving Kate mid-sentence.
Chapter End Notes:
Kinda short but i hope you'll still enjoy.