- Text Size +
Greg turned round to find Abby pointing a gun at him.
"Where the hell did you get a gun?" he asked.
"Kate's spare, found it in one of the kitchen drawers. When I heard her screaming I picked it up so I could help her, and defend myself, against the intruder…who turns out to be you. Abby said, rather calmly, considering.
"You wouldn't shoot me though, would you?"
"Depends, god knows I've wanted to since the day we met." Abby replied, not lowering the gun.
"Yeah, I've been meaning to ask, why is that?"
"I did a little background check on you, turns out you have somewhat a history of violence towards women."
"What makes you think that?" Greg's hand gripping the bottle slightly tighter.
"I dunno, maybe the three ex's you killed in cold blood, the other seven you beat regularly, the two you stalked obsessively or maybe it's the ex wife you beat into a coma. Did you know she ended up dying as a result of that beating?"
"That was not my fault you nosy bithc!" Greg shouted, running towards Abby with the broken bottle in hand, but Abby was too quick for him, seeing what was going to happen, she fired the gun. It hit him in the shoulder but he was barely down when he got back op and came for her again, even more angered. " You stupid cow, none of it was any of your business."
He attempted to swing the bottle at Abby but the bullet in his shoulder made that somewhat difficult. He just managed to make a scratch in her upper arm before Abby shot again. She hit him in the leg but he managed to stand up and run away, out of the door. He was too fast for Abby and she was out of bullets.

I'm sorry I didn't believe you Abs." Kate said when she woke up in hospital the next day. "I guess I owe my life to you now."
"You would have done the same if the roles were reversed."
"Probably, but I really should have listened to you Abs."
"Kate, its okay. I understand. Greg had that whole charmer thing going on."
"But I loved him." Kate said, beginning to cry. "I know kate, it's not your fault, you didn't see his bad side. I only know ‘coz I did a background check on him."
"You did a background check on him!?" Kate said sharply.
"I told you, there was just something dodgy about him."
"Kate's anger turned into a laugh. "Thanks Abs." Kate started crying again.
"Kate? What's up?" Abby said, concerned.
"The baby!"
"What baby?" said a familiar voice from the door-way.
"Um- hi Tony." Kate said, wiping the tears from her eyes.
"Well Kate, what baby?"
"Um- Well DiNozzo. I'm having your baby."