- Text Size +
Kate let this information sink in and Abby sneaked out of the room as a confused and stunned Anthony DiNozzo stood just inside the doorway as still as a statue staring at Kate.
"Um- how? Your wh-? Come again?" said Tony scratching his head.
"Relax Tony, there was no drunken night that you've forgotten. It was from a donation you made to a sperm bank."
Still looking confused Tony said, "Did you, um-. Did you know it was mine?"
"Not until Abby told me." Kate said, "By then I was already pregnant."
"I didn't even know you and Greg were trying," he said.
"We were, but he was infertile so we decided on a sperm donor. One of the files the clinic gave us was yours. And by the way, who describes themselves as 'even more handsome' than Michael Weatherly'?" Kate laughed. Tony joined in.
"So, are you gonna keep it?" he said, returning to seriousness and deep in thought.
"Of course I am. It may not have a father at the moment but it'll have so many uncles at NCIS it probably won't need one.2
"I'll um- I'll be the father." Tony said. "That is if you'll let me Kate."
"You'll what?" Kate said, hoping this meant what she thought.
"Well I-m, um- I'm already the kid's biological dad. Why not just go the whole deal and give the kid a proper family. I love you Kate."
"You do?" said Kate, almost lost for words.
"Of course I do Kate. Always have. This baby has just let me get up the courage to admit it."
‘From the way he's talking you wouldn't think he'd only known about the baby for five minutes' thought Kate.
"I'm gonna kill Abby." Kate muttered, laughing.
"You're what? Why? Said Tony. He obviously thought he'd said something wrong.
"Don't worry Tony, nothing to do with you. Now, this baby, you don't have to have anything to do with it if you don't want to."
"Kate I told you, I love you."
"Yeah, but-"
"Kate. The only think this baby has to do with me telling you this is the wake-up call it gave me." Tony said taking Kate's hands in his.
"I love you too Tony, I'd kiss you if my face didn't hurt so much." They laughed and Tony kissed her on the not-slashed, or bruised, side of her face.

"When?" Kate asked Abby. Tony had gone to get them some coffee and Abby had come back to see Kate.
"When what Kate?" said Abby, confused.
"When did you tell him I was pregnant, with his child?"
"How the hell did you know I'd even told him?" Abby asked, amazed.
"He was talking like he'd known about the baby for way longer than the five minutes since I'd told him."
"Sorry. You're not mad are you?"
"Of course not Abs. If you hadn't told him he probably wouldn't have had the courage to tell me he loved me. He'd probably have run away."
"I *knew* he loved you, I knew it!" Kate laughed at the look of triumph on her friends face.
"So when are the rest of the team coming?" she asked.
"Well, Gibbs is currently fighting with Fornell about who should investigate your attack, even though it's obvious why he did it. Ducky is running tox on a sample of his blood to prove that he wasn't too drunk to know what he was doing, and McGee is printing off the background info I digged up on him. They should have it all cleared up in an hour or two." Abby said.