- Text Size +
"All done," Gibbs said an hour and a half later as he entered Kate's hospital room. "Tox screen proved that he knew exactly what he was doing and his background didn't help. Oh, and Fornell backed off when I threatened to tell his superiors he'd been investigating cases that were in NCIS jurisdiction." Gibbs laughed.
"He's been stealing our cases?" said Tony.
"Well I didn't know, I was only bluffing, but when he got all nervous and backed off I realized that he must have." Gibbs was chuckling to himself.
"Bastard." Said Kate, "We'll have to reinvestigate all of those cases."
"Not you Agent Todd. These cases aren't work for pregnant ladies."
Kate threw a look at Abby which said ‘You told him too?' and Abby replied with another look saying ‘Sorry, couldn't help myself.'

"But it's still nine months till I'm due Gibbs." Kate said.
"Are you arguing with me Todd? Besides, none of us want anything to happen to this kid. It's gonna be a part of all of our lives."
‘Awwwwww. This baby has Gibbs going all protective already.' Kate thought.
"Fine, but there is no way I'm doing deskwork for nine months Gibbs, I'd go clinically insane."
"You can hang out with me in the lab Kate." Abby said. "Those nine months will just fly by."
"Gibbs?" Kate looked up at her boss. As he nodded Abby hi-fived Kate.
"You will have to do a little deskwork though." Gibbs tried to tell her, but both Kate and Abby were too excited to listen. Abby was babbling already, "I'll teach you all about ballistics, and finger print analysis, and- and facial reconstruction, and-"
"Abs, calm down, you're babbling already." Tony stopped her.
"Hey Kate. Sorry it took me so long to get down here but Ducky can't drive very well. He got pulled over twice for driving on the wrong side of the road." McGee and Ducky walked in, McGee laughing.
"For your information Timothy," Ducky said. "I *was* driving on the correct side of the road, or at least I would have been had we been in Britain."
"Still getting used to being back in The States after your vacation Ducky?" asked Kate, laughing.
"Oh Caitlin, how are you? Is the baby okay?" Ducky asked.
"How many people did you *tell* Abby?" Kate laughed.
"Only Gibbs and Tony…and McGee and Ducky, but I swear that's it. I was just so excited, you know how I get, I babble, I tell people things." Abby said guiltily.
"It's okay Abs. I don't mind you telling these guys. Just don't tell anyone else okay."
"Promise" said Abby, signalling crossing her heart..
"Anyway…I should be okay. The only thing I was worried about was that the baby wasn't going to have a father, but DiNozzo here" Kate smiled and reached for Tony's hand and held it lovingly. "has kindly offered to be daddy."
"You're getting married? Asked McGee.
"No" answered Kate.
"Well actually…" replied Tony taking his hand from Kates grin and reaching into the inside pocket of his jacket. He got down on one knee beside the hospital bed, "Kate, in front of all of these co-workers and friends," he started, Kate realized just how crowded the room was, "I admit my whole, undying love for you. This baby has given me a chance for a family I never thought I would take. I want to be a father, a husband and a part of a family. I'd like you to be part of that family. Caitlin todd? Will you marry me?" Kate was amazed at how sensitive, sincere and romantic Tony could be. Tony held a ring out, it was the most beautiful ring Kate had *ever* seen. A white gold band with a massive, but not obscenely oversized, diamond with a royal blue sapphire on either side.
"Of course I'll marry you Tony." She burst into tears and pulled him down into a hug. The tears stung her wounds but she didn't care. She was going to get married and have a family with the most romantic, excellent man in the world. Tony.