- Text Size +
"Hey. They said you can get out of the hospital today Kate."
"Great, the food in here sucks."
"When you get out we're all going for a posh dinner to celebrate the engagement and the baby."
"Brilliant Abs." Said Kate absently, she could not stop admiring the beautiful ring. This was exactly the design she had dreamed of since she was a teenager. How had Tony known? Well that one was easily answered: Abby. You gotta love Abby.
"So Abs, you never told me, how did boss-man react to me and Tony?" Kate asked as she awoke herself from her thoughts.
"Well actually I believe his exact words were ‘It's about bloody time'" laughed Abby.
"Really?" Kate asked, also laughing.
"Really. He's noticed how you two have been acting around eachother since shortly after you started at NCIS."
"Whoa! Really? Gibbs was the one who noticed?"
"Well actually I noticed and pointed it out to Gibbs once, and then he began to notice too. It was rather funny considering you two were oblivious." Said Abby giggling before Kate sat up, grabbed one of her pillows and playfully hit her with it and laughed with her.

Kate had just been discharged from the hospital, Tony was at NCIS so her and Abby were catching a cab to the NCIS building. A cab pulled over to let them in. As they got in Abby turned pale.
"Kate, I have a bad feeling. We have to get out of this cab."
"Normally, I'd laugh and take no notice of your *bad feeling* but since I almost got killed after I ignored your last *bad feeling* I think we should get out."
"So what's your feeling telling you Abs?" Kate said as they got out.
"it's not like Gibbs' gut Kate, it doesn't tell me anything specific. But what I do know is that we would have died if we had stayed in that cab and we have to get the driver out too." Abby said seemingly staring at the ground.
"Why?"
"you see that sort of red flashing reflecting off the sidewalk?" Abby says dropping down onto the sidewalk and looking on the underside of the cab. "Yup." She said, slightly squeakily, "it's a bomb." She jumps up, brushing dust off her black combats and skull shirt.
"Sir? Sir? Get out of the cab!" Kate banged on the cab window. Amazingly, for this part of D.C. anyway, the driver was American so understood every word. "There is a bomb on the underside of your cab, you have to get out."
The driver got out and Kate started to clear the area and make sure nobody cam near the bomb while Abby called Gibbs and the bomb squad.