- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new Problem arises.
"Dom will stay the night with Ziva. You're sure you want to do this?"

Gibbs grapped the handle above his door a little tighter. He knew McGee wasn't driving as he had been but without sight he hated driving.

"I have to go there...I...I need to be there."

"Ok..."

McGee parked the car and guided Gibbs until the older man knew the way. Letting his hand rest on the door knob he heard a thud behind him and turned.

"Tim?...McGee?"

"Hello, Gibbs."

He heard wishpered in his ear and felt the cold metall of the business end of a sig against his back.

"A nice present from your toy boy, isn't it? I thought it would be more difficult to get you, though..."

"Not really fair, isn't it, Steve? You're taking advantage of a blind man."

A chuckle that cold that it freezed the blood in his veins sounded from the other man.

"I'm so sorry, Gibbs...not. Now c'mon."








"You know...this was better when I planned it. I was prepared that you don't want to look. I didn't know that you can't."

Gibbs didn't really listen to Steve. He knew he was trying to manipulate him. Maybe he was blind, but he was still Leroy Jethro Gibbs. And no-one played with him.

"I guess I'll just have to tell you what you would see if you weren't blind. This, my friend, is the former residence of Alexandria Police Department. They moved on to a better neighbourhood and nothing's left here. The house is too old. No-one wants it...no-one comes here anymore. But now comes the good part. The room we are in. You would recognize it immidiatly if you saw it. It's the old interrogation room. We are..."

"We're in observation and Tony's in interrogation."

"Were you cheating on me?"

"Nope."

Gibbs stared ahead. A glowing red light came floading towards him and it filled him with a long missed warmth. A bit of pink was at the core of the oval. Gibbs bit back the tears swelling in his eyes.

"He's tied to a chair. It's barely been a day now...I thought they'd need longer to find you...or me to get you...anyway, he's fine...for now."

Gibbs felt a shift of air and heard rustle and knew Steve approached him. Standing directly next to him.

"He said you left him. That true? You didn't want that brat of him. But you're here. I got you at your house. Am I missing out on something here?"

"No. If he dies I'll have to take Dom."

"And who'd want that, right?"

Gibbs nodded and hoped his damn tears would stay put. Ironically that his eyes didn't work the way they should but his tear canals did.




"McGee! Why the hell aren't you answering your phone? I tried to call you for over ten minutes."

"And you didn't come up with the idea to check on me? Gibbs really screwed *you* up, Ziva."

McGee answered annoyed as he collected himself up the ground.

"Get to the office...come to Tony's house with the truck. That bastard now has Gibbs aswell. And I think I know now how he got Tony."

He knelt down and examined the arrow that apparently had been what had stung in his neck before he had faded out. He had fucked up royally. How was he going to explain it that not only Tony but also Gibbs are in the hand of this psycho?





Two hours later they sat in a conference room. McGee had, unwillingly, asked Fornell for help and the older man had agreed without so much as a word.

"Ok, any ideas where he could be?"

McGee asked but everybody shook their heads.

"What does he want? Does he really want to kill Gibbs in front of Tony?"

"I think he'd rather kill Tony in front of Gibbs."

Fornell corrected as he paced up and down.

"But he's blind. He can't see a thing of what Steve's doing to Tony."

Michele said.

"True, but we didn't know Gibbs was blind until we saw him yesterday and Steve was in prison. He obviously had no idea that Gibbs had not only quit but also left Tony, so how should he know that Gibbs' blind?"

They all nodded at Abby's statement.

"He could still be anywhere. He can kill one and let the other watch everywhere."

"Wait...Gibbs...Gibbs did the interrogation. He was really hard on Whishaw, the hardest interrogation I've ever seen."

"That's not bringing us any further, Fornell."

McGee said but Abby raised her hand.

"Wait...in an interrogation room you can only see through the window from one side. It would be "better" to die when the one you love is there. So, in an interrogation room the one could watch while the other has no idea that he's there."

"Where the hell should he do that?"

Abby sighed.

"I guess that means more research."

"Abby, try to find any location he could choose. I think this interrogation idea is good. Lee and Ziva, check on any living relatives or friends he could contact. Fornell, I think we should go into the prison he'd been."

The FBI Agent nodded and they spread.
Chapter End Notes:
Same...