- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs has to deal with the uncertainty of Tony.
„Thanks for...well, everything, Ducky."

Gibbs said as he put down his suitcase in the guest room.

„Not to mention, Jethro. I understand Tony needs some time?!"

„Is that a question or a statement...yeah, Tony just needs time...I hope..."

The older man put his hand reassuring on Gibbs‘ shoulder sitting him on the bed and taking the chair next to it.

„You want to talk about it?"

Gibbs ran his hand over his face and sighed.

„I know that it was the right thing to come back. I know that it would have killed me to go back...and now I know it would have killed Tony. But...if he isn't sure he wants me back...Ducky, I don't know what I can do."

„Well, my friend, I guess you will have to show him that you love him."

„I never really was good at that."

Ducky smiled slightly.

„Yes, but sometimes the try is worth just as much. Tony missed you a lot and he already started to forgive you."

Gibbs rubbed his hands against eachother.

„Ducky...I'm worried about Tony. I think...he said...did you know that he thought about killling himself?"

The silence was all Gibbs needed as an answer.

„He hasn't told me that. But I can't deny that he could have been suicidal. I think none of us wanted to admit that he might not be strong enough to deal with it."

„I'm worried that he still is. He seems to be...critical. I would prefer to be there. To watch after him."

„Jethro, it wouldn't do any good to put pressure on him right now."

Gibbs nodded though he didn't know how he should get through the next weeks.







„I don't know if that's a good idea, Abby."

Gibbs said and beat her hand away as she tried to straighten his tie.

„It is a good idea. And you look gorgeous."

„Sure, I don't look like Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black?"

Abby raised her eyebrows.

„Gibbs, I'm honestly shocked that you know MIB...but then, you lived with Tony the last six years...and your tie isn't black, so no, you don't look like Tommy Lee Jones."

„What colour is my tie?"

„Red. Red tie, white shirt, black suit. You really look good, Gibbs. There's no reason to be nervous."

„Yeah, except that this is my first date with Tony. And I don't see the plate in front of me. God, Abby, he'll notice how much work it is to go out with me. He'll have to read me the menu and..."

She swatted his hand away from his tie and straightened it herself.

„Stop worrying, Gibbs. Tony knows that your blind. And he already loves you. You don't have to impress him. This is to show him how much you love him."

He took a deep breath.

„Yeah…I'll just have to show him that I care. And I'll have to take it slow...give him time...yeah...I can do that."

„You sure?"

„Abby, are you kidding? All I wanna do is go back to that house, take Tony to bed and show him on my way how much I love him! But Tony wants to take it slow, so that's what I'm doing. I'll take it slow."

They turned as there was a knock on the door. Ducky entered giving Gibbs an once over and a pat on the shoulder.

„If your manners tonight are as good as your outfit there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, the young man who is escording you tonight arrived and is awaiting you in the lobby."

Ducky gave Abby a nod and the young goth grinned.

„Hey, Duck, are you wearing a black tuxedo with a light grey vest and a dark grey fly?"

„Em, no, Jethro, I'm wearing...why do you want to know what I'm wearing?"

„You're sounding like a scottish butler...what does Tony wear?"

Ducky took Gibbs‘ elbow to shush him out of the room.

„Wouldn't that be a good way to start conversation?"

Gibbs nodded and took his cain from Abby with a silent thank. Slowly he walked down the stairs. He heard someone standing up and turned to the sound.

„Tony."

He held out his hand unsure what to do. The younger man took the hand but then kissed him shortly on the lips.

„Jethro. You look good."

„Thanks...em...don't take this question like the beginning of cliché phone sex...but...what are you wearing?"

Tony chuckled and took Gibbs‘ hand. He put it on his suit jacket.

„It's the dark blue suit I had on when Dom turned five."

He shifted their entwined hands to his shirt.

„The light blue shirt I always wear with this suit. And the dark and light blue striped tie, you gave me for christmas last year."

„The one I tied around the DVD box Abby adviced me to give you."

Tony laughed.

„Yeah, that one. It was cute that you still gave me what was your idea."

Tony took a step closer to Gibbs and kissed him softly.

„Jethro...I know I agreed to take it slow, but I honestly don't want to. What can this dating tell me I don't already know? I love you and that you came back tells me that you love me, too. Dom is missing you, he thinks you're going away again and I don't want him to think that. And we have the chance to raise Kate together right from the beginning. You missed so much with Dom I don't want you to miss all that with Kate, too. Come home, Jethro."

Gibbs pulled Tony into his arms and felt relieved as the embrace was returned.

„God, Tony, I dreamed of it that you'd say that. Of course, I'll come. Nothing can stop me."

They kissed before they stepped out of the embrace.

„You still want to take me out for dinner?"

„There's nothing I'd have to be ashamed of, is there?"

Tony kissed him againand they left, oblivious to Ducky and Abby smiling just behind the door.
Chapter End Notes:
Still the same. Feedback!!!!