- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally happy?
The restaurant was one of Tony's favourites so he and Gibbs had been there before. He didn't know how used Gibbs was to the lack of vision so he thought it might be better to be somewhere he knew.

„Dante's."

Gibbs said smiling as he assoziated the smells and sounds.

„Yeah. No need to invent the wheel new if it's round and rolling, right?"

Tony said and tugged at his hand to guide him to their table. A moment later Dante, the owner himself, was at their table.

„My friends...my god, Jethro, why are you wearing shades?"

„Well, I turned blind, Dante."

„Oh, I'm sorry, my friend."

„Thanks...you brought garlic bread, didn't you?"

„Well, nothing wrong with your nose."

The older Italian laughed and pushed the basket into Gibbs‘ waiting hand. Then he gave Tony a menu, discretely taking back the second.

„Jethro..."

He started in a silent voice.

„I do have a menu in braille if you'd like to have that."

„Thanks, Dante. That'd be good."

The older man left the two alone.

„So...jesus, were we ever good at small talk?"

Gibbs asked with a soft chuckle.

„No, I don't think so. We've got an appointment tomorrow, at the hospital."

„Something wrong with Kate?"

Tony shrugged and then shook his head over himself.

„They didn't say anything so I guess not. She's supposed to come home tomorrow and I guess they want to talk to us first. Not that they could tell us anything we don't already know. I mean we raised a child before and I think we did a good job."

„We did...how's Dom holding up at school?"

Tony sighed and thanked the waitress for the two beer. He guided Gibbs‘ hand to his one and then took a sip of his own.

„Didn't manage to get him out of that councelour thing...but then...it might have been a good idea after all."

Tony noted that Gibbs hunched his shoulders slightly.

„But otherwise he's doing great. Beth said he's very active, in the good way. And he made some new friends. Not all kids there are jerks after all. Some of the parents are even quite nice. Meet them once or twice when I picked him up. Not all of them Marines, like Mike but they're ok. And Dom's going to the literatur club, I think he read more books than me already."

Gibbs smiled because he knew that Tony, in fact, was reading a lot, against common thinking. Many of his movie allusions are actually book allusions but he makes people think it's about the movie. It's easier to play dumb, people expect less of you. So, he had a hard time believing that Dom had with his almost seven years read more than Tony.

„What I'm saying is that he reads a lot."

„He comes after you."

Gibbs agreed but Tony snorted.

„Yeah, but I wonder why he doesn't play football then."

„Well, he got your intellectual side. Nothing bad about that."

„Yeah...oh and Tim and Abby try to get him into computers. He's actually pretty good but now and then your temper comes through. I was hoping he would get some of your qualities. Your temper wasn't one of them."

Gibbs grinned.

„Can't choose what you get. And you wouldn't want him to be any different."

„True. One can only hope to have a son like Dom. And I think Kate's going to be a great daughter."

„Yeah..."

Tony sighed and took another sip of his beer.

„When you were gone I realized just how much Dom looks like you. His eyes are as steel blue as yours. And he gets your nose."

They laughed.

„Well, praying didn't help then."

„Kate has your eyes aswell. You must have good genes. We'll have to tell her that there are other colour than black and brown though. I think she should spent more time with Jenny. She's wearing other things than stuff you could hide with in Iraque or not to be seen at night."

„You want a princess girl with pink dresses and flowers in her hair?"

Tony shuddered.

„God, no. I know she's only a baby but I know she's going to be a real beauty."

„She's our daughter, Tony. She could look like a dolphin and she'd be the prettiest girl we've ever seen."

„Yeah, but the good thing is she doesn't. And Abby created her picture on that computer program, you remember?"

„It was possible to create a picture of a female child from two men?"

„Apparently. Was the hell of a woman, I tell you. Long brown hair, bright blue eyes. She did remember me of Kate...except for the eyes."

„Then the name was right."

Dante came to the table again and took their orders. Somehow they managed to keep the conversation light, neither of them wanted to risk a scene in their favourite restaurante. Before they knew it it was after eleven and Dante sat on their table with two of the waiters. This wasn't unusual. In the nights they had a babysitter they came here often and Dante was a good friend of Tony since he moved to DC.

„So, Tony, tells us. How was the birth."

„Actually I was really out of it. Litterly. I had a Caesarean so there's no screaming and yelling story this time."

„Ohhhh, no cursing your man for ever touching you?"

Maria said and nudged her husband. Dante just laughed and filled five glasses with liqour.

„What is it? A girl or a boy?"

„A girl. Caitlyn Shannon."

Gibbs answered and felt Tony's hand tighten around his.

„You know you have to bring her around some time."

Maria said with a threatening finger at Tony.

„I promise, I'll bring as soon as we've settled. She's going to come home tomorrow. I spend most of the last days in the hospital just looking at her. That bastards over there didn't let me hold her."

„She was still in the brut box, Tony."

Gibbs said calmly but Tony snorted playfully.

„I „bruted" her nearly eight months, thank you very much!"






When they finally left the restaurant Gibbs wasn't sure what to do or what to say. He sat in the car silently until Tony started the car.

„You're sure you want me back at home? It's fine if you want me stay a bit longer with Ducky."

„Jethro, do you want to come?"

„Hell, yeah."

„Then it's what I want, too. I know it will never be like it was. But I want you in my bed again. And I want to raise our children with you. We'll find a way."

Gibbs startled slightly as Tony took his hand but relaxed immidiatly. When they came home Tony put the pie Maria had given them for Dom into the fridge and they went into the bedroom silently. Tony closed the door and then stopped Gibbs when he was about to take off his tie.

„Let me do that."

He kissed his partner softly and slowly opened the tie.

„Tony...?"

„It's probably the last night we have enough energy for more than a quicky in quite a while, Jethro. I want to use that."

Dropping featherlight kisses on Gibbs‘ jaw and neck he continued sensually undressing the older man. Despite his already lacking vision Gibbs closed his eyes and just relaxed. Somehow he was afraid of doing more. He didn't want to push Tony. It took Tony more time than usual to get his lover nacked, but then it probably was what he wanted. He kissed every inch of skin he exposed in an almost annoyingly slow way. After twenty minutes Gibbs was pushed onto the bed and lay back. His hand reached out and Tony grapped it somewhere.

„I'm just getting out of my cloths. Give me a moment."

He whispered and kissed the hand before he released it. A moment later the bed dipped and he reached out, this time he found Tony's chest. Moving up to his neck he pulled Tony down for a slow kiss full of love.

„I love you, Tony."

He felt him smile against his lips.

„I love you, too."

After another passionate but rather brief kiss Tony once more moved down.

„DADDY?"

The yell was followed by footsteps on the stairs. Tony quickly put on his boxers and threw Gibbs a pair aswell. Then there was fast knocking on the bedroom door. Tony checked that he and Gibbs were decent before he opened.

„Daddy, I had...Pa?"

„Hey, Champ, what's the matter?"

The bed dipped again and a moment later Gibbs was hugged by small arms.

„You're home again?"

„Yeah, Champ, I am..."

Then another set of footsteps let Gibbs frown.

„Mr. DiNozzo, you're home."

„Yeah, didn't you hear us coming home, Sarah?"

„No...I guess I fell asleep. Sorry."

„Nothing to worry about. We'll take care of what ever the problem is."

Gibbs heard the door close.

„Who was that?"

„Sarah, the nanny. Jen payed for her because they thought it would be better for me to work...I couldn't tell her that she'll have to go yet."

Gibbs tilted his head towards their son in his lap.

„Dom, why are you out of bed?"

„I had a nightmare. Can I sleep with you guys?"

„Aren't you too old for that?"

Gibbs raised his eyebrow at his son and he felt him snuggle closer. He sighed.

„Well, Tony?"

„Ok, but just tonight. And Dom, once Kate's home..."

„I know, Daddy."
Chapter End Notes:
I can't get enough feedback, you know?