- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What they see
Dom's POV


"Hey, Dom, time for bed."

His Daddy stuck his head in and Dom looked at him with big puppy eyes.

"Just ten minutes, Daddy."

"No, you're going to bed now. You had twenty last night so no extention today."

He kissed his son on the head and the boy climped into his bed.

"Where's Pa?"

He asked when his Daddy was at the door.

"He's not feeling well, honey. I'll tell him good night from you."

The younger of his fathers closed the door and Dom listened carefully. He heard the door to the basement open and close and he turned on his light and took the painting book he had been working on.

Keeping his ears sharp for the noise of one of his fathers or both coming up he draw for about twenty minutes when it happened. A door was slammed, heavy footsteps on the stairs and then raised voices.

"Tony! Come back!"

"No, Jethro! No way! I won't do that!"

Dom quickly turned off the lights and slipped down on his bed in case they checked on him.

"Well, then I have no choice."

The door to their bedroom cracked slightly when opened and he heard more footsteps.

"Jethro, no! Jethro, don't!"

Rumbling noises in the other room and complete silence. Dom carefully slipped out of his bed and tiptoed to the door. Pressing his ear against it he heard again footsteps, but this time slowly.

"Leaving."

He heard his Pa's voice and then somebody walking down the stairs. His heart pounded hard as the front door fell shot and he heard something crash in the bedroom of his parents.







Tony's POV

He slowly made the way down the stairs. The basment lay in deep shadows and complete silence. He found Gibbs sitting in the corner behind the stairs staring at the boat, a mug, Tony supposed it was filled with bourbon, hanging forgotten from his hand.

"What you want?"

The tone was cold as ice and Tony bit his lips so he wouldn't give an equal answer. He pushed himself on the workbench.

"What is going on, Jethro? Your mood in the past few days..."

"There's nothing wrong with *me*"

Gibbs sighed annoyed and tool a swing of his drink.

"Jethro, please. I know you. You stormed into that school for less, and now? Nothing."

"Maybe I think it's a good idea. Let's face it, Tony, Dom's not a normal kid."

Tony looked at him with opened mouth.

"I can't believe you said that. The last few days you've been a bigger bastard than I ever thought possible!"

"Why are you making such a big thing out of it? You knew what you get yourself involved with!"

"Maybe I don't want our children to become like that!"

Tony yelled and slid off the workbench.

"It's not...wait...did you say children? As in more than one?"

Tony stopped in his track and slowly turned around. He hadn't meant to tell it Gibbs like that.

"Yeah, Jethro. I felt weird lately and when I was craving for apples I went to my doc. I'm six weeks pregnant."

For a moment Gibbs' face was a mask of shock but then that was replaced by anger.

"I thought we were playing it save."

"What do you mean? We both thought I can't get pregnant again. We didn't use condoms, I wasn't taking the pill, that's not exactly the definition of pregnancy prevention."

"So, you have been save with others?"

The words felt like a knife being stabbed right through his heart.

"Are you accussing me of cheating on you?"

His voice was barely more than a whisper and he could feel tears on the edge of shedding.

"You've been around Jason a lot lately. Weren't you two at the movies about six weks ago?"

"Yeah, and when I came home *you* made love to me! And Jason's just a friend!"

"He's gay and we both know it wouldn't be the first time you betray your partner."

Now Tony really didn't know what to say.

"I *never* cheated on you. This is your child!"

He touched his belly and a tear threatened to escape his eye.

"I don't want another child."

8, 9, 10, KO in the third round.

"You're...you're not asking me to..."

"Asking? No."

That was it. Tony knew it. He had to go or he would do something he'd regret later. He went upstairs and slammed the door shot behind him.

"Tony, come back!"

Gibbs yelled behind him but he was already on his way to their bedroom.

"No, Jethro! No way! I won't do that!"

"Then, I have no choice."

Shocked Tony stopped and Gibbs pushed as Gibbs took out a suitcase and threw cloths into it.

"Jethro, no! Jethro, don't!"

Tony tried to get to the suitcase but Gibbs pushed him away roughly throwing him into the dresser. Terrified Tony sank down onto the floor and couldn't hold back his tears anymore.

"What are you doing?"

He whispered when Gibbs reached the door.

"Leaving."

The older man answered toneless and vanished through the door. When the front door fell closed Tony grapped the israeli vase Ziva had given them at their first anniversary and threw it full force against the wall where it smashed into a thousand pieces, just like his heart.