- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
You think it can't get worse? Think again.
"Tony, why don't you go home and get some rest."

Ducky adviced but the young man only shot him a look.

"Rest from what, Duck? Sitting around at a desk? I'll go when it's time to pick up Dom, as every day in the last seven months."

Tony returned to his computer deliberatly ignoring the man in front of his desk. He was just ready to return to the field when the doctor set him on desk duty. Medically it was the right decision. The emotional stress was almost too much to take and more than once Tony found himself in the basement looking at the omnipresent reminder on the life he once had and a gun in his hand. It never went further. He never raised the gun. But only the fact that he was there thinking about it let him collapse when he was five months along. After a week in the hospital the doctor had sent him home. Since Tony hadn't told anybody about it the doctor had said the collapse was caused by the unusual redution of weight. He was told to eat proper and he immidiatly told Ducky and Abby so they'd force him to eat, if he wanted or not. For the sake of his children, he had to stay alive.

"Tony."

The young man sighed and looked up into the concerned faces of his friends.

"You look like hell, and you know it. Go home. Sleep a bit. I know Dom's having nightmares. Get the sleep you haven't got last night."

Abby said calmly but Tony shook a head.

"Ok, I never thought I'd do this but, get home, DiNozzo. That's an order."

Tony raised his eyebrow at Tim. The younger man squirmed slightly under the Gibbs-like glare until Tony realized what he was doing and looked down. Fighting back the tears he slowly stood up. Maybe they were right. Maybe now he could get some sleep. Although, Dom was not the only one with nightmares.




Tony took a deep breath as he locked the car. Getting out of it became more and more difficult and he knew he shouldn't be driving at all but what should he do? He couldn't send McGee or Abby all the time, and no way he would let Ziva drive when Dom's in the car.

He sighed heavily as he walked towards the house. He had been thinking about moving but somehow he had still hope that Gibbs would come back. That it all had been a weird dream. But slowly he began to know that this was for real and final.

Just as he reached the door he felt a sting in his neck and before he could raise his hand to determine what it was everything became fuzzy and his world faded out.






"You're on the air!"

Abby called as she answered her cell phone without checking the caller ID.

"Ms. Scuito? It's Ms. Cameron from Marylane Elementary school."

"Ohh...em...yeah, it's me. What can I do for you?"

"Well, It's already two pm and Mr. DiNozzo didn't come to pick up his son. We tried to reach him on his home and cell phone but he doesn't answer. Therefore I'm calling you now. Can you step by and pick him up?"

Abby paled as the secretary talked.

"Absolutely. I'll be there in a minute."

She hung up and grapped her coat. Hurrying upstairs she made a bee-line to McGee's desk.

"Tim, Tony doesn't answer his phones and hasn't picked up Dom. I'll go pick him up now. Should I check on Tony?"

Her voice was full of concern McGee could relate to only too well.

"No, you pick up Dom, I'll check on Tony with Ziva."

Abby nodded slowly.

"Go, Abby. I'll give you a call as soon as I'm there."





Abby walked into the school and showed her ID before she was allowed to Dom.

"Hey, honey, c'mon. You'll stay with me for while."

He went over to her and took her outstreched hand. He stayed silent until they sat in the car and where on the street.

"Abby, where's Daddy?"

"Well, he's busy, honey."

"Is everything alright?"

"Sure, honey. Why do you think it's not?"

"Cause they couldn't call him. And he never forgets to pick me up. Not even immidiatly after...Abby, do you know where Pa is?"

She looked sadly into the rear view mirror.

"Sorry, Dom. I don't know. I haven't spoken to him since he left."

"Do you know why he went away? Doesn't he love us anymore?"

"I'm sure he does, Dom. I don't know why he went away but I'm sure he has his reasons."

One being a big idiotic stubborn asshole, she added inwardly. If they found Gibbs' body somewhere hidden she would be on the top ten list of suspects, she wouldn't even cross her out herself.

"I wanted to ask Daddy, but he was so sad about it. I didn't want to make him cry even more."

"You heard your Daddy cry?"

The small boy nodded sadly. Abby surpressed her own sadness.






"Hey, Dom. Go with Ducky, ok?"

McGee said as they entered the bullpen. Ducky took the boy at his hand and they went away Ducky telling some story. Abby waited until they were out of earshot before she turned to McGee.

"What's wrong?"

"Tony's been kidnapped."

"WHAT?"

"Abby, calm down! We've been at his house. His car was there but he wasn't. All we found was a note. It was adressed to me that I'd better find Gibbs or Tony will die."

"What the hell..."

"Apparently somebody tries to get Gibbs through Tony."

"That's absolutely unlogically! Gibbs left Tony. Obviously he doesn't care about Tony or his children anymore!"

McGee shrugged.

"Abby, I don't know anything yet. Everything we've found is down in your lab. Ziva and Lee are running a search for Gibbs but we have no idea where to start. For all we know he could be Japan."

Abby looked down guilty.

"I think I know where he is...not exactly just...when he left I called him on his cell. He answered and when I asked where he's going he said "home"."

"Abby, why didn't you tell me that?"

"I don't know! I didn't thought we need to know where he is. Actually I didn't want to know where he is or I'd have driven there, I'm sure."

McGee took a deep breath.

"Ok...that could mean...what could that mean?"

"Maybe he went to his parents."

"Dead."

"Siblings?"

"Dunno...Lee! Run a check if Gibbs has any siblings. If he has I want names and current adress! Ziva, check where Gibbs was born and see if there's anything he could be at."

He turned back to Abby.

"Abby, I promise we'll find Gibbs and we'll find Tony. Go down and see what you can get out of the evidence. Maybe we can cut down the people who have a grudge on Gibbs."

"You mean to a few thousands instead of millions?"

"Yeah."