- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony finds love after Kate's death.
"Welcome to the NCIS team, Kayla." Director Jenny Shepard said. "Thank you very much, ma'am." Kayla Clark replied. "Now why don't you head down to HQ and see if Jethro can set you up with your first case." Jenny added. "Thank you again, ma'am. You will not regret this decision." Kayla responded.

*-*-*

"Who are you?" Jethro asked, sipping a cup of coffee. "Uhm, Kayla Clark. Director Shepard just hired me, sir." she answered. "Please call me Boss or Gibbs." He replied. Kayla took in a deep breath and smiled, shaking his hand. "Okay well, here's your desk and your gear. Welcome to the team!" he added. "Thank you, Boss!" she replied, sitting down at her desk.

"Boss, I think I found a lead on the Norfolk case." a male voice said from behind her. Kayla looked up from her computer to see an attractive young man, around her age, standing in front of her desk. "Why hello. Who are you?" he asked Kayla. Kayla opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted by Gibbs. "You ‘think' DiNozzo?! Take Agent Clark with you and look into it!" "On it, boss." DiNozzo responded.

Kayla stood up and grabbed her gear and followed him out the door. She reached for the car door, but a hand grabbed it and opened it before she could. Kayla got in and sat down, looking up to see DiNozzo shutting the door for her. "What a gentleman." she thought to herself. DiNozzo got into his side of the car and started the ignition. "You were going to say before Gibbs interrupted you?" he asked. "Uhh, Kayla, Kayla, Clark. And you are?" she answered. "Anthony, Anthony DiNozzo. You can call me Tony." he replied. As the two drove to the site, they learned more about each other.

*-*-*

"You know how Gibbs has that stupid rule number twelve ‘Never date a co-worker'?" Tony asked. "Yeah. It's really stupid, if you ask me." Kayla answered. "Well, would you like to go out with me tonight?" he asked. "Like, on a date?" she replied with a question. "Uhm, heh, yeah." Tony blushed. "Sure! Sounds like fun." Kayla smiled.

Just that second, Ziva walked into the room. The two cleared their throats and tried not to look nervous. "Hey! What are you two up to?" she asked. "Nothing, nothing at all." Kayla answered. "Why do you ask, Ziva?" Tony asked nervously. "No important reason, Tony." Ziva replied. "Oooh, look at the time. I have a busy weekend, so, I gotta get going!" Kayla said. "Uhm, okay, see you Monday then, Kayla." Ziva responded.

"Yeah, I'm busy too. I gotta head out too." Tony added, walking to the elevator with Kayla. The door opened and Gibbs appeared. Kayla swallowed the lump in her throat. "You two leaving for the weekend?" he asked. "Yeah, Boss." Tony answered. "All right. See you two on Monday." Gibbs responded.

*-*-*

Kayla rummaged through her closet trying to find the perfect dress. She was in the middle of trying on one, when her phone rang. Kayla sighed and ran to her phone. She looked down to see that her caller ID read "Ziva David". She rolled her eyes and answered. "Hello?" "Hey Kayla! It's Ziva. I'm just calling to see if you are okay. You looked flushed today at work." Ziva said. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm just really busy right now. Uhm, can we talk maybe tomorrow or Monday?" Kayla replied. "Uhh, sure. Talk to you later." Ziva responded. "Bye!" Kayla said, hanging up the receiver.

After searching through her dresses that made her look like someone else, Kayla decided on a simple black dress. The dress had beautiful silver sequins spread lightly all over it. Kayla was satisfied because the dress perfectly showed off her curves. She did her make-up and pulled her hair up in a simple bun, with curly tendrils.

*-*-*

After what seemed to be an eternity, the doorbell rang. Kayla took in a deep breath and sighed. She rose from her couch and opened the door. Just that moment, she saw a single red rose in front of Tony's face. "For you, milady." Tony said. Kayla blushed and willingly took the rose. "Wow! You look amazing!" Tony added. Kayla blushed again. "Thanks. So do you." she smiled.

*-*-*

"So where are we going?" Kayla asked. "Well, we'll have dinner first and then maybe a surprise." Tony answered. "Sounds wonderful." Kayla replied. "Not as wonderful as you." Tony added. Kayla blushed and smiled sweetly.

*-*-*

Tony drove to an open area. He opened Kayla's door and helped her out. He walked her to a small wooded area. Kayla looked up to the sky to see hundreds of stars, nebulas, and some planets. Tony looked up and saw a shooting star. He put his hands on her shoulders, and whispered "Make a wish." "I wish tonight would never end!" Kayla thought to herself.

*-*-*

"Hope you had a great night." Tony said. Kayla smiled sweetly "Amazing!" "Well, see you on Monday." Tony added. "Okay, good night." Kayla replied. The two smiled at each other and turned to their separate ways. Kayla walked into her apartment and sighed, reminiscing about the date she just had. Kayla threw her keys on her table and walked over to her answering machine. "1 Missed Call." It blinked.

"Agent Clark. Gibbs. Got a case that needs your immediate attention. It's, uhh, 10:45 now. Get to HQ ASAP. Thanks. Bye."

Kayla sighed and looked at her clock. "11:00" it read. She picked up her keys again and headed out the door. Kayla didn't care that she was still dressed from her date with Tony, besides she always kept an extra change of clothes with her gear.

*-*-*

Kayla walked into HQ. "I'm here, Boss." She said, walking over to her desk. "You look nice." Gibbs responded. "Thanks. What's the case?" she replied. "Dead sailor in Australia. When DiNozzo gets here, I want you, him and Ziva to get on it." Gibbs answered. "On it." She responded.

"Sorry, I'm late. Just got the voice mail on my cell phone." Tony said. "We're on it, Boss." Ziva added. "We have to go to Australia to investigate." Kayla said to Tony. Tony got into the driver's side, Kayla in the passenger's and Ziva in the back. "I thought you were busy tonight Kayla." Ziva said in a snotty tone. "Well, my plans kind of changed when I got the call from Gibbs." Kayla replied, rolling her eyes. Tony smiled.

"Oohkay." Ziva responded. Kayla pulled a pair of pants out of her bag and slipped them on underneath her dress. Ziva was too busy with her laptop to notice. Kayla finished changing and Tony looked over and winked at her. Kayla slightly blushed and smiled.


*-*-*

"Kayla, do you mind sharing a room with Ziva while we're here?" Tony asked. Kayla rolled her eyes, but willingly agreed. "I suppose." Tony looked to see if Ziva was looking their way, but noticed she was talking on her cell phone with her back turned. "Thanks, babe." he said, giving her a peck on the cheek. "Okay, well Gibbs, McGee, Ducky and Jimmy will be here soon." Ziva said, hanging up her cell phone. "Oohkay, what about Abby?" Kayla asked. "She's here already. She's just running some errands." Ziva replied.

*-*-*

"Abs, can I talk to you for a sec, in private?" Kayla whispered to Abby. "Sure!" Abby responded. Kayla and Abby walked away from everyone. "What's up?" Abby asked. "I need to tell someone but I don't trust Ziva quite yet and I can't tell Gibbs." Kayla answered. "Shoot." Abby said. "Uhm well, Tony and I are dating." Kayla responded. "Aww! IÃ?m soo happy for you too! IÃ?m glad to see Tony with someone like you." Abby replied. "Thanks Abs!" Kayla blushed. "Promise not to tell anyone?" she added. "Kayla, your secret's safe with me." Abby said, hugging Kayla. "Thanks soo much Abs!" Kayla said.

*-*-*
Kayla was lying in her bed, unable to sleep. She noticed that her cell phone was on her nightstand. She grabbed it and turned over on her side away from Ziva. "I wonder if Tony's still awake." She thought to herself. "Cant sleep." She text messaged Tony. Around a minute later, Kayla's phone buzzed. "Me 2." It read. "U alone?" Kayla smiled as she hit the Send button. "Yeah. Boss looked in2 sum10. Hell b back n the morn." He replied.

"U up 4 visitors? " "If its U not Ziva " "Ooh, its just me! " "Oohkay then, yeah! " "K, BTS. LY!" "Can't wait. Luv ya 2!" Kayla placed her phone back on her nightstand, not thinking to lock it. She noticed that Ziva was awake. She stood up from her bed, and grabbed her robe. "Uhm, Im going to get some fresh air. Maybe, it'll help me sleep." Kayla said. "Okay." Ziva yawned.

*-*-*

"Kayla walked down the hall to her boyfriends room. When she reached the door, she knocked, knowing Tony could help her relax. The door opened to a smiling Tony. Kayla walked in, and sat down on his bed. After he shut the door, he joined her. "Babe, I, uhh, told Abs, uhm, about us." She whispered. "Shh, its okay. I know she won't tell anyone. I trust her over Ziva anyways." He replied. Tony caressed her face, wiping away the small tears that fell from his girlfriend's face.

Finally, Kayla fell fast asleep. As she slept peacefully, Tony caressed her hair. "She's even angelic when she sleeps." He thought. Few minutes later, Tony fell fast asleep with his hand resting protectively around Kayla's waist. Little did they know, Ziva learned the truth of the two of them. "They are going to get it good from Gibbs!" she thought to herself. Ziva continued to read Kayla's text messages from Tony.

*-*-*

Kayla woke up and squinted at the clock. "OMG! Tony! Baby! Get up!" she exclaimed. Tony slowly opened his eyes. "Whats wrong, baby?" he yawned. "Its 4:30, babe! Ziva's going to now something's up!" Kayla replied. "You're right." Tony added, handing Kayla her robe. "Love you!" she whispered. "Love you too." He said.

Kayla got back to her room. "Fresh air, huh?" Ziva said. "What are you talking about?" Kayla asked. "Tony is really fresh air!" Ziva replied. "No! You dont understand!" Kayla screamed. "Please, dont tell Gibbs. Hell kill us! You dont want a repeat of what happened last year with Kate now do you?" she added. Ziva sighed "You're right. We need you and Tony on the team. We cant afford to lose you two." "Swear, you wont tell Gibbs?" Kayla asked. "I swear."

*-*-*

After Kayla left, Tony closed the door and walked over to his bed. "She's too perfect. She's helped me get over Katie." He thought has he lain down to get more sleep. Just that moment, his door opened, but Tony kept his eyes shut to act like he was asleep. "Are you awake, DiNozzo?" an older mans voice asked. Tony rolled over, and yawned. "Yeah, boss." Tony squinted at the gray-haired man that stood in front of him. "Grab your gear, and get Kayla and Ziva, and meet me outside in 15." Gibbs said. "On it, boss." Tony answered as he always did, picking up his phone.

*-*-*

"DiNozzo! Clark! Go see Abby and find out what happened." Gibbs said. "On it, boss." the two replied simultaneously, walking to the elevator. The two walked in and smiled at each other. Tony stretched his hand out to his girlfriend's. The elevator doors opened to the Forensic lab. "Hey Abs!" Kayla said. "Hey!" Abby responded. She walked over to the couple, and noticed they were holding hands. "I'm soo happy for you two." she added. "Gibbs needs to know what you found." Tony said.

"Well, there were traces of blood on the shirt, but there is no way to trace how it got there…" Abby explained. "Kay, will you go tell Gibbs? I have to talk to Abby really quick." Tony asked. "Sure, no problem, baby." she answered, with a grin on her face. When she reached the elevator and walked in, Tony looked at Abby. "Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to propose to Kayla this weekend." "Awww, that's soo sweet, Tony. Do you have the ring?" Abby replied. Tony reached into his pocket, pulling out a small black box.

Abby opened the box like she was opening a present on Christmas Day. "OMG, Tony! It's soo beautiful!" Abby said. "Thanks." Tony blushed. "You two better come see me on Monday morning, first thing! I want to be the first to congratulate you!" Abby demanded. "Yes ma'am!" Tony saluted with a funny look on his face, making Abby giggle.

*-*-*

"Have a good weekend, Kayla." Gibbs said. Kayla collected her things. "Thanks, boss. You too." she answered, heading out the door. Little did Kayla know that after this weekend, her life was going to drastically change.

*-*-*

Kayla changed for her date with Tony. She looked in her mirror and liked what she saw. "Tony will stop dead in his tracks." she thought to herself. Kayla decided that since her and Tony were going strong, to buy a new dress. This dress was short, funky, and playful; just like her personality. She knew Tony would love it.

*-*-*

"Oooh! I like it!" Tony whistled, staring at his soon-to-be fiancée. She smiled and hugged him. "Come on, we gotta get going to the airport." Tony added. "Why? What about our date?" Kayla asked with a confused look on her face. "Don't worry, we'll have our date." he answered.

*-*-*

"Baby, where are we going?" Kayla asked. "You'll see." Tony yawned. Kayla wrapped her arms around Tony's waist and closed her eyes. Soon, the couple fell asleep in each other's arms. Kayla smiled as she slept, dreaming of Tony. He did the same, dreaming of Kayla.

*-*-*

Tony woke up to the PA system. "Flight 7868 to Paris will be landing in just a few minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing." He rubbed Kayla's back, waking her up. She arched her back, and stretched. "Yeah?" she yawned. "We're landing soon." he answered.

*-*-*

"Tony! What's going on?" Kayla asked. Tony put a blindfold over her eyes. He walked her over to the closest landmark. As he pulled the blindfold off, he said. "Keep ‘em closed." Tony got down on one knee. "Okay, open them." Kayla looked around her surroundings and was in awe. She saw the Eiffel Tower and looked down to see Tony on one knee. "Oh my ----" Kayla tried to say, attempting to calm her rapid heartrate.

"Kayla, you are the bet girlfriend a man could ever ask for. When you came to NCIS, you helped me get over my mourning of Kate. You're an amazing woman. I can turn to you for anything. Kayla, I have a question for you." Tony began to say. He pulled the black box out of his pocket, opening it. "Kayla, will you marry me?" Tony asked.

Kayla began to cry and nodded her head. "Yes, Tony. Yes, I will!" Tony sighed a sigh of relief, slipping the ring on her left hand's ring finger. He stood up and swept her off her feet. "I love you!" Kayla said. "I love you too." Tony added. The two kissed, enjoying the moment. Tony put her down, and Kayla couldn't help but stare at her ring.

*-*-*

{picture of the ring: http://www.dejoria.co.uk/catalogue/html_content_images/ukdej010.jpg }

"Abs!" Tony yelled into the Forensics lab. "Just a sec, Tony!" Abby screamed back. A few minutes passed, and Abby appeared. "So, how'd it go? Where'd you do it? Did she say ‘yes'?" the gothic-clad girl questioned excitedly. "It went very well. I flew her to Paris and did it at the Eiffel Tower. And you'll have to wait and see." Tony answered. "Where is she?" Abby asked. "She should be here any minute." he replied.

A couple minutes later, the two heard the elevator ding and the doors open. A beautiful and beaming young woman emerged and entered the lab. Kayla was smiling from ear to ear. "Hey you!" Tony said, with a big grin on his face. "Hey yourself!" she responded. Abby glanced at Kayla's left hand when the couple hugged. "So you said yes? Let me see that rock again!" Abby piped in.

"Oh sure!" Kayla squealed. "Wait again? You knew?" she asked. Abby blushed and Tony squirmed. "Uhm, yeah, that's what I told her on Friday when I had you talk to Gibbs upstairs." Tony responded. "Oh well, I still love you!" Kayla replied. Tony smiled and leaned in, kissing his fiancée. Abby smiled at the lovely couple. "DING!" the elevator doors opened. Kayla heard Gibbs clear his throat. She scrambled to pull her engagement ring off. Tony backed away from her and took the ring, hiding it in his pocket. Gibbs walked into the lab. "You two, upstairs now!" the gray-haired man barked. Without question, the couple walked quickly to the elevator. They knew not to mess with their boss because he had his coffee his hand.

When the elevator doors closed, Tony turned to Kayla, smiling. She put her left hand out and Tony slipped the ring back on her ring finger. He kissed her hand, as she blushed. He rose to meet her eyes and they shared a passionate kiss. Tony was about to deepen the kiss but the elevator doors opened. "Love you!" Kayla whispered, as they went to their respective desks.

*-*-*

"Hey baby! Love that kiss we shared earlier. WBS, honey buns." Kayla commented on her fiancé's MySpace. Kayla and Tony were in the bullpen alone, with nothing to do, so they were commenting each other on their MySpace pages. Kayla heard someone coming so she hurried to change her name, picture, and location. She also set it so only friends of hers could view her profile.

"Hey Tony! Whatcha doin'?" McGee asked, as he walked in. Kayla watched him walk over to Tony's desk. "Mmm, honey buns? So, who's the mystery woman, Tony?" he added. Kayla logged out and sat back in her seat. "No one you know, Probie." Tony said, rolling his eyes so only Kayla saw him. She giggled quietly. "you two, go see what Ducky has bout the Andrews case." Gibbs stated, walking into the room. Kayla and Tony jumped up and ran to the elevator without question. The doors shut, and Tony turned to face Kayla. "So, where were we?" Tony asked, in a deep, romantic voice. Kayla smiled, wrapping her arms around Tony's neck. "I think we were right … here!" she whispered, beginning to kiss him.

Tony added tongue like he wanted to earlier. Kayla continued to kiss him. The doors opened just that moment. The two cleared their throats, and Tony wiped off the lipstick of his lips. Kayla smiled at him, fixing her lipstick that was left on her lips. "Ducky!" Kayla called into the room. "Ah, Kayla! Tony! Andrews was killed by a blunt force to the temple…" Ducky explained. "Okay, thanks Duck." Tony responded. "We're getting ready to go out to lunch. Would you two like to join us?" Jimmy asked. "Sure! Uhm, how about I run upstairs and get my purse. And I'll also tell Gibbs what happened." Kayla said. "Okay, we'll meet you out in the parking lot then." Ducky added.

*-*-*

Kayla grabbed her purse from her desk drawer. She looked around, but didn't see Gibbs. "Hey, uhh, McGee, can you tell Gibbs that Andrews was killed by a blunt force to the temple… And if he asks, uhm, Tony and I are going to lunch with Ducky and Palmer. Should be back in about an hour." She said. "Okay, I will. Bye!" McGee replied.

*-*-*

"Kayla, my dear, where did you get that beautiful ring?" Ducky asked. Kayla looked over at her fiancé, swallowing the bite of food, she just ate. She gave him a "Should I tell Ducky?" look. Tony gave her a reassuring smile, also giving her a "Go ahead. I trust Ducky completely." look. "Uhm, well, I have some good news…" Kayla began to say. Ducky nodded his head, and motioned for her to continue. Kayla took in a deep breath, and sighed. "Well, I don't know how to say this but, Tony and I are engaged." she said. Tony reached his hand out to hers, to let her know that everything would be okay.

Ducky wiped his mouth with his napkin, and took a sip of his glass of water. "That's wonderful news! Does Jethro know?" Ducky answered. "Uhm, no." Tony replied. "Does anyone else know?" Palmer asked. "Uhm, yeah, you two and Abby. Ziva knows we're dating and McGee is out of the loop." Kayla added. "Well, we're both very happy for you." Palmer said. "Thanks, Jimmy." Tony responded. Ducky smiled. "Just, please, don't tell Gibbs. We want to tell him when the time is right." Kayla replied. "Don't worry, my dear, we won't." Ducky added.

*-*-*

Kayla took in a deep breath and sighed. She was standing in front of Director Shepard's door. "You can do this, Kayla. You've told Ducky and Palmer. ‘Course you had Tony with you then. Okay, you can do it. It's just Director Shepard, not Gibbs. You can do this!" she thought to herself, biting her bottom lip. She took in another deep breath, and knocked on Director Shepard's door. "Come in!" the Director called. Kayla walked in trying to stay calm. "May I talk to you in private, ma'am?" Kayla asked. She noticed that Gibbs was in the room.

"I'll talk to you later, Jenny. I have a conference at MTAC in a few minutes anyways." he said. "All right. Thank you, Jethro." Director Shepard responded. Gibbs walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. "What is it that you need to tell me, Kayla?" she asked. Kayla swallowed the lump that grew in her throat. "Uhm, I wanted to tell you that, uhm ----" Kayla stuttered. "Go on." Director Shepard added. Kayla closed her eyes and thought of Tony giving her his reassuring smile that he gave her when she told Ducky the news. She opened her eyes again, and stated "Uhm, Tony and I are engaged." Director Shepard sat quietly in her seat for a minute or two. "Oh God, she's upset! She's going to give me a lecture on Gibbs' Rule #12 ‘Never date a co-worker.' I should have told her!" Kayla's conscience yelled in her head.

Director Shepard stood up, and walked over to Kayla. Little to Kayla's surprise, Director Shepard hugged her. "That's wonderful news, Kayla! I'm so happy to see Tony settled down with someone, especially after Kate's tragic death last year." "Thank you, ma'am." Kayla responded. "Does Jethro know?" Director Shepard asked. "Uhm, no. We're afraid he's going to give us a long lecture about his Rule #12. Only you, Abby, Ducky and Palmer know. Ziva knows we're dating, and McGee is out of the loop too." Kayla answered. She now felt more relaxed around her boss.

"All right. Don't worry about Jethro. I'll make sure he doesn't lecture you two, when he finds out." Director Shepard said. "Now, may I see the ring?" she added. Kayla smiled, placing her hand out. "WOW, it's so beautiful. When and where did he propose?" "Uhh, a few weeks ago. Since it was a weekend, he flew me to Paris. He did it at the Eiffel Tower, at night." Kayla responded. The two continued to talk about the ring for a few more minutes. "Oh! I better get going. Thanks again for understanding, ma'am." Kayla added, looking at the clock. "Okay, I'll talk to you later. Tell Tony congratulations for me." the Director smiled.

*-*-*

"What are you doing at my desk?" Ziva practically yelled. Kayla entered the bullpen unnoticed because everyone was watching Tony and Ziva fight. "Uhh, I'm using your deodorant because Kayla has our gear." Tony replied. "No, you didn't!" Ziva responded. She grabbed her deodorant out of Tony's hand, looking at it with disgust. "What's going on?" Kayla asked. "Your boyfriend tried to use my deodorant." Ziva said. She lifted her arm, about to throw her deodorant away. "Whoa! What's wrong with it?" Kayla asked. "A hair!" Ziva answered. Kayla grabbed the deodorant and picked off the hair, and threw it away. "There!" Kayla said, handing Ziva her deodorant back.

Ziva rolled her eyes, and put it back in her desk drawer. Kayla reached into her bag, and handed some deodorant to her fiancé. "Thanks babe." he whispered, kissing her on the forehead. Kayla looked over at McGee. It looked as if he was about to say something …

~ Credit to John Mayer for the lyrics of "Your Body Is A Wonderland"

*-*-*

Ziva left the room to do something. "Wait! You're the one who left that comment on Tony's MySpace? You're the mystery woman?" McGee asked. Kayla smiled innocently. "Guilty." she answered. "Don't even think about telling Gibbs, Probie." Tony added, giving him a death stare. "Tell me what, DiNozzo?" Gibbs said, walking into the bullpen. "Uhh, nothing, nothing at all, Boss." Tony replied. "Okay, uhm, can you two go look into the Harrison case?" Gibbs asked Kayla & Tony. "McGee, you're with me." he added. As the two walked to the elevator, they gave McGee a death stare.

When Tony and Kayla got into the car, Kayla turned on the radio. She flipped through the stations and finally settled on one. She smiled at the song that began to play. She looked at her fiance, resting her hand on his leg. Tony looked over at her, smiling, placing his hand on hers. Kayla began to sing the familiar song.

"We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I love to do
Discover me
Discovering you.

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubble gum tongue.

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swimming in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while.

Your body is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder
(I'll use my hands)
Your body is a wonderland."

As she sang, Tony came to a red light. He looked over at his fiancée and smiled. Tony then leaned in and kissed her passionately. Honking horns soon interrupted them. Kayla broke the kiss and looked at the light. "Uhm, Baby, it's green." she said, catching her breath. Tony grabbed the steering wheel, driving away.

Kayla finished the song when they reached the site. "Why don't you sketch & shoot, and I'll bag & tag." Tony said, handing Kayla the camera. Just that moment, Kayla's cell phone rang. "I'll be right back, babe. It might be Gibbs." she replied, handing him the camera back. "Okay, sweetie." he responded. She walked away, answering her phone.

"Hello?" "Hey Kay! How are you?" the voice answered. "OMG! Gina! How are you?" Kayla squealed. She continued to talk on her phone. Tony heard her and ran over to her side. he placed his hands on her hips. Kayla giggled as he kissed her neck. "Who is it?" he whispered. "Hang on a sec, G." she said, covering the mouthpiece. "It's my friend Gina from Indiana." Kayla added.

A few minutes later, the two heard a car pull up, and a familiar voice. "McGee! Find DiNozzo and Clark!" "G! I gotta go. I'll call you later!" Kayla said quickly, hanging up her phone, and putting it in her pocket. Tony handed her a pair of gloves and the camera. "Boss! I found them!" McGee yelled, as he got closer to the couple.

"What do you want, McGee?" Tony asked. "Uhh, Boss just wanted me to find you guys." McGee replied. "Uhh, okay." Kayla added. The three returned to the site. Kayla began snapping pictures. "So, what do we know?" Gibbs asked. "We don't know anything yet. Ducky hasn't arrived yet." Kayla said. "Palmer probably got lost again, Boss." Tony added.

*-*-*

After she was done shooting, Kayla walked away from everyone to check her cell phone. When she opened it, she saw "1 Missed Text Message". Kayla clicked ‘Read Message'. She smiled as she read it. "Kay! Wanna go 2 dinner 2nite? Me, u, & mystery man? WBS. Luv G." "Sure! We'd luv 2. We'll B there. " Kayla answered. She put her phone on silent, and put it back into her pocket. Tony saw her and walked over to her. "Hey babe. Is everything okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. Gina wants to go out for dinner tonight. You, her, and me. She wants to meet my mystery man." Kayla responded. "Oh, okay." Tony whispered. She giggled and smiled sweetly. Tony looked around to see if anyone was looking. "Perfect." he thought to himself. "Come here." Tony said in a low, husky voice. Kayla leaned in and kissed him passionately. Just that minute, Tony's cell phone rang. "I just can't get a break today!" he thought.

He groaned, pulling it out of his pocket. He looked at his caller ID. "Damn it!" Tony cursed under his breath. "Yeah, boss?" he answered. Kayla kept her arms wrapped around her fiancé. "We're on it, boss." Tony ended the call. "What's up?" Kayla asked. "He wants us to head back to HQ." Tony answered. Kayla shook her head and hugged him again. "I love you." Tony said, kissing her on the head. "I love you too." Kayla replied.

*-*-*

"You guys can go home. We can work on the case tomorrow." Gibbs said. Tony and Kayla got up and walked to the elevator. When the doors closed, Kayla looked at her fiancé. "Baby, I'll be there in a minute. I need to talk to Abby." She said. "Okay, I'll be waiting for you in the car." Tony responded, kissing her forehead. The elevator doors opened, and Kayla walked out smiling.

"Abs!" she yelled into the lab. "Kayla!" Abby yelled back. Abby appeared smiling. "What's up?" Abby added. "Not much really. We're going out to dinner tonight." Kayla said. "Ooh! Sounds romantic." Abby exclaimed. "Well, that's the thing. It's me, Tony and my friend Gina. She wants to meet my mystery man." Kayla added. "Fun!" "Yeah, and she's like my twin sister and I don't know if she'll approve of Tony or not." Kayla said. Abby gave her friend a reassuring smile. "Kay, if you two are like twins, I'm pretty sure that she'll approve of him. Anyways, what's not to like about Tony?" she answered.

"You're right. Thanks Abs. You're the best." Kayla added. "That's what friends are for, right?" Abby said. "Yeah! Ooh, well, I gotta get going. Tony's waiting for me in the car." "No problem. Make sure you see me tomorrow morning when you get in." Abby said. The two hugged and waved good-bye to each other.

* Credit to Don Bellesario for part of the ending.. It's from "Terminal Leave" of Season 2.

Kayla walked out of her fiancé's bathroom. She was dressed in a stunning, black, strapless, princess-like gown. Her hair was partly up with the rest in curls. Everything looked perfect on her. Kayla took a deep breath and walked into Tony's living room, where he was waiting. He looked up, and just the sight of her took his breath away. Tony stood up and walked over to her. "Wow! You look amazing! Stunning! Gorgeous!" he said. "Thanks, baby." she blushed.

*-*-*

"She should be here any minute." Kayla thought. Just that second, she heard a familiar voice. "Kayla Clark, is that you?" Kayla arose from her seat and saw her best friend. "Gina!" she squealed, hugging her friend. "Wow! You look amazing!" Gina said. "Well, look at you!" Kayla replied. "Oh! May I introduce you to my mystery man.. Anthony, well Tony, DiNozzo. And baby, this is my best friend since my Junior year of High School, Gina Parker." she added. "Nice to meet you." Tony said, shaking hands with Gina. "You too." Gina responded.

"Baby, I'll be right back." Tony whispered in Kayla's ear. She nodded her head to let him know that she agreed. "So? What do you think?" Kayla asked. "Damn Kay! I forgot how good of taste you had in men!" Gina answered. "Does he have a twin?" she asked. "Mmm, afraid not. Sorry." Kayla replied. The two girls continued to talk and catch up.

A few minutes passed and Kayla was explaining her and Tony's first date when Gina gasped. "What? What's wrong?" Kayla asked. Gina didn't answer. She just stared behind Kayla. "What?" Kayla added. Kayla turned around to see Tony holding a dozen or more red roses. "For my beautiful fiancée." Tony said, putting them down on the table. "Oh, my -- T -- To --" Kayla stuttered. He sat down next to her and kissed her. "Mmm, I ---" Kayla tried to speak. Tony placed his finger on her lips to hush her. "I know you love me. But I love you more." he whispered.

"Uhm, I'll be back. I have to use the restroom." Gina said, rising for the table. Kayla began to cry. Tony wiped away her tears, kissing her cheek. "I'm going to go to the restroom too. Be right back." Kayla added, kissing Tony back on the cheek. Kayla reached the restroom and saw her make-up in the mirror. She laughed at how bad it looked. "Hey! You okay?" Gina asked. "Yeahh. Tony's just such a sweetheart." Kayla answered. The two hugged and fixed Kayla's make-up.

*-*-*

"Baby, I'm gonna go outside for some fresh air. I'll only be out for a few minutes." Kayla said. She and Tony had been home for about an hour. "Okay, sweetie." he replied. She was still in her dress, but she didn't care. Kayla stood in the cold thinking about the date. Tony walked outside to see if everything was okay. He noticed that she had her arms crossed like she was cold. Tony took off his blazer from his suit and put it on her shoulders. Kayla turned around and smiled. "I love you.. You are too perfect for me." she said, hugging Tony. "I love you too. And you are too perfect for me." he answered.

He leaned in and began to kiss her. Just as he started to kiss her, he felt a drop of water fall on his cheek. The two stopped and looked up to the sky. It began to pour down rain. Kayla looked back at Tony with a smile on her face. "Come here." he whispered. The couple completely ignored the rain, continuing to kiss. "This is heaven." Kayla thought to herself.

*-*-*

"Mmm." Kayla moaned. She squinted at Tony's clock. She then rolled over to see Tony sleeping peacefully. Kayla quietly got up and walked into his bathroom. She undressed and hopped into the shower. She knew they had a long day of work ahead of them. Kayla heard the door creak, but she ignored it. Kayla began to sing a random song that came to her head.

"I'm sexy as I wanna be
Got these fellas chasin' me
Let's go with this freak show
Outrageous
When I move my body
Outrageous
When I'm at a party
Outrageous..."

When she sang the last line, Kayla heard a man's voice sing it with her. She pulled back the shower curtain and saw Tony in front of the sink. "Tony! When did you get in here?" "Few minutes ago." as he brushed his teeth. She sighed and closed the curtain as if she were mad at him. Kayla heard him say out loud. "Outrageous!" with a sexy growl. "Tony." she said innocently, opening the curtain again. Tony turned around with one of his million-dollar smiles on his face. "Yes, sweetheart?"

Kayla pointed at him and motioned for him to join her. He gave her a sexy look, stripping out of his boxers. He walked over to her with a smile on his face. Kayla opened the curtain a little more for him. As he got in, Kayla began to kiss him.

*-*-*

"Be right back. Gotta talk to Abby." Kayla said. "Okay, babe." he answered, kissing her lips She smiled as she got off the elevator. "Outrageous." escaped Tony's lips again, soon followed by his sexy growl. Kayla turned around and ran back into the elevator. "Wha --?" Tony questioned. Kayla ran into his arms and began to kiss him ravenously. Finally, the two parted for air. "Mm, what was that for?" Tony asked, trying to catch his breath. "Because, I love the way you do your ‘Outrageous' with that sexy growl." she responded. "Mmm." Tony growled, raising an eyebrow.

"Come with me." Kayla added, leading him to Abby's lab. "Kayla!" Abby squealed. "Hey Abs." Kayla said. "So? Did she approve?" Abby asked. "Mm-hmm, and I love him even more." Kayla replied. "Why? What'd you do?" Abby questioned, giving Tony her best Gibbs glare. Kayla pulled the pictures out of her purse and handed them to Abby. "OMG! Kay, these are beautiful!" she said. "Yeah, he surprised me with them when Gina and I were talking about our first date." Kayla responded.

"Aww, you two look so amazing together." Abby added. "Thanks, Abs." Kayla blushed. "Baby, I'm heading on upstairs so Gibbs knows we're here." Tony whispered in his fiancée's ear. "Okay, I'll be right up." she whispered back. "Love ya!" he added. He spanked Kayla's ass and walked out of the lab. Kayla giggled, watching him leave. "What was that about?" Abby asked. "Oh, we made out in the rain last night and we had some fun in the shower this morning." Kayla answered. "Oooh! Sounds like fun." Abby said. "I wish McGee was like that." she added. "Oh, Abs, give him time." Kayla replied, giving her best friend a reassuring smile.

"Oh hey! I better get going. You know how cranky Gibbs gets when we're late." she added. "Yeah, okay. I'll talk to ya later then." Abby responded. The two best friends hugged and went their separate ways. As she walked onto the elevator, Kayla's cell phone began to ring. "Hello?" she answered. "Hey Kay! It's me! Do you mind if I stop by for a visit?" the voice said. "No, not at all, Gina!" Kayla responded. "You're in the Navy Yard, right?" Gina asked. "Yeah, I'll be down in a few minutes. See ya then!" Kayla replied, hanging up her phone.

Just as she shut her phone, it buzzed signaling a text message. Kayla opened her phone again to see a text from Tony. "U comin'? " "Look @ the elevator." she answered. As she walked into the bullpen, Kayla heard "Forever Your Girl" by Paula Abdul play. Tony pulled his phone out of his pocket with a smile on his face.

"What's up?" he asked, as she walked to her desk. "Meeting Gina downstairs. She wants to visit me at work." Kayla answered. She walked back over to the elevator. "Where are you going?" Gibbs asked, walking out of the elevator. "I'll be right back, promise" Kayla responded, walking in to the elevator. "Gina!" she squealed, as she saw her best friend enter the building. The two hugged, and Kayla handed her a "NCIS VISITOR"s badge.

The two caught up since the previous night's events. As they entered the bullpen, Gibbs walked up to them, drinking his coffee. "Who are you?" he asked. This brought back memories of her first day of work there at NCIS. "Gina, Gina Parker, sir." she answered. "Jethro." Gibbs said, giving Gina a smile that would knock a girl dead in her tracks. (Gotta love Mark's smile! ) The crew looked around with questionable faces. "I'll be in M-TAC with the Director if you need me." Gibbs added. When they all heard the doors of M-TAC close, everyone began talking. "What was that about?" Kayla asked. "I don't know." Tony said. "That's so unlike him." McGee added.