- Text Size +

He was sitting at the bar, drinking a cold beer when a song came on the jukebox. He paused with the bottle halfway to his mouth. The song was in English and it was country. He looked around to see who selected the song but there was no one near the jukebox. He drank his beer as the song played.


Here I sit with a drink in my hand
Local cantina with a sign hangin' sayin'
Somethin' in Spanish 'bout "let the good times roll"
Between the sandy beaches and the margaritas
Thought I'd find a way to let you go
But there's not enough tequila in Mexico


Your memory didn't come around
No not until the sun went down
and I started wishin' I had you to hold
It's a feeling that just won't fade,
even a thousand miles away
I still want you back with every glass


He sat his beer down, put money on the bar and walked out. There was always something going on that brought her to mind.


~*~*~*~*~*~


The office had gotten quiet since Tony's arrival. McGee was trying to locate Ziva all the while watching the new probie from the corner of his eye. His search came up empty just as Abby's words from earlier came back to him.


"I'm eating for two." She had said, then played it off as if she were talking about the way Michelle ate healthy all the time. He wondered if it was more than that.


~*~*~*~*~*~


He was talking with Mike about the boat on the beach when Camila walked up and dialed the phone. Thinking it was Abby calling to ask him to come back, he was surprised to hear the voice belonging to the one woman he couldn't stop thinking about. Ziva.


~*~*~*~*~*~


His plane touched down and he immediately caught a cab. Funny, she needed a safe place to hide and someone to save her and she called him. He saw his reflection in the window of the cab and realized he should have shaved. Then he remembered he wasn't on the job, he was repaying a debt. It wouldn't matter to Ziva what he looked like. She just needed his help. She would be surprised if she knew he had been able to put Shannon's memory to rest quicker than anyone thought he would and that she, not Shannon, was the reason he worked so hard at Mike's place. It was the only way to keep her out of his dreams at night - to fall exhausted into bed.


~*~*~*~*~*~


Abby was in her lab, worried about Ziva, worried about Gibbs not staying and worried even more about how Tony was going to react to her news. She had had to think quick when she slipped and told McGee she was eating for two; she covered well but still she had a hard time keeping some things quiet. The way her clothes were fitting she wouldn't be able to stay quiet much longer.



***song: Not Enough Tequila by Terri Clark

Chapter End Notes:
Rated R for sex and language in future chapters.