- Text Size +

Abby bit her lip and looked down at the beautiful necklace Tony had given her. Her doorbell rang and she swallowed hard. She wasn't sure how she was going to tell him that she was pregnant. She wasn't sure how he would take it. Answering the door, her smile lacked a bit of its normal Abbyness but Tony swept her into his arms and kicked the door shut.


"I have been waiting for days to get you alone again." He said and smiled down at her.

Abby returned his smile fully this time. She couldn't not return it when he was so unabashedly happy. She saw his eyes drop and his smile widen more than she thought possible.


"You're wearing the necklace."


"Of course I am." She told him and laughed. "Did you think I'd put it away and forget about it?"


"I'd hoped you wouldn't do that but it's not exactly a collar."


"You knew it was perfect for me and that is why I wear it." She told him as she leaned in to kiss his neck. She smiled when she felt his arms tighten around her and full-out grinned when he growled, "Abs!" Kissing his neck up towards his jaw she gently nipped at his earlobe with her teeth. He swung her up in his arms and walked to the bedroom. Bypassing the coffin he laid her on the bed and undressed her slowly, kissing her lips, her neck, and her shoulders as he peeled the shirt off of her. Not waiting for her to help him, he pulled her skirt down her legs and kissed his way down her body feeling the sudden tension in her release as his tongue found what it was questing for and he licked her.


"TONY!" She screamed as his mouth and fingers swiftly moved her closer to the edge. Just as she was about to explode, he started kissing his way back up to her mouth.


He murmured, "Abs, I can't wait any longer," as they both worked to get his pants unfastened and down his legs.


When they caught on his shoes, Abby flipped him over and said, "To hell with your pants." She rose above him and moved her hips over his erection. Easing down slowly because she was so aroused, she moaned as she felt him enter her. His hands grasped her hips and pulled her fully onto him before he flipped them back over to take back control of this erotic dance they were doing. He withdrew almost completely and as Abby looked up at him with her eyes glistening he thrust back into her hard and fast taking her over right there. Watching her face and feeling her climax, Tony pumped faster into her. With a loud groan, he lost control as his body went over the edge with Abby.


He kissed her lips tenderly as he eased off to her side and she curled into his arms, warm and soft and totally spent. She fell asleep almost instantly.


~*~*~*~*~*~


Tony lay there with his arms around Abby. He had gotten rid of the rest of his clothes and covered them both with the sheet and comforter that had been lying near the foot of the bed. They were black of course. Just like the curtains that would keep the light out far longer than the alarm clock would let them sleep in, in the morning. She had turned in her sleep and her head was resting in that spot between his chest and shoulder, right where she fit so perfectly. He remembered back to the first morning that he had woken next to her. Given that it was Abby, she kept switching the music for her alarm clock and she had obviously dug deep to find the Garth Brooks CD that came on. The song she had it set to caught his attention and the words made him aware of what was happening to him.


I can hear that highway calling as I watch the sunrise crawling across her shoulder
This is usually goodbye and yet those words I just can't find as I hold her.


She's like no other woman that I have ever met before
and it ain't me to see the morning sun from this side of the door


At that point Tony had looked down at Abby and realized how true those words were. He had pressed a kiss to her forehead as he listened to the song once more.


Once happiness was only whenever I was on my own
So now why do I feel lonely any time that I'm alone


The alarm on his phone had started and he turned it off as the song continued to play. He had slowly eased his arm out from under Abby's head.


No, they've never built a wall this high or made a chain that strong
And God ain't never made a place I felt like I belong,


Why ain't I running, why ain't I gone
How does she hold me, without holding on
In love or a fight, she's stronger than strong
Something's not right if there ain't nothing wrong
It's got me wondering, why ain't I running
Why ain't I gone


He smiled now as sleep was about to claim him. He had known then why he wasn't running. He knew it still today and more so now. He'd never be able to run from Abby. He drew her closer to him and rubbed his cheek against the top of her head, rubbing her back as she moved restlessly in her sleep. Just as he was falling into a very contented sleep, he wondered what his Abby had to tell him that had her worried.




*****song: Why Ain't I Running by Garth Brooks