- Text Size +

Special Agents McGee and Lee were in the file room pulling cold case files for Gibbs. Tim kept glancing over at Michelle to see if her expression changed.


"I've offended you, haven't I?" He asked and nearly fell over a box as she rounded on him.


"Offended me? What could you possibly have done to offend me, Special Agent McGee? Could it be the way you watch me walk by? Could it be that you act just like Special Agent DiNozzo when he isn't around? Could it be the fact that you and Ms. Sciuto were talking about me as if I couldn't hear you? No, it couldn't be any of those things that offended me!"


Tim looked down at Michelle, noticing once again how tiny she was. "I wasn't trying to belittle you, Agent Lee."


"Are you sure about that Agent McGee?"


"Yes, I'm sure. You're a great agent, Michelle, it's just the nature of this team to joke with each other. If I've made you uncomfortable with that, it wasn't my intention."


"And the remarks about how I always stick to the legalities of things?"


"Mainly just jokes, Michelle. Honestly, we are all impressed with how well you handle yourself, but you have to admit there are times when you need to think outside the box."


Michelle took a deep breath and turned away. "I know what you all think. I know you think I only care about the exact letter of the law and doing things the right way. I can think outside the box. I just like to make sure that the criminals we take down stay down."


Tim looked down at his stack of files and noticed the case he was looking for. As he pulled it, Michelle grabbed her's as well. He grabbed the doorknob and twisted it but the door wouldn't open. Michelle ran into his back since she was looking into her file. "Tim!"


"The door is locked." He said as he turned to look at her.


She rolled her eyes. "It can't be locked." She reached around him and turned the knob herself to find the same thing Tim had. "It is locked! Can't you open it?"


Tim looked down at what he was wearing. His jacket was at his desk as was his kit that he used to pick locks. "My kit is at my desk. I can't pick it."


"My phone is at my desk!" Michelle said, looking like she was about to panic.


"So is mine. So we wait until Gibbs asks for this information which shouldn't take long. We have air and lights. We'll be fine Michelle."


She shook her head. "No, I don't like being locked up Tim." She turned around and tried to pace. There were so many boxes stacked around it was difficult but she managed.


"Michelle..." Tim started but paused to watch for a moment. She truly didn't like being in enclosed spaces. At that moment he knew who was behind this. Abby and Ziva had to have done it. They both knew he was interested in her but wouldn't do anything because of Rule 12. Watching Michelle pace and try not to panic he was ready to knock both their heads together for coming up with this plan. When her breathing started to change, he put his file down. Taking her by the arms, he looked into her eyes. "Michelle, you are ok. We'll get out of this room. The longest we'll be here is maybe ten more minutes."


"Ten minutes. Tim I can't stay in here that long. I have to get out of here!" Michelle's voice rose as she looked around for a way to get out of the room.


Tim realized she wasn't going to calm down. He looked around for something to distract her and all he saw were old cases. That wouldn't take her mind off being locked in this room. Without giving it any further thought, he turned her face up to his and kissed her. Taking her by surprise, her mouth was partially open and he took advantage of that, sweeping his tongue into her mouth, learning her taste. He felt her lips press against his in response to the kiss. Her tongue touched his tentatively and then tangled, learning the feel of his mouth and the taste of his kiss.


Neither of them heard the lock tumble nor the doorknob turn. The sound that brought them back to their senses was someone clearing their throat very loudly. They jumped apart and both turned guiltily toward the door. Tim was the first to speak. "Boss, we weren't...." he stopped when Gibbs raised an eyebrow to refute what he was about to say.


Michelle grabbed her file and stepped forward. "I was having a panic attack Agent Gibbs. Tim was trying to help me get over it." She blushed when he turned his stare towards her.


Gibbs turned away and got his smile under control. "Don't close the door next time you two. Less likely to be locked in that way."


Michelle's shoulders dropped and she muttered, "He really hates me."


"He doesn't hate you Michelle. It's just his way." Tim tried to explain.


"I broke Rule 12. And I apologized basically. I can't keep his rules!" She said quietly as they walked toward the elevators.


"We broke Rule 12. And an explanation isn't always considered an apology by Gibbs." They stepped into the elevator and Michelle still looked upset. "Can I take you to dinner to make up for it?" He asked.


Michelle looked up at him and said, "That depends. Is this the DiNozzo influence or is this Tim asking me out?"


"It's Tim." He told her and gave her his goofy grin.


She turned back to face the elevator doors. Just as they were coming to a stop she replied, "In that case, you can pick me up at 1900." She walked away leaving Tim shocked and happy standing in the elevator as the doors closed on him.