- Text Size +

Abby was pacing in her lab waiting for the test results to come back. She bit the inside of her lip and put her hand on her belly. When she tasted blood she realized she had bitten too hard. As she was cleaning the blood off, Tony walked in and rushed over.


"What happened?" He asked seeing the towel she discarded.


"I bit my lip while I was waiting for the test to run," she told him. Passing by him to go to her computer she spun around halfway there. "Are you finished for the day when you get these results?"


Tony smiled. "Yes, I am." He waggled his eyebrows. "Are you in a hurry to get me out of here?"


Grinning like nothing was out of the ordinary, as if tonight wouldn't change the rest of their lives, she answered, "I love getting you alone, Tony, you know that."


He grinned even bigger and then snapped to attention as Gibbs walked in. "Abs was just about to explain what she's found boss."


Abby smiled at Gibbs and said, "Indeed I was." She went over the evidence with them and as they walked out, she slumped onto her stool. Now what?


~*~*~*~*~*~


Abby was sitting on Tony's couch watching as he ran around the apartment picking up some trash he hadn't thrown away. She was nervous and all his efforts to clean for her weren't helping at that moment.


"Tony, could you come sit down please?," she asked as she patted the seat next to her.


Whatever he saw when he looked at her caused him to put down the napkins in his hand and move over to her. "What's wrong, Abby?" She swallowed and he took her hand, pushing her now loose hair out of her face. "Whatever it is you can tell me, Abs. It'll be ok." She couldn't say a word. "Abby? You're starting to worry me."


Abby took her hand from him and framed his face with both her hands. She kissed him gently on the lips and rested her forehead against his. "Tony, I have to talk to you and I want you to stay quiet until I'm done. Can you do that for me?"


He stared at her and she saw in his eyes the effort it took him to do nothing more than nod. She nodded and pursed her lips together.


~*~*~*~*~*~


Tony was looking at Abby. She still hadn't said anything and not talking was killing him. He had a feeling she was about to tell him she didn't want to be with him anymore, at least not exclusively. If that happened, he didn't know how he'd react, what he'd say. He didn't want her seeing other men; he didn't want her being with other men. If he had learned only one thing about himself in these past few months, that one thing would be that he couldn't live without Abby in his life, but he didn't think he could share her. He took a deep breath and tilted her head so that she had to look him in the eye. He had promised he wouldn't say anything so he'd have to let her read him that way. It was like a fist to his gut when he saw that she had tears shimmering in her green eyes.


"Tony, I've tried to figure out how this happened. Really, I have gone over everything in my head. Everyday since the day before you came back it's been all I could think about. How did this happen? How was I going to tell you? What were you going to say? I've worried myself sick over this and I can't do it anymore. I have to get it out or else ...." She broke off and jumped up from the couch. He sat in confusion as she ran to the bathroom. As soon as he heard her start to throw up, it hit him. She hadn't drank a Caf-Pow at work that day, not a one. No caffeine at all that he remembered seeing. She had been pale and tired right before his trip and even now in the days since he'd been back he had been amazed at how quickly she would fall to sleep when before she would talk his ear off before finally easing into slumber. The changes to her body all made sense; her breasts seemed to be extra sensitive and her waistline had changed a bit. He was off the couch like a shot, joining her in the bathroom over her protests as he wet a cloth and helped to wipe her face, cooling her down.


"Abby, why didn't you tell me when I got back into town?"


She turned to look at him. "You know?"


He laughed and told her, "I'm a Special Agent. I can put two and two together and come up with three."


"Four," she corrected then realized what he meant. She stared at him and he couldn't help but smile at her. His beautiful Abby was having a baby. His baby. "You're ok with this?" She asked him.


He nodded. "Yes, I'm ok with this. Are you?"


She broke into a beautiful smile. "Yes!" She threw her arms around him and knocked him backwards on the bathroom floor.


They started talking at the same time, "This is unexpected. I never would have thought about a baby before now but...." Tony looked at Abby and realized they were smiling and excited and it floored him more than her knocking him down. He put his hand on her stomach and whispered, "A baby...." Abby's hand covered his and she said quietly, "Our baby."


Tony gently pulled her closer to him and kissed her lips. "You're amazing Abby."

She smiled at him again and snuggled into his arms.
Kissing his neck, she told him, "So are you."