- Text Size +

Tony was rubbing Abby's back when Gibbs walked in the lab. Jumping as if he had already been smacked, Tony moved to the other side of Abby's desk. Gibbs looked at the two of them and shook his head.


"Are you going to do right by Abby, Tony?" He asked. When Tony and Abby turned and looked at him in shock he smiled. "I'm not talking marriage. I'm talking about the baby."


"The baby?" They asked together.


Staring at them he asked, "You didn't think you were actually hiding this from me, did you?"


"Yes, we did!" Tony said and got a look from Gibbs. "No, well we didn't think anyone knew."


"Knew what?" Ziva asked as she walked into the lab holding a bag of evidence.


Abby took a deep breath and told her, "I'm pregnant."


"I knew it!" Tim said and he and Michelle walked in to bring Gibbs the search warrant he had asked for.


"And how did you know Probie?" Tony asked.


Tim smiled, "I'm a skilled investigator, Tony. I've been trained to observe things."


Gibbs and Ziva each turned to hide the amusement on their faces at that. Tony noticed this and narrowed his eyes. "And what else have you observed, Probie?" He asked Tim barely nodding in their boss's direction.


"Well, I've noticed that Gibbs and Ziva seem to get along quite nicely these days." He said and then tried to bluster his way out of the hole he dug when Gibbs turned to stare at him. "Not that you haven't gotten along with her nicely before boss, but lately, it's ..... shutting up now, Boss."


Ziva laughed. "And what about you and Michelle, Tim?"


"Probie and Probie?" Tony said and then noticed how the two were both red in the face. "Ah, now I see."


Abby smiled at the revelations being bandied about and thought to add one of her own. "You know, we aren't the only ones breaking Rule 12." When all eyes were on her, the smile turned to a grin. "Ducky and the Director have been having a lot of dinners together lately. Mrs. Mallard really seems to like her too."


Unable to help himself Gibbs laughed out loud at that one. He looked around the room at his team. Still smiling he said, "Don't we have a case to work on?"


"Yeah, boss."


"Right away, Boss."


"Going now, Jethro."


Gibbs smiled again when Ziva said that and turned to pat her bum as she passed by him.


"I saw that Gibbs!" Abby shouted as he walked towards the elevators. When she was alone she looked at her computer and said to herself, "Guess no one wants to know the results of the DNA test."


Her phone rang and she answered, "You're on the air!"


"Abs, what were the results of that DNA test you were running?" Gibbs asked from his car.


She laughed and told him the DNA matched both the suspect and the blood found at the crime scene.