- Text Size +

Gibbs was at his desk watching the search on his monitor but not noticing the faces flashing past him. He was thinking of what Ziva told him several months ago.


"They've been following me, Jethro. My father has had men taking photos of me." Ziva said and lowered her voice as an agent walked past them. "We can't be seen together. The one night we had was dangerous enough."


Gibbs smiled at her. "Oh really? And here I thought you lived on danger." She cut him a look and he turned his head to keep from laughing. "So we get creative. Unless you don't want to continue this?"


The longing in her eyes told him all he needed to know. He nodded his head and she stood up straight. "Right, very good then." she said and walked back to her desk. He watched as she studiously ignored DiNozzo's questions and McGee's look. She was a smart one, his Ziva.


He smiled as he switched off his lamp and left for the night. They had met every night since then. Rule 12 still was viable but as he took a look around the bullpen before stepping onto the elevator he was afraid that his team might have a hard time upholding it.


------------------------------


Michelle put the book down and looked over at where Tim was trying to lay casually on her couch. He had been watching her nervously for the last several hours as she finished reading his book. When he first told her about it she had been reluctant to read it. If she didn't like it, she would hate to tell him so. If she did like it, she worried he wouldn't believe her. Since starting it though, she had realized once again how brilliant Tim's mind truly was. Smiling she thought to herself, she'd help with the names though. Tommy for Tony, Lisa for Ziva? Slightly obvious really. All in all, it was a wonderful book. She told him so. He smiled at her.


"Really? You think it's good? Because DiNozzo says it's crap."


"Tony thinks that because he doesn't have the patience to sit down and create a story like this baby." She told him.


"You think so?" he asked and looked so hopeful that she went over to him.


"Of course. Where would he find the time anyway?" Michelle grinned thinking of that day at work. "Abby has him hopping as it is."


Tim laughed and agreed. "Abby will make a fine mother though."


Michelle nodded. "Yes she will." Turning to him she kissed his lips. "It will be fun to watch Tony adjusting though."


Shaking his head, Tim smiled. "Yes, it will be."


---------------------------------------


Abby paced around the bedroom. She had one hand on her back and one on her belly. Frustrated with Tony at not being allowed to help put the baby's crib together she had retreated to their room and had been unable to sit still. She was about to lay down and rest when she stopped still in the middle of the room. Looking down she saw the puddle at her feet. Shaking her head, determined to do things her way, she cleaned up the mess and then went to find Tony. He was bent over the crib, cussing at the instructions and holding two screwdrivers and the side rail in his hands.


"Tony..." she said and had to pause when the contraction hit her.


"Abby, I already told you, I'm not letting you help with this."


"Tony..." she tried again and he cut her off this time.


"Abby darling why don't you go take a nap and I'll wake you when this is finished?" He asked absently not looking in her direction.


"Well if I wasn't in labor I might do that." She told him.


He went stock still. Dropping the screwdrivers and letting the side rail clatter to the floor, he ran to her in a panic. "We have to..."


Abby put her finger to his lips and pointed towards the door. Her bag was already there as were the cell phones and car keys. Tony looked at her and couldn't stop the smile from spreading across his face. "You took care of it already. Do I need to do anything other than drive you to the hospital?"


Abby took his hand and led him to the door. "Just be with me and love me Tony. Because I have a feeling I'm not going to be that lovable when this gets into the hard labor stage."


---------------------------------


Ziva and Michelle kept pacing around the waiting room, making the other families there nervous. Jethro and Tim were drinking coffee and trying to look calm while being complete wrecks on the inside. Ducky was the only truly calm one. He had complete confidence that everything would be fine. There was a good reason that the two men and two women had their doubts, they could hear Abby screaming at Tony from down the hall. What they didn't know and couldn't hear was that she was yelling at him for not packing her laptop in their overnight bag. She wanted to record the baby's information while it was still fresh in her mind. The OB/GYN reassured her that they would take accurate records and she could have copies of everything if that would help her settle down and push. Once they had another nurse come in the room to just write down everything, Abby squeezed Tony's hand and did what the doctor instructed. Thirty minutes later Tony was holding his son, Jacob Anthony DiNozzo. A nurse, the same one recording everything, was sent to tell the others and get their reactions. Once Abby was back in her room and Jacob had been washed, weighed and nursed, the team was able to come in and watch the happy family. Jimmy was the last one in and he smiled at the couple and grinned at the red faced, chubby cheeked baby before asking, "So when are you guys getting married?"


--------------------------------------------



The end? or would you like a sequel?


~Calalily~