- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What happens when Abby wakes up. A slightly longer chapter.
Chapter 3
When Abby woke up she was in a dark room. No not a room an abandoned prison cell. It had three walls and a wall of bars, a toilet, a pathetic excuse for a bed, and a really disgusting floor. As Abby became more orientated she stood up and walked to the bars. As she looked out she could see the other prison cells with women in them. Some dead, some barely alive. There must have been about 10 or 15 people in there! One of them saw her and started to say something but was interrupted by a harsh, “Shut up” coming from up the hall. Abby guessed it was the kidnapper’s.

When Tony went back to the car to find that Abby wasn’t there he got a little concerned, they were in a cemetery after all, but he just thought, “Abby’s a big girl she can take care of herself. Besides I bet she just went for something to eat or to make a call or something. She’ll come back.”

When she didn’t come back after an hour when it was time to go he became more concerned. “McGee!” He yelled, “You seen Abby?”
“Nope, haven’t seen her since she left the crime scene.”
“Ziva?”
“No, I haven’t seen her all day.”
As he turned away he dialed her number into his phone. Something started to ring just feet away from him. He looked around and then picked up Abby’s phone. Something was wrong. She wouldn’t leave her phone behind no matter where she went or what was happening. He opened it and saw 2 missed calls and a txt message show up. His was the first missed call, the second was from a number he didn’t recognize, but it was the txt message that got his attention when he opened it. It was a video message. It was Abby and she was being stuffed into the back of a van, unconscious. He dialed the number he didn’t recognize into his phone and when they picked up it was very obvious who it was. “What the..? Did Abby give you this number DiNozzo? I told her not to. Why the hell are you calling me?”
Tony was speechless for a second, “Uh… Hey Boss… I mean Gibbs… I mean umm.”
“DiNozzo! Why the hell did you call me?”
“Because you were umm… the last missed call on Abby’s umm… phone.”
“So first you steal my phone and now Abby’s? Put her on for a sec.”
“I didn’t steal her...” He started to defend himself getting back into the habit of it, “I mean she’s not here Gibbs, she’s been kidnapped.”
“Arh Crap!”
“She was at the cemetery..” DiNozzo started but was then interrupted by Gibbs.
“Yeah, I know the story she told me. My gut was telling me something wasn’t right as soon as we hung up.”
“We’re gonna find her Gibbs.”
Beep Beep Beep
Gibbs had hung up.

As Abby’s eyes adjusted to the light she could see what looked like food. Not much but food. She wasn’t game to eat it. She would rather starve than eat something that was poisoned. Out side her cell she herd a door bang and then all the women started to talk. The woman in the cell next to her extended her hand. “I’m Greta.”
“I’m Abby. Where are we, whose doing this and why.”
“Well we are in an abandoned prison, apparently the guy whose doing this is called David something-or-other, I think it starts with ‘T’ and no one knows why. He keeps saying something about his sister.”
“Wow, how long have you been in here?”
“Personally, I’ve been here for about 2 weeks but some of these girls have been here much longer. By the way you should eat the food. It’s not poisoned, it’s the only reason we’re still here.”
“What does he do to you?”
“Well, basically we don’t talk when he’s here or we get beaten to just about death and then he leaves us. He does that to everyone eventually even if there isn’t a reason.”
“How have you survived?”
“Our training. All of us are from one agency or another, FBI, ATF, CIA. Where you from?”
“I’m the lab tech at NCIS…”