- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is back. These 4 chapters were submitted at the same time. I'm about to go write chapter 5. Hopefully some suprises but hey, my stories probably prodictable.
“What do we know?” Gibbs almost yelled across the bull pen. He might not be an NCIS agent anymore but he still had contacts. At the sound of his voice everyone looked up surprised at he sudden return but grateful none the less. “Ahh… Hi Boss, I mean sir, I mean Gibbs, Boss sir.”
“Do I still look like your boss DiNozzo?” Gibbs asked but didn’t wait for an answer, “Do we know anything yet? Where is she, can we track her through GPS?”
“Ahh…” Tony started then got it together, “She went missing about 2 hours ago from just outside a crime scene. She doesn’t have he phone, I found it a few feet away from where she was abducted.” Tony said in a very professional and boss-like way.
“I’m going to see the director,” Gibbs said, “You had better have something for me when I get back.” He ordered going back into boss-mode as he walked up the stairs to the director’s office. Tony, Ziva, and McGee just stood there trying to grasp what just happened. “Get going.” Gibbs yelled from the top of the stairs.
“Yes, Boss,” they all said in unison and started rushing around.

“Agent Gibbs, I mean sir, the director’s in a meeting.” Cynthia said.
“Well this can’t wait, get her out of the meeting.” Gibbs said a bit frustrated.
“She’s almost done. She’s due to finish in five minutes.”
“I don’t have five minutes.”
“Okay I’ll see what I can do.” Cynthia said picking up the phone, “Director, Gibbs is here and he says he needs to talk to you and it is urgent.” After a short break when Jenny was talking she hung up. “You may go in.”
“Thanks” Gibbs said and Cynthia was a bit taken back by the politeness.
“Gibbs, what is so urgent that you have to interrupt my teleconference meeting with the president.” Director Jenny asked as she walked into her office from MTAC.
“Do you know about Abby?” Gibbs asked.
“I’ve been in important meetings since I came in this morning. I don’t have time to deal with whatever problem Abby is having. Wait a second, is she okay, why are you even here? Shouldn’t you be on a beach somewhere in Mexico?” Jenny asked puzzled.
“Probably, but when the closest person I’ve had to a daughter since Kelly died is kidnapped I’m not going to sit back and wait for my old team to figure out what to do.” Gibbs said so quickly it was slurred. “What happened to her?” Jenny asked still confused.
“I just said, she was kidnapped. She was with DiNozzo at Kate’s grave when they found a body and Abby was kidnapped. I need a temporary reinstatement. NOW!” Gibbs demanded. “Okay, I’ll do one up for you.”
“Good, I need to go see Ducky.” Gibbs said as he walked out the room.
“Duck, what have you got for me?”
“Jethro, are you back for Abigail?”
“No, I’m just reinstated for any old case. What have you got?”
“The body was female, late twenties, early thirties. I have sent tissue samples up to Ab…” He stopped and then started again, “Up to the lab to see if we can find out who it is.”

“What am I going to do?” Abby asked Greta in the cell next to her, “I’m not trained, I’m only a lab tech, sure I’ve had bad experiences and have fought people off but I don’t know whether I can handle this.”
“You’ll be fine, you need to have positive thoughts.” Greta said. “Do you think they will be out looking for you?”
“I hope so. I just wish…” Abby didn’t finish.
“Just wish what?” Greta asked.
“I trust the team to find me but the two people I trust most can’t do anything.” Abby said starting to cry. “Why not?” Greta asked concerned about her new friend.
“Well one is dead, I was visiting her when I was abducted. The other well, he retired a week ago and he’s in Mexico. I was talking to him just before I was abducted. He is the best father I’ve ever had. My own father was never around.” Abby said the memories paining her. “Ohh… Well I’m sure they will find us.” Greta said with a hint of hope in her voice.