- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The second last chapter in the story.
“Ohh… Well I’m sure they will find us.” Greta said with a hint of hope in her voice.
The door slammed open and the bright lights were turned on, giving Abby, after her eyes adjusted, a full view of her surroundings and a better look at their abductor. ‘Oh my gosh,’ Abby thought as she looked at him, ‘it can’t be… it is, its Kate’s brother. David. David Todd. Oh no.’ Abby knew that this wasn’t good. David had a history of violence, nothing to serious, a couple of fist fights and he had hit Kate once or twice. Overall he didn’t seem to be such a bad guy though. As she looked around at the other cells she noticed one with two people in it. One was still in a shadow so she couldn’t see exactly what they looked like but the other was only a child. She was about 4 years old and looked so much like Kate. Abby figured it must be Kate’s niece. She was jerked from he thoughts when Greta’s cell was opened harshly. She was dragged out by her arm. ‘Hurry up and find me… Gibbs.’ If she had learnt anything from Gibbs it was to trust her gut and her gut was telling her two things: 1- she was hungry and 2-that some way or some how Gibbs knew something was up.
------------------------

The temporary lab tech was nervous, Gibbs could sense it. “I’m running the DNA through all the sys…systems I can think o...off.” She stuttered.
“Call me when you have something.” Gibbs said harshly going to the elevator. Once in he flicked the emergency switch. “Damn it Abs.” He said out loud. He stood in thought for a while before heading back up to the squad room. “What have you got?” He almost yelled. “Ur…ahh, I’m about to go pick up the security cameras from the cemetery to se if Abby’s on them.” Tony said.
“Why are you still here, DiNozzo?” Gibbs retaliated. With that DiNozzo ran out of the building. “Ziva, what have you got?” Gibbs asked immediately after he left.
Ziva didn’t even start to speak before McGee interrupted. “Gibbs, did you know Kate had a daughter?”
“No, since when?” Gibbs asked with sudden interest.
“She was in the Secret Service, went on maternity leave and came back straight after the baby was supposed to be born.”
“Suppose to, McGee?”
“She supposedly had a miscarriage but the child was actually put into protection with one of Kate’s brothers, David, She had to be kept there because of the dangers of Kate’s job.”
“Hold old is this child, and what’s its name?” Ziva asked with concern in her face. Her name is Bethany Mary Todd and she is turning 5 next month.” McGee started but before he could continue with whatever he was saying Ziva chimed in, “A young girl of the same name and age was reported missing with her father by Janet Todd almost a year ago. Also…” McGee interrupted getting off the phone that he picked up when Ziva started talking. “It’s the same girl, shortly after that Janet Todd was also reported missing. Janet was Kate’s sister, David was her brother they were taking care of her daughter.”
“How is this going to help us find Abby?” Gibbs practically yelled.
“Because Janet is one of 2 dozen missing agents resembling or associated with Kate. They are thinking this could be a revenge thing.”
“Get me the names and the agencies pronto!” Gibbs demanded then headed to the elevator, “I’m going for coffee.”
-----------------------
After what seemed like forever Greta was brought back to her cell and David left. “What happened? What did he do to you?” Abby asked all at once.
“He just interrogated me, something about his sister.”
“His sister worked for NCIS, she was my best friend, she looked quite like you, what did he actually ask?” Abby informed her.
“If I knew anything about her death, if I knew who was responsible, if I was responsible. When I said I didn’t know anything he started hitting me.”
“He’s gone psycho. Hey do you know who that little girl is in that cell?” Abby asked the question that had been burning inside of her. “No I don’t sorry, all I know is that she never gets hit neither does the other lady.”
“She looks enough like Kate to be her daughter but I doubt it.” Abby commented.
“Say do you know what happened to Kate?” Greta asked wanting to try and make some sense of this guy. “Yeah she was ahh…” Abby’s eyes started to fill with tears, she only ever talked about Kate’s death to Gibbs and very rarely Tony, “She was shot by a… a terrorist named Ari Haswari. It was to cause our team leader pain. Ari was shot a few weeks after Kate’s death by his step-sister Ziva to protect Gibbs, our team leader, or should I say old team leader.” Abby said with tears threatening to fall again but she pushed them back.
------------------
When Gibbs got back with coffee in hand McGee jumped down his throat, “Why didn’t you answer your phone? O well never mind the body belonged to FBI Agent Jaclyn Parker. She looks just like Kate,” McGee said quickly putting the image up on the screen and continuing to speak in a blur of words, “I also think I might have found where Abby is. I remembered that as a precaution after last time Abby put a GPS in her wrist cuffs. I tracked it to an old prison 20 minutes north of here.” McGee said gearing up and following his boss down to the car park. “The truck is ready to go with Tony and Ziva in it.”
“Let’s hope we’re too late.” Gibbs said.
-----------------------
Just then the lights flickered back on and David came to Abby’s cell and dragged her out. She was dragged to an old interrogation room that obviously had been used b him before by the blood scattered everywhere. “What happened to my sister?” David asked pushing Abby into a chair. “She was killed by a terrorist sniper.” Abby said calmly.
“LIAR!” David screamed and slapped her across the face…
----------------
“She’s still there, I’ve got a bad feeling Gibbs.” McGee said.
“So do I.” Gibbs stated simply and kept driving at the fastest possible speed.
---------------------------
“Who killed her, what happened, and don’t give me this terrorist bull.” David demanded grabbing her arm tightly.
“It’s the truth and the terrorist was killed a few weeks after he killed Kate.”
“I told you not to lie!” David screamed and broke her delicate arm. Abby screamed in pain.
--------------------------
The agents ran out of the car and into the abandoned prison. They had gotten there in 10 minutes with Gibbs driving. They all knew what to do and quickly cleared the main room and turned the lights on. They found all the women in cells and ran down checking each one for Abby. “Abby’s not here!” Gibbs yelled.
“Abby? She’s in the interrogation room!” Greta called from her cell.
“Dinozzo, David, McGee call an ambulance and get these women out of here. I’ll go find Abs.” Gibbs ordered and they went to work.
----------------------------------------------
“Tell me now or I’ll break the other arm!” David ordered grabbing her other arm.
“I told you already!” Abby yelled at him, just as David was about to break her arm Gibbs burst through the door.
“Let her go now!” Gibbs ordered.
“Gibbs!” Abby yelled. David pulled a gun out and pointed it at Abby’s head.
“Drop the weapon or I’ll shoot you.” Gibbs practically yelled. He didn’t and after about 30 seconds he was on the floor. Gibbs ran over and Abby jumped into his arms forgetting about her broken arm. Gibbs caught her just in time and carried her out to the waiting ambulances. She passed out on the way.
Chapter End Notes:
This has turned out so much different then i expected. Enjoy! Sorry the next update will be delayed as my computer broke down and I lost al of chapter 6.