- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The last chapter.
He sat beside Abby in the hospital. She still hadn’t woken up yet. It had been 12 hours. The doctors said she would be fine and wake up when her body had properly rested. That didn’t stop him from worrying. Just then he felt something grab his hand.
“Gibbs?”
“Abby, you’re awake. Thank God. I was really worried about you.”
“Gibbs? What are you doing here? You’re retired and in Mexico. You shouldn’t be… wait where are we.” Abby asked looking around. She was wondering why she was in a hospital.
“You at Bethesda. Do you remember what happened?” Gibbs answered and asked.
“I don’t even know why I’m here.” Abby asked getting a bit upset.
“It’s ok Abs, I’ll explain it later. You still need to rest.”
“Are you going to stay?” Abby asked looking straight into his deep blue eyes.
“I’ll be here till you’re out of this place. I’m not going to leave you.” Gibbs asked not fully understanding the question.
“I mean are you going to come back to NCIS?” Abby asked.
“I don’t know.” Gibbs said, “Would you like to know what happened to you?” Gibbs asked sincerely.
“Please.” Abby answered and Gibbs told her the story. After the story she asked again, “Are you going to come back to NCIS.” She had decided in her mind that if he didn’t come that she couldn’t go back there.
“We’ll just see, okay?”
“Okay.”
Abby got out of hospital the next week. She headed off to work not knowing what was going to happen.
“Abby, are you sure you are ready to be here?” Director Shepherd asked.
“I don’t know, it depends.”
“On what?”
“Is Gibbs coming back?” She said straight to the point not wanting to stall any longer.”
“I’m not sure.” Jen said with a bit of a smile on her face, Abby didn’t notice.
“Oh… ok” Abby said disappointed and walked out and down the stairs. When she arrived at the bottom there was someone there to greet her. “Gibbs!” Abby said and jumped into his arms.
“It’s okay Abs, I will always be here for you.” He said.
“So you’re leaving again?” She asked pulling away.
“Never.” Gibbs answered and she hugged him even tighter.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it's really short but it's that short for 2 reasons: 1- I have had bad writers block for about 2 or 3 weeks and 2- I didn't think it needed to be any longer.