- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In Batimore Gibbs and Ziva meet up with a Detective Smith, What a Joke!
On their way to Baltimore Gibbs and Ziva had to stop to get some gas for the Sedan,
“We have had several high speed chases to Baltimore, never had we stop to get gas, not once!” Ziva complained and Gibbs just gave her a glare,
“High speed chases? We rarely have those. Oh, you mean when I Command you to pick up an suspect and Tony is to tired to drive so you scare the hell out of him.” Gibbs said and started the sedan.
“I cant help that he gets car sick so easily, but he have no problem when he is the one driving like an maniac.” she said still complaining.
“That might be because he drives on the right side of the road, you know we are not in England.” he reminded her.
“You are defending him! This is the first, but you are defending him! I should cal and tell him that.” Ziva said laughing.
“I…” Gibbs started, he had nothing to say in his defence.
“Why doesn’t I have something to hold against you? I even owe you my life, what the hell is this.” Gibbs said giving up.
“I am to smart for that and you know it. But hey I did fell in love with an suspect once.” She offered.
“So did McGee, well not an suspect an witness, she died, and Tony. You really want to know?” Gibbs asked.
“Yeah, what about Tony?” Ziva said interested.
“The first time…” Gibbs started but Ziva interrupted.
“Wait more than once?” Ziva asked surprised.
“Well, three that I can think of. The first one was the murderer of two marines, she drugged and kidnapped him, We found him later in the drain system. The second one was an guy who became a girl, and the third one was Paula Cassidy, she kicked his as some time later.” Gibbs said and laughed at the memory.
“Oh my god!” Was the only thing Ziva could think of saying.
“Cassidy? Really? She is just so…” Ziva stated.
“She is not like the others because she is the same age as him self?” Gibbs tried.
“Exactly!” Ziva said and let out a breath.
“We are here, we are looking for a detective…. Smith.” Gibbs said and got out.


Down in Puerto Rico Tony was enjoying him self. He was out eating lunch with his new co workers, Agents Jimmy Landes, Sofia Cruise and Mark Roberts. The lab technician was away on a curse, and the ME wasn’t free to get some lunch so the Agents went out for lunch on a Restaurant near the beach, Telling stories, the four Agents had never worked or met each other before, so out for lunch it was, Tony had a really good time when his cell phone stated to ring, every one hold their breath, they wasn’t up for an case after lunch, Tony let out a sigh.
“It is Abby, the Tec I told you about.” Tony said and answered.
“What? He haven’t found anyone yet?” Tony said listening to her ramble about Gibbs was out looking for a new guy.
“Take it easy abs, you know how Gibbs is, he will found a good guy, I am surprised Jen didn’t just placed an agent there.” Tony said calming.
“Oh, you need a cop? That’s another story.” Tony continued.
“Just relax and cal me when he had found someone, I am curios…. Ok, really? That’s so, Well you cant throw paper at her so just temper with her computer, I am sure Ziva will explode…. Yeah… hear from you later? Good, bye abs.” and he ended the cal. His agents just looked at him.
“I was the one that annoyed everyone so they didn’t explode in the field. Just like you Landes.” Tony said with an smile and stood up to pay for the meal.


Back in Baltimore Gibbs had some questions to this Detective Smith. He sat facing him and between them was a desk.
Ziva as on the other side if the squad room drinking coffee, eyeing the detective, he seemed nervous, almost shaking when Gibbs asked the questions.
“So, how long have you been working homicide?” Gibbs asked.
“5 years sir!” He answered just like an soldier. Gibbs had to smile at the respect he got. But the guy seemed like a guy that always go by the records, like McGee but older. Not like Tony who easily bends the rules. Just like him self he might add.
Gibbs knew this guy must have applied to every single Federal Agency in the country, He didn’t need a new Probie.
“and how many years were you working Street before homicide?” Gibbs asked, he knew he would never ever work with someone like him to watch his six. But the question had another purpes, to change the guys attitude toward other people, before Gibbs walked in he was bossing around the younger cops, and now he was sitting almost sweating by the presents of Agent Gibbs, and Gibbs just had this need to make a complete fool out of this guy, so he didn’t continued the harassing after he left.
“6 years Agent Gibbs.” he answered with an Smile.
“11 years in duty. You must been here both when a guy named DiNozzo started and left.” Gibbs said with an discussed voice just to make the guy think Gibbs hated Tony.
“Yeah, he was a real pain in the ass, I cant believe he worked Homicide, He was really stupid, I think he ended up killing him self, He couldn’t handle the job.” He answered the question. Ziva took a step forward but Gibbs stopped her.
“No, no Ziva. This was the answer I wanted to hear. Because now I will tell him exactly what happened to Tony and then we will leave and he will feel like an ass.” He said and smiled at Ziva.
“What about Tony?” The guy asked. “I thought he headed for a burn out and got him self killed.” the guy asked.
“I hired Tony, 6 years ago, Today he is down in Puerto Rico, with his own team, and I am looking for his replacement, I might ask him about you later, But my opinion is that you need to cool down, because most of the cops in here is much smarter than you are, Bye.” Gibbs said and stood up. Leaving the guy stunned.
Out side Ziva bust out laughing.
“How long did you wait to ask that question?” Ziva asked when she had calmed down.
“you saw him your self, such an idiot, I needed to rub something in and used Tony.” Gibbs said and got in the car.
“May I cal him? I need to know about this guy…” Ziva asked.
“Sure, he is probably out for lunch anyway… ” Gibbs answer and drove off.

Tony was surprised to see Ziva on his caller ID before he answered.
He was sitting by his desk when she called so he leaned back.
“Missed me to much, did you?” Tony asked with an smile.
“Don’t go get goat minded.” Ziva answered with an smirk.
“Pig headed, What’s up?” He corrected her.
“What stories can you tell me about detective Smith of the Baltimore PD?” Ziva asked.
“I promise you, if Gibbs hired him, I will so get my but to DC and Gibbs-slap the hell out him.” Tony promised.
“Tony, she has the phone on speaker.” Gibbs said with an smile.
“Oh. Hi Gibbs.”
Chapter End Notes:
only this one and Chapter 5 left before I will get down to buisness...