- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first fan fic, I'm mixing in a character I made from an original novel of mine.
Author's Chapter Notes:
A Marine and his family on the run, and the start of some thing McGee could've never imagined.
NCIS: Far from ordinary

Chapter 1

All he could do was start at his sheet of paper that was a blank as his thought process. The eyes of Timothy McGee stared luminously at the sheet of paper in his type writer. A feeling he’d been through before but each time found to be incredibly annoying. The fact his gaze shifted eyes so often from the paper to the digital clock aside the type writer. It was a slow and almost painful feeling watching minutes slip by and still nothing was done. The clock read 1:34 am, which was bad considering that in about 4 hours he’d have to be awake to head to work at NCIS headquarters.
He should’ve been a sleep a couple of hours ago but as a writer he’d feel bad if he couldn’t put out at least a couple of pages whenever he sat down to write. After seeing taking as much as he could of staring at the clock and the page Tim got up and entered the bedroom door behind him. He turned right and made his way to his almost uncomfortably cramped bathroom. Tim ran his sink and washed his, he looked up at his mirror. Normally a man his age should be out on the town as they say. Meeting women and having even one night stand would be great at this moment. However his slightly and almost moms boy face paired with his geeky personality almost made it unlikely in this day and age.
With an almost disappointed look in his eyes Tim looked to his mirror and huffed before saying.
“Come on Tim get it together. You’ll break this writer’s block soon or later. In the mean time I guess I better get some sleep”
He turned out the lights in his bathroom and crawled into his bed, wrapped himself in his black duvet cover and went to sleep.
3 hours later in a small motel outside city limits…
It wasn’t much the brag about, or place to even to write home about. The L shaped 2 storey motel had an old folk’s retirement home in Florida feel. The dreary rain and chipping paint though had an almost haunted contemned feeling to the place. On the second floor standing by a vending machine the looked ready for the scrap heap was a tall broad shouldered man in blue jeans, white t-shirt, and a baseball cap stands in front of it. He was trying to make a choice from the machine. Between the flickering lights and the pouring rain it made it a little hard to focus on selecting a meal. A sticker to the side caught the attention of his blue eyes. Stating that the last time the machine was service was April of 97.
‘Hope the foods been replaced since then’ He thought.
He put in some money and took 3 candy bars from the machine. He ran down the hall the last room and got inside as quickly as he could. The room was not very spacious; it had a twin sized bed with a 3 drawer shelf across from it. An old work green couch across from it. Tacky pictures of costal scenes on the walls and a bathroom with a bulb that was close to sounding like a bug zapper. On the bed already was a white woman, she was in track pants and a t-shirt, had fairly nice body with face that most would describe as Hollywood girl next door. She watched the TV showing the evening news with her arm around a little girl no more then 4 years old in pink pajamas holding a stuffed rabbit fast asleep.
“How long ago did she fall asleep?” The man asked as he put the candies and cap on the small side table to his left.
“She was close to a sleep when we got her Daniel” She responded.
“She’s your daughter she could sleep on command if she had to” Daniel said trying to make a joke.
She gently moved her arm off her daughter and made sure she was comfortable before she got up. The woman reached into a plastic bag on the couch and pulled out a small plastic cup. She way to the bathroom pouring her some water from the tap it wasn’t spring water fresh or refrigerated cold but in this case she couldn’t complain. Daniel rested against the door frame.
“Amanda I’m sorry…we had to get away…” He said.
Amanda turned to face him with a look on her face approaching pissed. He could see her anger start to build with each breath he took.
“The only reason we had leave is because you got us mixed with those people” Amanda said while making sure she kept her voice down.
She almost shoved him aside as she made her way to the bed. Daniel could only look at her from where he was. He knew she was right; the reason his family was where they were now was because he made a mistake. Only thing he could hope for was that this mistake wouldn’t cost his family their lives.
Later at 5:30 am…
The alarm clock buzzer went off and despite having slept so little Timothy McGee had no problem climbing out of bed. He went to his closet and picked out a suit and tie for work today. He showered, groomed himself and dressed for the day in a navy blue blazer jacket with matching pants and tie. He poured himself a coffee and made his way out the door. On the drive to work his cell phone began to ring and a look at the caller ID had the name DiNozzo. Tim flipped open his phone and answered.
“It’s a little early to brag about your date last night Tony. I’ll be in the office in a few you can give the details then”
“Funny probie but the boss says were heading out. Meet us at the Sleep Easy Motel just off highway 9. Oh seeing as how you’ll be last at the scene it’d be cool if you brought the coffee probie see you there” DiNozzo said then hung up quickly.
McGee was a people pleaser and knew what it was like where there boss special agent Gibbs didn’t get his coffee in the morning. So he made a stop at a Starbucks on his way and grabbed coffee for every one on his crew he assumed would be there. One for the sultry and attractive Mossad officer Ziva David, the skirt chasing homicide detective Anthony (Tony) DiNozzo, The always knowledgeable Dr. Donald (Ducky) Mallard, And their boss former Marine gunnery sergeant Leroy Jethro Gibbs. On his way out to the parking lot He looked down the alley and what caught his eye was a woman being held against a wall.
A ratty looking man who looked like he hadn’t seen a shower in ages was holding a knife to her throat. Instinctively Timothy ran down the ally while keeping a safe distance he drew his gun.
“Freeze NCIS” Tim screamed.
“Piss off this has nothing to do with you” The ratty man replied.
“I won’t tell you again…put the knife down” Tim said with authority behind his voice.
The ratty man gulped and dropped the knife and backed off. He went to his knees McGee then proceeded to cuff him. He went over to the woman to check if she was alright. What caught his attention aside from her hour glass figure under her pink tank top and black jeans, was her hair and eyes. Her was neatly tied back in a pony tail and was as pink as cotton candy. Her eyes were the same color as her hair, he’d never seen contacts that color before but she was an attractive woman despite the over abundance of the color on her.
“Are you ok?” He asked.
“Thank you…I don’t know what I would’ve done. It’s not very often you meet someone willing to stick there neck out for someone they don’t know” She replied.
“Well it’s my job, I’m an agent with NCIS” Listen you should get to a hospital and get checked” Tim said as he looked away for a moment and went for his cell phone.
“No need…I know what I need to now” She said.
What he saw next shocked him, he looked to the wall where the woman was standing a moment ago and like a ghost…she’d vanished. A look to there the ratty was kneeling showed he had disappeared as well. Leaving only McGee’s hand cuffs on the ground. He knelt down and picked up the cuffs. At loss for words it was hard to explain what he’d just witnessed. For a moment he even began to think he’d been hallucinating, or even just going crazy. A sound caught his ear then, like a pin hitting a floor in a quiet room McGee was able to follow it.
It was noticed till he took a look to the area where the woman had been standing moments before. Something shimmered for just a second so McGee went to it and picked it up from the floor. It was a gold coin with an unusual crest on it; it looked like a curved katana like sword with an angle wing hilt design. McGee got to his feet and was even more puzzled then before. He took a moment to gather his thoughts, a look back the way he came saw that the coffee was dropped. He figured nothing to do at this point other then buy new coffee’s and make his way to the Motel.
The only thought McGee had as he walked out of the alley, pocketed the coin, and wondered if this day was going to get any weirder…
Chapter End Notes:
This is my first fan fic, I'm mixing in a character I made from an original novel of mine.